Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - October 31-Nov 16, 2009 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Chris,

I'm going next week so stay on the Level with me Brother and keep those reports in good shape.
    Jeff

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Hey Chris,

I'm going next week so stay on the Level with me Brother and keep those reports in good shape.
    Hey, Brother you know I'll pull every string I have for you.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Salisbury, Md 14 hours, 21 minutes or 903.36 miles From Disney
    Post Thanks / Like

it is that time of year when I come to hunt down the weather guru's reports 10 days out and I am just here checking up on how things look. looking Ok so far, thanks for all you do.
    șoș Josette șoș
    ~*~Next up~*~
    November 2015
    Surprise trip(Pop Century)

Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it! -Jack Skellington

Post Thanks / Like

I am sooooo worried about the weather next week!! I am worried that we are going to encounter some big thunderstorms???

I am used to the daily show and then pass through...please say that is all it is!
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belster View Post
    I am sooooo worried about the weather next week!! I am worried that we are going to encounter some big thunderstorms???

I am used to the daily show and then pass through...please say that is all it is!
    I'm with you, esp. since we're going to MNSSHP the same night!! Here's to hoping our night isn't a rainy one...

I'm sure hoping those models change and push those fronts back...
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belster View Post
    Don't be too concerned right now. The models really are all over the place, changing every run. Honestly, anything beyond 5 days (instead of my usual 7) is a guess right now. Sometimes the models show a big front coming down at the end of next week, but then the next run it shows the front fizzling out before getting to Orlando. We'll just have to watch for some consistency. Early in the week is also a toss up. The cold front coming through this weekend that pushes back north on Monday and Tuesday I don't think will cause all day rains. Off and on thunderstorms are possible, though. It just depends on how far north that front backs up. Some models show it staying south of Orlando, some don't and I'm trying to sift through them all to see which ones have the best handle on the situation. I'll keep you updated!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    ...I'm trying to sift through them all to see which ones have the best handle on the situation. I'll keep you updated!
    Chris, you're awesome... thank you so much for keeping us up-to-date on stuff, even when the models are whacky. Here's to hoping they settle down and settle in to something a little more easy to predict!!

(btw, I now have this thread as a bookmark on my Blackberry so I can check it while we're there... I've come to trust you more than what I hear on TV! )
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    (btw, I now have this thread as a bookmark on my Blackberry so I can check it while we're there... I've come to trust you more than what I hear on TV! )
    Thanks Blythe! Do be aware, though, that I'll be closing this thread and opening the November thread on Nov 1. You'll have to change your bookmark then.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Blythe! Do be aware, though, that I'll be closing this thread and opening the November thread on Nov 1. You'll have to change your bookmark then.
    No worries.... all we're doing that day is flying home.
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes the models show a big front coming down at the end of next week, ..
    Chris you're gettin' me excited. I wasn't expecting that at WDW.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, Brother. It happens sometimes this time of the year. However, it's still voodooland so we'll see how things look over the next couple of days. Looks a little weaker on the late evening models.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Question

So, seriously... what is up with the temps?? Totally unpacked this week and re-did my suitcase with shorts and tank tops, got rid of jackets and capris... well, except a couple of pairs for the evenings...

I know these temps are WAY above normal for this time of year, this is Aug/Sept. weather.

What's bringing it?? (and what are lows expected to be? Can we anticipate cooler evenings, even though the days will be hot?)

Guess I'm re-thinking adding TL back into the plans...
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    I know these temps are WAY above normal for this time of year, this is Aug/Sept. weather. What's bringing it?? (and what are lows expected to be? Can we anticipate cooler evenings, even though the days will be hot?)
    Actually, the "average" high for this time of the year is 84. So, temps are staying pretty much right on normal. Things warmed up a little bit due to an intense high a couple of weeks ago, but then we had record lows last week. El Nino is what's causing it. It tends to bring more extremes. Anyway, Saturday might be hot depending on when the rain comes, but then Sunday through Thursday or so next week will be right around 85 for highs, which is basically normal. It still depends on when the front moves through next week, but by the end of next week temps should be below normal (upper 70s) so I would imagine October will end up averaging out right around "normal" as some weeks have been hotter and some cooler.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Jackie Mouse

Return Offender since 1982!
    Stayed at: CBR, POR, CSR, CR, Poly, ASMo
    Tri-annually in 2010 & 2011... Is that a word?

Next Visit: August 2011
    On Deck: January 2012 if I can make it that long that is...*o*

Post Thanks / Like

Thank the boss for the great forecast. Tell him (or her) you deserve a raise!!!!
    Thanks for the good news!!!
    Tracy șOș

1995 Grand Floridian for honeymoon
    2004 Polynesian LVC (three kids later)
    2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    figured out the secret...
    2008 DVC member AKV

2009 Saratoga Springs/ Boardwalk Villa
    2009 VWL/ AKV... 2 trips in 1 year..love my DVC!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, are you talking mid 80's with lots of humidity or that nice, comfortable 80's? We're going the 1st thru the 8th and we changed our trip once already to avoid HOT!

Post Thanks / Like

Are there any forecasts as to what type of winter WDW's expecting? I know that's Extreme Voodooland- but ya know, warmer or colder than usual?
    Jackie Mouse

Return Offender since 1982!
    Stayed at: CBR, POR, CSR, CR, Poly, ASMo
    Tri-annually in 2010 & 2011... Is that a word?

Next Visit: August 2011
    On Deck: January 2012 if I can make it that long that is...*o*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BiloxiMom View Post
    Chris, are you talking mid 80's with lots of humidity or that nice, comfortable 80's? We're going the 1st thru the 8th and we changed our trip once already to avoid HOT!
    The humidity shouldn't be too bad. Certainly not summer bad. So, while it will be warm you shouldn't feel like you've just gotten out of the shower after 5 min outside.

Quote Originally Posted by disneykid@hrt View Post
    Are there any forecasts as to what type of winter WDW's expecting? I know that's Extreme Voodooland- but ya know, warmer or colder than usual?
    The really long-range models right now are indicating that things will be a little wetter than normal with temps at or very slightly above normal.As you said, that's "super-voodooland" but given the El Nino in effect that's probably correct.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is a 'model'

Chris,
    I don't know much about meteorology: What do you mean by Models?

Our stay at the world is the 7-12th, hoping these 'models' you speak of bring good things.

Thanks.
    Many trips as a child '73-'92

Boardwalk Villas Nov'06

Boardwalk Villas Nov '07
    Beach Club Villas Nov '08
    Old Key West Nov '09
    Old Key West Sept'10

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Minniefan68 View Post
    Chris,
    I don't know much about meteorology: What do you mean by Models?
    The "models" are computer simulations (or models) of the atmosphere. They are the primary means of forecasting. There are a ton of them out there run by different groups - NAM, GFS, UKMET, EWRF (Canadian), NOGAPS, and so on. Essentially these are very complex simulations based on really long advanced calculus, thermodynamics, and fluid dynamics and other physics/chemistry formulas (they give me a big headache just looking at them) that run on super computers which attempt to figure out all the variables of the atmosphere and give us a clue as to what will happen. None of them is perfect and each has its strengths and weaknesses (which is why using an automated site, like weather.com - is useless because they only use 1 model). Therefore I look at all of them, take into account those strengths and weaknesses, and try to build a forecast. Now, once we get past 6-7 days the variables in the atmosphere become so enormous that even super computers can't figure them out with a large degree of accuracy, which is why I refer to the time beyond 7 days as "voodooland." Out that far we can usually tell general patterns, but not specifics.

Hope that helps!!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: