Quantcast Online check-in help !!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Online check-in help !!

Hello All !
    We're getting ready for our October 5th-10th trip to Boardwalk Villas. Our 10 day mark is quickly appraoching, and I was wondering how much of a time saver the online check-in really is ? Can anyone that's used online check-in give me any pro's/cons with the service ? Thanks to all who respond !!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We used it in August at GF and I think it was worth it. Although the check-in counter was not busy when we arrived, I am sure it saved us about 10-15 min. Had there been a long line, it would have been a significant amount of time. Figure it this way - if it takes 10 min to check in (on average) and there are 3 groups ahead of you, that's 30 min right there.

We went to the special counter in the lobby for on-line check-in and had to show our confirmation. They had all our docs ready, gave us our keys and maps, and we were done - about 2 minutes total. Our room wasn't ready, so we went right to the park - we got off Magical Express at 11:35 and were walking into MK at 12:15! I received a text mesage about 2 hours later that the room was ready - my contact info was captured during the online check-in.

I was very pleased with the service. I really do not see a downside and will do this again.

One caution - we were unable to register our Disney rewards card on-line; we could only do a credit card. Later in the trip, I stopped by the front desk and did it - no hassle or problem.

2018 Port Orleans Riverside
    2012 Port Orleans Riverside
    2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
    2009 Grand Floridian
    2007 Contemporary
    2006 Grand Floridian
    2004 Polynesian
    1980 Day trip to MK

Post Thanks / Like

We used it this month - our packet was ready so it took about 3 minutes to check in. What can it hurt not to use it?
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

Default It Works!

I have used online check-in and it worked like a breeze - and the line was shorter and fast than conventional check-in.

Before online check-in I always seemed get behind pokey people; people who couldn't figure out what credit card they wanted to use, people who were trying to get changed to the exact same room they had the last 3 times they stayed at this resot, people who were trying to get a free upgrade to something more than they booked and paid for and of course, people who had a million first timer questions like "Where's the pool?" and "Where's thr Dumbo ride?

I don't know about you but my attitude at check-in is, I may come back to the lobby and "visit" later but right now I want to find my room, throw down my carry-ons, wash my face, check out my balcony/terrace (you did say BW Villas) and let the fun begin.

Online check-in means:

1. Go the the online check-in (short) line.
    2. Show your photo ID.
    3. Accept your packet.
    4. Zip-a-Dee Doo Dah.

Post Thanks / Like

Another YES vote here!

In addition to the slow guests ahead of you in line, I always seem to get the room key machine that freezes up or won't print right! Or some other glitch with printing out check-in documents.

When you check-in online- all of that is done before you arrive. So what if the machine misfires? You'll never know!
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Memorial Week at POP 5 min and on our way.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I will be the one sort of negative vote here. What I do not like is that you cannot reiterate any requests when you do online check in (other than a crib and a few other choices that were not important to me).
    Sainter
    Oct97 AS Sports/Trop Palms
    Oct00 AS Sports/4 Pts Sheraton
    Oct01 Condo Nov02 POR/Calypso Cay
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Mar09 AS Sports, Sept09 POR
    Mar11 Pop/CSR, Jan12 AS Sports
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Kathy at magical journeys advised me not to use the online check in so that I could ask them if they were able to honor my reservation request.

(I can sympathize with the waiting issue though -- last time at PO it was FOREVER until we got checked in. )
    CSR - Dec 2009
    POFQ - Jan 2007
    All Star Music - Oct 2003

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ajpa View Post
    (I can sympathize with the waiting issue though -- last time at PO it was FOREVER until we got checked in. )
    Try CBR on a Saturday! We did online check in earlier this month and it was great - everything was ready.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

Default Both

I hope they continue to offer both.

Regular check in for when I need more time and online check in for when I don't need to be behind people who need more time.

Post Thanks / Like

This may be a dumb question, but what site do you go to to check in online? What do I need - just my ressie #? Do you have to check in exactly 10 days from your arrival or anytime within the 10 days? We are 21 days away.
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Travel View Post
    This may be a dumb question, but what site do you go to to check in online? What do I need - just my ressie #? Do you have to check in exactly 10 days from your arrival or anytime within the 10 days? We are 21 days away.
    You go to disney's site and log in, go to my vacation and you'll see a spot for online check in, enter your ressie # and the name of who it is booked under, tge checkin date and hotel.
    You dont have to do it on day 10 but anytime during the 10 days before your stay you can do online check in
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess21 View Post
    You go to disney's site and log in, go to my vacation and you'll see a spot for online check in, enter your ressie # and the name of who it is booked under, tge checkin date and hotel.
    You dont have to do it on day 10 but anytime during the 10 days before your stay you can do online check in
    Thank you! I'm going to try it in 11 days!
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

It is a huge time saver if it is working right, when I went in March I could not get it to work right for me. I would hope by now they have fixed the glitches.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Travel View Post
    Thank you! I'm going to try it in 11 days!
    No problem!
    I get to try it in 51 days!

I hope you have a magical vacation!
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: