Quantcast Leaving in 2 and a half weeks!!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Leaving in 2 and a half weeks!!!

Hi everyone,

I can't believe we are finally this close. DH and I booked our cruise back in March 2008. WE leave on our 7 night cruise on October 10th. Thought it would never get here.

I am starting to get our things put together and was wondering what packing tips seasoned cruisers could give me. This is our first cruise so a little unsure on this topic.

We are also doing a night at AKL before the cruise and 3 nights at BCV afterwards.

Thanks for your help!!
    Bethie aka BethieTink

DVC Member 2006 - BCV

Upcoming - Oct 09 - 1 night at AKL, 7 night Eastern Carribean Cruise on the Magic, 3 nights at BCV

Last Trip - Jan 09 - MLK Weekend at WLV

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what I find very useful in my packing

First - pack everything, now take half out and LEAVE IT HOME!

Okay, now that you have more room in your suitcase - here is some essentials:

Go to Walmart and get an over the door shoe holder. This goes on your
    bathroom door in your cabin. It holds EVERYTHING. (Sometimes the dollar store has these, but not very often).

If you do not use a washcloth when you shower (i.e. you use the little round nylon
    scrubber thing) pick up one while you are at Walmart also. You can just leave it there when you leave.

One other thing at Walmart – go over to the camping section and get the glowsticks (you know the ones that the kids use at Halloween time). They come two to a package. Buy enough to last all nights on the ship. Each night before you go to bed – snap one – and put it in the bathroom --instant night light. In the morning throw it away.

Buy a very small roll of duck tape – you never know when it might come in handy.

Bring a power strip. You cannot use the outlets in the bathroom, and there is only one in the cabin – this is the most used thing in my suitcase,

Bring a few clothespins. They have a clothesline that goes across your bathtub/shower area, but the clothespins help. These also came in handy to keep any curtains closed all the way.

I also go to the dollar store and pick up a few ponchos – much cheaper than Disney sells them.

One other thing - if you are going to do laundry, small samples of tide/bounce sheets also help - you no longer need quarters though - everything is now charged to your KTTW card.
    Last edited by Imalismom; 09-22-2009 at 07:47 PM.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

Just returned yesterday from my 4 night cruise on the Wonder. I have a couple of hints also, but also would like to give opinion on other hints.
    - laundry facilities were nice and available for $1 to wash, $1 to dry; change machine in laundry. I didn't need to do laundry, but daughter did.
    -I found no need for the over the door holder. Plenty of room on shelf above the sink for small amt of items.
    -Extension cord is a must if you plan on using any type of DVD player or computor in the room.
    -I didn't need a nightlight, but I do like the glowstick idea.
    -If you are fond of TV, don't expect to watch it on the cruise. Most channels are blocked or only show disney cartoons and movies. The Showtime channels only have 4 movies that play the entire cruise. If you must have your TV, buy some show series or movies to take with you.
    -Fireworks !!! I chose not to attend the Pirates party because there were not any seats available on the deck. I would have to stand and after a long day, I just didn't want to do that. However, I did sit on the 4th deck with a lovely view of the fireworks. No one else was around and saw them without any problem.
    -If you drink lots of soda, buy a bottle of water and bring it on board. Then use the "bottle" to get soda to take back to your room.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sara114 View Post
    <snip>
    -I found no need for the over the door holder. Plenty of room on shelf above the sink for small amt of items.
    <snip>.
    Ah, I do not just keep bathroom items in mine.... I put mine on the outside of the bathroom door, and keep just about every small items in the pockets. Even when we where in the Roy suite with all the space that you needed and more, I still put mine up LOL!.... I guess its what you get in the habit of doing.

You are correct, there is a lot of room in the bathrroom for normal bathroom stuff.

Also, I have never used the duck tape, but I'm afraid if I don't bring it, I'm surely going to need it.

I have yet to ever use th
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: