Quantcast How Many DVCers Get the DDP? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: As a DVC Member do you add the DDP onto your reservation?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I always add it.

30 38.46%
  • No, I never add it.

25 32.05%
  • Sometimes, it depends on the circumstances.

23 29.49%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

We have purchased the DDP for every trip we've made to WDW so far and for the most part we've found it to be a good deal. However, for our next trip we've decided not to get it and will probably go with the Tables In Wonderland card instead. We have a couple of reasons for this.

First, my oldest son is now 10. Disney now considers him an adult and I refuse to pay $40 a day for him when all he'll want is pizza and chicken nuggets. Disney really needs to create a new category for kids in the 10 - 12 range that don't want to or can't eat all the food that comes with a normal adult meal.

The second reason is that you change your eating habits to fit the plan instead of getting what you really want. You might be in the mood for $12 salad for dinner but you don't get it because you're not maximizing the value of the plan. Instead you opt for the $35 steak even though you'd really prefer the salad.

And lastly, 4 desserts is just too much for us. When we go out to a restaurant here at home, we usually get one dessert (if we get one at all) and split it amongst the 4 of us.

Hope this helps!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just back - Real Nbrs

When asked DDP vs TIW I always feel it depends on your habits. This trip I actually kept all my receipts and decided to share the results for our 7 night stay for what it is worth.

We are a family of 4: DH, myself, DS14 & DS17. We order from GG and have breakfast in the room, we are big on appetizers & not so big on dessert.

We ate at Plaza Rest, Mama Melrose, California Grill, LeCellier, Narcoossees (sp?); Kona Cafe; Room Svc (1nt); and Artist Point. Don't always have lunch but if on the plan would have used 11 CS. Note here: Roaring Forks sandwiches &
    made to order salads are easily split between 2. We also spent an afternoon at F&WF grazing.

DDP would have cost 1118.60 + 294.22 for xtra TS + 67 room svc + 63 appetizers = 1542.82

TIW cost - 100 GG + 885.42 TS + 77.66 CS + 121.46 + 60 orig card cost last yr) = $1244.54

We also used the discount for beverages including some great wines. So for us, TIW works best.
    Last edited by VWL Mom; 11-13-2009 at 08:06 AM. Reason: sp
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

We've been to WDW 5 times (not including our 3 night stay w/out parks) and used the DDP all but our first trip. Our last real trip was a split stay in which we had the deluxe for the second half. Don't ever need to do the deluxe again, unless we win the lotto and thus don't mind blowing a ton of money. I like the DDP, but DH does not. I like to sit down and plan the ADRs with the family(it builds the excitement for the trip). I don't mind doing it way in advance. I don't mind being tied down to our ADR schedule(I'm a 'follow a strict schedule' type-I even look up the extra am and pm hours and type up a schedule of where we'll be and when and I fit the ADRs into that). But, my DH prefers, and I'm starting to feel the same, a more relaxed vacation. He wants to take our own food for breakfast and some lunches and 'wing it' for dinner by going off resort some nights and doing our favorite TSs some nights. We've been to Disney enough to have done all the rides and shows multiple times, so there is no 'rush' to get everything in anymore. Plus, our kids are all now considered adults (10,10,12) on the DDP, but 2 of them still prefer kid meals. I think we'd be better off doing OOP or using TIW. We are thinking of going back in 2012. Don't know if we'll use DDP. It was more worth it when appitizers and tip was included.
    DVC since 2006 at OKW, HHI, AKV and BWV
    Upcoming: Aug 1-8, 2015 at BWV

Post Thanks / Like

I like the $38.99 DDP option when it makes sense to use it. Works well for budgeting. Do not like, however, the dessert feature.

-Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Member since '98)

2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
    2008 - BWV (2)
    2007 - BWV
    2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
    2005 - HH, BWV (2)
    2003 - BWV
    2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
    2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
    2000 - BWV
    1999 - BWV, HH, VB
    1998 - BWV, Swan

Share This Thread On Social Media: