Quantcast What should I do? I broke my toe.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question What should I do? I broke my toe.

On Wed. I went to the Dr. and found out that I broke one of the bones in my toe in two. It is swollen and bruised. I leave this Sat. for WDW and am concerned about all of the walking and standing. I'm having difficulty walking now and can't imagine it will be much better by Sat.

I know I can get my hands on a wheelchair between now and then. So what should I do? Should I take a chance and maybe have to rent one while there (or could I borrow one from ASMu? I thought I read somewhere the resort had them) or borrow one to take down just in case?

I hate to use a wheelchair and have people looking at me funny because I don't look like somethings wrong with me. It's not like they can put a cast on a toe. LOL!

Thoughts?
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry about people looking at you because of a wheelchair. If you need it, by all means use it. Standing and walking with an injury is not fun. Your going to WDW to have fun. Make your trip as comfortable for your self as possible.

I know what you mean though, I use a rolling walker w/a seat if I have to do any long walks and need to sit. I get funny looks too, because my back problem is not visible. I know on my next trip to WDW I will be renting an ECV for the time that I am there from one of the local medical supply companies.

Enjoy your trip and have fun.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch....I am so sorry that this happened. Could you doctor put you in a foot boot? I ask because when my daughter and her best friend were in DIsneyland in May my daughters best friend bang her foot on the bed and broke one of the toes. The doctor put her in a foot boot which helped a lot.

I would not worry about what people think about you being in a wheelchair. You want to be comfortable and enjoy your trip.

I hope you have a great time and are not in to much discomfort.

Post Thanks / Like

I broke my toe years back, and I walked on it for awhile before going to the Doc and the break got worse..so forget about "its only a toe" thing..it really hurt! Get a wheelchair or whatever you need to do to stay off of it. That is the only way it will heal.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Do whatever you need to make you comfortable! I'm going down next Saturday as well with my "boot" (air cast for a broken foot), and DH broke his middle toe last week. But darn it, we'll do what it takes! Although the boot gets a little heavy and hot, they can be taken off for periods of time, and they are super easy to walk in. If this is an option for you, go for it!
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

I would get a wheel chair and not worry about it. When I am in Disney I see many people in wheel chairs and scooters that don't have an outward appearance of needing one but I think most people have enough common sense to know that not all health problems are easily visable.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

There must be something in the air because I also broke my toe last night and we are arriving on Saturday!
    Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BelleLovesTheBeast View Post
    ...I hate to use a wheelchair and have people looking at me funny because I don't look like somethings wrong with me. It's not like they can put a cast on a toe. LOL!

Thoughts?
    Don't be foolish. What people think does not matter. It sounds like you would be SMART to use a wheelchair.
    Don't hesitate. Check with your airline. Make arrangements for YOUR wheelchair (If you are using DME or such, again make them aware).
    Please, don't hurt yourself because of pride or what people think. You are Injured. Don't let it ruin your trip... and while you still might be able to enjoy your pool, or walk around your room, disney is way too much walking for your foot...

Post Thanks / Like

Call a "tow" truck

Sorry I couldn't resist. Seriously your health is much more important than what people think. Get a wheel chair! If your bone does not heal properly you run the risk of further injury in the future. Prop up your foot and stroll along, that's what I would do.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Grandmom's house in St. Augustine - 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    July '12 POFQ

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Feb '13 Cars family suite!

Post Thanks / Like

How about those canes that double as a chair - that way you can use it to walk, sit while in line and then if it gets really bad rent a wheelchair

good luck
    GMGDISNEYMOM
    6/14 BCV
    7/13 DL-Paradise Pier
    4/12 AKL
    12/11 SSR
    11/10 VWL
    11/09 AKL
    4/09 FWC
    10/08 - VWL
    6/08 BV (1st DVC trip!)
    1/08 - AKL
    4/07 - FWC
    12/96 - OKW
    5/88- C
    11/84 - LBVV
    11/77 - C

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the advice!

I'm going to be picking up a wheelchair to use for my trip tomorrow. I think it's better to stay off of it and let it heal properly than walk on it and take a chance of it not healing properly and needing surgery to correct it.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Share This Thread On Social Media: