Quantcast Survivor-Samoa - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor-Samoa

Post Thanks / Like

It definitely has a very set up feeling this year. Russell finding the idol is one example.

I read elsewhere that this season the hidden immunity idol is only good if you find it at the other tribe's camp. So Russell's would be no good. Not sure if that's correct though.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Melanie, yes! I hope that's right. I would love that to play out.

I don't understand the hold Russell has on any of these people. And I don't like the editing at all. I don't feel like I'm watching Survivor. I feel like I'm watching The Russell Show. I know if they genuinely have a good villain on their hands, they probably feel like they have to show him a lot, but this is ridiculous. And genuine is up for grabs. Why isn't Mick leading? Is he hoping to make it to merge and have easy targets to offer for voting out before him? Because you have to make merge for that happen. Why would you keep a guy with a hot temper who is making you lose challenges? Predictable when it costs you is not a good thing. It's the same mistake Brandon made last year, keeping another Ben (Coach) because he was predictable. And we all know what happened to Brandon.

And Shambo? I don't know if we'll see any votes from that side the way it's going, but I thought she was going to have a stronger social game than that. She might as well paint the target on her own back. Shamwow, Shambo, get it together! I'm just frustrated with the season so far.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Meh. This season has really been the pits thus far. This whole "The Russell Show" thing has me really turned off.

Here's the thing ... he's not a good villain. He's like a caricature of a villain. A good villain ... like Coach or Johnny Fairplay ... you really can work up a good lather hating them, but this guy?? He just irritates me and irritation is just not the same.

Honestly, I may bail on this season. Between that whole Yasmin/Ben drama (which seemed just so forced) and Russell crowing and strutting around like a moron ... I'm just really, really disappointed so far.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how I feel about this season yet...I think it's too early to tell. Russell didn't annoy me nearly as much this week as he did last week, but I think that's only because Ben (who needs to go ASAP) took some of the attention away. Yasmine was over the top last night, and I'm looking forward to her leaving soon. I wonder if that's why her team leader chose her to go, b/c she was annoying her own tribe so much. I started off rooting for Shambo, but after last night, eh, her time is short lived. To boast about being great at spear fishing and then not to get a single fish...plus to lose some equipment and not even be sorry about it? She's done for.

I do wish they would show more of the players, though. They always seem to be talking to the same people ie. Russell, and that is quite annoying. There are plently of people out there to share the editing time with. I will continue to tune in though!
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that the whole Russell thing is getting old fast. When he found the idol, I just kept thinking that he had to have been given some kind of tip or clue from the producers or something. It seemed really set up to me. I'll be glad when he's gone so they can focus on the other tribe members, but I have a feeling that as much as they have hyped up the "biggest villan ever" thing, he'll be around for a while.

I'd really like to see Ben and Yasmin both go, too. They don't seem as much like characters on the show to me, just downright jerks. I know it's still the beginning of the season, but I feel like they haven't even shown the purple tribe at all (can't even remember the tribe name!). I hate when all the focus is on just one tribe show after show. It gets monotonous! Here's hoping this season improves a bit!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Russell reminds me of that girl a few seasons ago that tried too hard to be evil. I wish I could remember her name, but she would go on and on about how bad she was. It seems entirely fake at this point...all his laughing and talking about getting his way with the votes. He's unlikeable on so many levels, but is he really as evil as he wants us to think?
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

Post Thanks / Like

Well Russell is married with 4 children...so hopefully there's 5 people who like him.

It blows my mind how someone can take something as "valued" as the tribes fishing equipment...lose it and have such an "oh well" attitude about it. I don't think it would have "sunk"...would it??? It probably should have floated.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't she say the water was too murky to see anything? I was surprised with her military background that she was so nonchalant with losing that mouthpiece.
    Sonja

Post Thanks / Like

I was really disappointed that Russell found that immunity idol last night and Ben just has no remorse. Yasmin definitely over-stepped her boundaries with the Foa Foa tribe. I too would like to see more of the other participants. Mick just doesn't seem to be leading at all, at least not from what they show us. They are too focused on Russell and unfortunately he will probably last a long time. I'm still watching though, still my favorite show.
    Dixie Landings 94,96,98
    POR 2006
    POFQ 2008,2009,2011
    Boardwalk 2013
    POFQ 2016

Post Thanks / Like

I was kinda hoping for a "twist" in which Jeff would tell Yasmin...since the tribe lost Mike ( to Mike that he'll be alright)...they would put Yasmin on the tribe.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I don't watch this show, but isn't that the same place that was hit by the Tsunami this week?

Post Thanks / Like

If I am thinking correctly, the show has taped and wrapped and they were long gone before the tsunami hit.
    Dixie Landings 94,96,98
    POR 2006
    POFQ 2008,2009,2011
    Boardwalk 2013
    POFQ 2016

Post Thanks / Like

I saw on the news that they've wrapped not only this season, but filming of the next season in the same place and producers confirmed that the remaining crew members in Samoa, there to film extra location shots, are safe.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to know all the "Survivors" are safe...(that kinda sounds a little strange doesn't it).

I know we won't see anything for this season...but it would be cool if we got to see some Tsunami shots next season.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Is Russell losing his touch? Ben is now gone with hopefully Russell to follow
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

I am loving Jaison! I liked him after that first challenge on the first show, but I really loved him last night. Ben had to go. I'm not a fan of Ashley, either, but at least she's not toxic. I want to like Mick, too, but it seems he's not much of a leader.

Shambo did a good job of winning friends on Foa Foa, too. She could bring back some good information for Galu, but she used the time to set herself up well if she makes it to merge. Galu Russell could have made himself a bigger target than Shambo by choosing comfort over function- bad move. If Galu keeps winning, it might not matter, but I have a feeling that getting rid of Ben might have helped Foa Foa.
    Sherri

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

Sherri pretty much summed up my feelings at this point. I was home from school last week since I happened to be home when the flu struck and my family are big fans. I hadn't watched for a few seasons but they watched and got me hooked for the season. Is it just me or have the challenges gotten more violent since the show started seasons ago? That mud challenge was just brutal at times and the water challenge looked like it was pretty rough too. It was entertaining though!
    ºoº Tiffany ºoº

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

Woohoo! Buh-bye Ben! So glad he's gone. I keep thinking that at some point Galu has to lose a challenge, and I think Sherri's right that getting rid of Ben will help Foa Foa. He was pretty worthless with his "guarding" in last night's challenge!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

I admit...even though I wasn't a "Ben" fan I was leaning toward "keeping" him mainly because of his "possiblity" of being stronger than any of the "little" ladies. He didn't perform well but he appears to have the "capability".

BUT...He ended up being an example followed by a discussion by my son and I. I did NOT like Yasmin and I can understand him getting angry and fighting with her when she got in his face...BUT...he started mouthing off at Jaison where a simple apology would have been appropriate. Instead Ben seemed to take Jaison's initial complaint of "yelling at EVERYBODY" to a more racially directed issue and it was EMBARASSING.

We've all probably said things that were inappropriate in our lifetimes about someone or something...but...there are times when you need to simply say..."You're right...I was inappropriate and I'm sorry". And QUIT fighting .

Well Ben's gone and he deserved it. Hopefully he'll grow up a little and learn to respect people a bit more. But he seems to be a "legend in his own mind" and he needs to come down a few notches.

I have to give Russell credit for making a good decision to go with Ben over Ashley (I'm not real keen on Ashley either...but Ben was "draggin' me down man")

Shambo annoyed me last week by losing the snorkle...but this week she seemed to show her "charm". I venture to agree. Do the chores first then Yoga. She seems to be the only one actually working in that camp.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beksy View Post
    Is it just me or have the challenges gotten more violent since the show started seasons ago?
    Jeff even said something to the effect that the challange last night would get physical. It's almost like they want to have a little brutality!

Glad to see Ben gone! Strangely enough, Russell shut up pretty quick when he realized he wasn't going to get his way and keep Ben over Ashley. He even voted for him! Jaison gets my vote for speaking his mind and staying civil. I'm glad someone put Ben in his place before he was voted off.

This season has focused on Russell so much that I actually saw players last night that I never remember seeing before!
    Sonja

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: