Quantcast How do you display your Pins at home?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you display your Pins at home?

We finally got around to framing our favorite pins into themed (kinda) shadow boxes and hung them on the wall. Anyone else use them to keep magic alive in the house by displaying them?
    1982 MK
    1988 MK & Epcot
    1989 MK & Epcot
    2002 MK, Epcot and Disney MGM Studios
    2006 DL
    2008 MK, Epcot and DHS (Best trip EVER)

Booked- 5 year wedding aniv at Port Orleans Riverside April 20-22 2012

Planned Chirstmas 2012 offsite

Second Star to the right and straight on till morning.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My DW is the pin collector but I have used shadow boxes to display them. I use foam board for the backing. It works okay...I'm trying to find a better way because after awhile they want to fall out...Any ideas?
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

We use shadow boxes, too but the back (where you push in the pins) is not deep enough, so we have added cork and then cover the cork with felt that has a sticky back. Seems to work for us.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

We have a large (3' X 3') piece of felt hung by a wood dowel in our hall. I glued a yard stick on the bottom to keep it in place. We can move the pins easily as we acquire more. We have fun moving them around, sometimes we have them by whose they are or by character. Seeing it all the time reminds us of the great trips we've taken and can't wait to go back!
    Next up:
    August 2010 - WIzarding World of Harry Potter - Universal's Royal Pacific

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    My DW is the pin collector but I have used shadow boxes to display them. I use foam board for the backing. It works okay...I'm trying to find a better way because after awhile they want to fall out...Any ideas?
    Actually I have an idea that worked real well for us. We painted the backing with black acrylic craft paint. The paint made the cloth backing stiffer and the pins dont fall out.
    1982 MK
    1988 MK & Epcot
    1989 MK & Epcot
    2002 MK, Epcot and Disney MGM Studios
    2006 DL
    2008 MK, Epcot and DHS (Best trip EVER)

Booked- 5 year wedding aniv at Port Orleans Riverside April 20-22 2012

Planned Chirstmas 2012 offsite

Second Star to the right and straight on till morning.

Post Thanks / Like

My husband has his hanging on his lanyard, he unclipped the end so it hangs down straight and put a nail in the wall to hang it from. It is full so we have started a new one that I take with us on trips. I have to be careful not to buy duplicates though cause we dont bring the full one with us
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"
    Upcoming trips
    March 2013 for Garden Festival
    October 2013 Food and Wine!

Post Thanks / Like

We finally got around to framing our favorite pins into themed (kinda) shadow boxes and hung them on the wall. Anyone else use them to keep magic alive in the house by displaying them?
    We do the same thing each year - we started in 2000 with a few small pins. We've graduated to 15-17 good pins per trip, along with a few of our squished pennies. I realized a few weeks ago when I was working on our '09 case that we have spent waaay too much on pins over the past several years! But they sure look nice in our Disney room!

I buy thin craft styrofoam, cut it to fit the box, then cover in black felt. Looks nice, and the pins stay put.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

We went to wal-mart one day and it happened to have some cloth that was a blue in color and was checker board pattern. In every other square is Mickey Mouse in a pose and the other was blank. So I got some backing and cut it all in the shape of the banners that hang from the bottom of a trumpet. With the "VV" at the bottom. Got a wooden dowl and sewed that into the top and use the command hooks to hang it from the wall in my DS room.It holds 7 pins across and 17 full rows down. The "V's" each hold about 20 more pins. Then nice thing is it just rolls up and in the suit case it goes. I am going to buy some new hooks and hang it from my window at the hotel when we go at Thanksgiving this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a frame that is divided into 9 different boxes for 9 photos, but instead I used different scrapbooking paper for the background in each square. I use different squares for different parks and resorts. Then poked the pins through putting the pin clasp on the back.

I was able to use the board that came with the frame.

I have put a photo from one of my trips in the middle box. You could use photos for the background as well.
    June, 1990 - MK, Epcot -Off Site Hotel - Sang on stage & Marched in parade at MK
    Feb. '05 - DL, DCA - Off Site Hotel
    Feb. '07 - All Parks, DT - AKL
    May '08 - All Parks, DT - AKL & POP - 4 day Disney Cruise
    Jan. '13 DL, DCA, DT -Off Site Hotel
    Nov. '13 All Parks, DT - POP & Swan

Only about twenty-five miles away from the most magical place on Earth
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really 'display' mine. I have all mine in a ziploc bag and some on my lanyard that I take out anytime I want to show them off.

Post Thanks / Like

I have mine attached to bright red towels and those attaced to hangers. My creativity is limited.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

I don t display mine my family and I have books btu it does keep the magic alive we look at them every year before go to DISNEY.
    2002 January All Star Movies
    2004 Pop Century
    2005 French Quarter
    2006 Pop Century
    2008 Beach Club
    2010 May All Star Movies

2012 May Port Orleans Riverside :)

"Faith,Trust,and a little bit of Pixie Dust"

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Disney pin shadow box made out of cherry wood with an etched glass door with Mickey heads.

It was something in the Disney catalog years ago, and I am KICKING myself now that I didn't order more than one because I haven't seen anything like it since, and of course the first one is full...

Pin addiction? Nah....
    Tracey ºoº
    AKA Ðizneyana

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're BRAVER than you BELIEVE, and STRONGER than you SEEM, and SMARTER than you THINK" ~ Christopher Robin to Pooh

WDW - 2 times
    DLR - 400+ times
    Next up - ???

Are you D23?

Post Thanks / Like

I dont really display them but I do have all of them neatly placed by carachter in my pin cross body bag or hanging on lanyards on pegs in my room!
    Ohanna means family, no one gets left behind or forgotten

Post Thanks / Like

OK...so we're a little nuts. Family of five, and my DW got us into pin trading. It was her alternative to keep the kids away from wanting autographs from all the characters.

Anyway, we have been collecting for years, and have just kept them in Ziploc storage bags. But a few weeks ago, we bought cork squares at WalMart (something like $6 for four 12in x 12in sqaures), and I bought some 2x4ft sheets of 1/4 in. plywood at Lowe's. I cut one foot off of the end, to make the plywood 2x3ft, and glued the cork squares onto the plywood. Now we are going to cover it all in felt/velvet (using a staple gun) and then i'll hang them on the wall using wire. I have made two of these boards, so that's 12 sq feet of pin-displaying glory!

But we have a LOT of pins. We've probably pin traded for the last four trips. And each time my wife starts out by buying at least 300 pins on eBay. Last time, we went through all 300 pins (and more, since we re-traded some of the pins we traded for) in seven days.

I think we'll fill those boards. And most of my wife's pins are in some of those pin-display books that she got on clearance at the Disney Outlet store at the Outlet mall just across the interstate from Downtown Disney.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

We have at least 2 pin books a hat and 3 big Disney(of course) boxes crammed with them. I keep mine in a box to in my room.
    Brittany

I Love Disney

been 23 times 24th is coming soon!!:)

Post Thanks / Like

I love your ideas for displaying them!! I might have to do that soon!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Display

I don't display mine. I have over 1000 and I keep them in zippered portfolios. I'm the only one in my family who is obsessed with pin trading. I display them when I go to the parks at the Pin Trading Hut but I make sure the pins are protected. Some of mine are quite valuble. I have 4 portfolios stuffed full and only one of them has pins for trade (it's crammed full with commons).

Post Thanks / Like

Hi! I don't have a ton of Pins, actually I really restrain myself from buying them b/c I love them all!

The Pins I do have I display at work, I push them into my cubicle wall, I get a lot of compliments on them! This way I can see them everyday and sometimes they help me get through a tough day at work.
    Autism Awareness-Solve the Puzzle
    June 1989-Off Site
    May 2002-Off Site
    October 2006-All Star Movies
    March 2007-All Star Sports
    March 2008-Pop Century
    September 2008-Pop Century
    October 2009-All Star Movies
    February 2010-Dolphin

November 2010-Birthday & Christmas

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: