Quantcast More than a day at AK?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default More than a day at AK?

Assuming you are on a vacation (4+ days) and not a day trip, does anyone ever spend more than a day at Animal Kingdom?

I guess we've been to WDW about 4 times since AK opened in '98 and I don't think we've ever spent more than a day (let alone a full day) there.

Is there anyone for whom AK is their favorite park? We go for a few key attractions, but there just isn't enough there to hold our interest.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We just do one day for AK. We love it there but
    you can do it in a day. We have done in less but
    I like to take a day. There is a lot to see and do
    there. Enjoy your time at WDW.
    BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
    NOVEMER.

Post Thanks / Like

I love it...but not when it's hot...it's especially nice when they have the late hours as you can really look around, and a lot of stuff is different in the dark...try the walk between Africa and Asia...beautiful.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Love AK! I can easily spend several days there. I love going on KS multiple times. Each safari is different. I also love to spend time on the walking trails and visiting with the Okapis and tigers. Then there is seeing all the shows. It is hard to hit FOW, Nemo, FOTLK and the parade in one day. It can be done, but I feel rushed when we try to fit it all in. AK is two days at least for me!

Post Thanks / Like

Animal Kingdom has definitely improved in recent years, but I think a nice full day at the park is all you need. There is enough time to do everything, including multiple times on Everest and the Safari if desired.

Post Thanks / Like

We park hop so we usually are at AK at least two times during our visit but not a full day each time. We use the first four full days to focus on one park each from morning until late afternoon.Then we head back to our resort, swim, and get ready for dinner. Then we head off to a different park for the evening. After the first 4 days we use our time to go back to everyone's favorites. This usually takes us to AK at least once more. I agree that it depends when you go. We go in January so we are actually able to do everything we want to do in any of the parks in one day.
    Poly Concierge Jan. 2000 - Poly Concierge Jan. 2004 - Pop Century Nov. 2004 (1 night) - CBR Nov. 2004 - Poly Club Level Jan 2010. Wyndham Bonnet Creek December 2013!!

Post Thanks / Like

We almost never spend a full day at any park. We always park hop. So, we got to AK at least twice, sometimes 3 times during a 10+ day trip.

It's just so beautiful there, and you can really slow down to just soak in everything.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

We aren't huge fans of AK.

DH spends most of a day there, but never more than that. DD and I spend the day at BB instead!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We usually spend 2 days of our trip at AK. I don't know why, but we just cannot fit everything into one day. Not even into 2 days! It may be because we have young kids and we take time for them to play in the Boneyard and try to stop for as many Discovery Kid Club spots as we can. That's one thing that really drives me nuts. No matter how hard we try, even over 2 days, we can't seem to manage to get all those stamps!

If anyone who is able to do AK in a day or two is willing to post a sample schedule, I would reallly appreciate it!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We LOVE AK, so it always gets at least 2 days during a trip, even a short one. We just can't do everything we want to do in one day.

We love the shows, so that takes time... and our girls are just starting to enjoy DinoLand, so we end up there now, too, whereas we never did before. (Love Dinsosaur, but that's about all I can say I personally like about the area! )

But the safari, KRR, EE all are rides we enjoy more than once... TTBAB takes some time, and we enjoy circling the tree looking at everything.

Then there are all the trails... we really enjoy taking our time going through them, checking out all the animals.

We take our time for a nice lunch at FTBBQ, and for a down along the river... sigh.... now I'm getting homesick!! Glad I've only got a bit to go before we're there again!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Wmsbrg, VA (12 hours & 22 minutes from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend going to AK 2 different days. But you are staying for 4 days. If you were most likely going on a 7day trip I would definately recommend going twice. But in your case, maybe one will work. And it all depends on when your going and how crowded it is. If there is hardly anyone there then you should be able to fly through it in a day. If it's crowded, the waits might be longer and your day might take longer. You should go twice, but since you are having a four day trip you should just make time for all 4 parks.
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers... and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.. whenever candlelights flicker... where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present... practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."

Post Thanks / Like

We went two days in December....its not our favorite overall park but my son's favorite ride (Expedition Everest) is there and our favorite stage show (Legend of the Lion King) is there.

I think my son rode EE a total of 17 times during that trip...with the long holiday lines we really needed the extra day.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't done this, but I can certainly envision it. I can see spending a half day there, or multiple days, depending on your likes and dislikes.

Personally, I could do the KSafari and the two walking trails over and over again, and with Dinosaur, Kali, and now Everest, I could easily spend several days there. The trouble with that is that my family, particularly my wife, would not be entertained long by that type of itenerary, so I'd be on my own.

AK is my second favorite park. There is something, welll magical, about Magic Kingdom that makes it unsurpassable on the list, the pinnacle, if you will, of all theme parks.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

ak is probably our least favorite park, but we still like it alot, we park hop and never spend a whole day at one park but during our trip we will make at least 2 visits to ak
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

We always go twice on 4 day Park Hopper tickets, 1/2 day each time. Mainly we hit our favorites and check out the animals if they're out.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

We spend 1.5-2 days at AK. This allows us time to hit our favorite rides multiple times, see the Lion King and Nemo shows, and walk the trails.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We don't even spend a full day at AK, let alone more than one.

We go one morning as soon as it opens, hit Everest, the Safari, and maybe one or two others and then skedaddle.

AK is our least favorite of the four WDW theme parks.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty View Post
    Love AK! I can easily spend several days there. I love going on KS multiple times. Each safari is different. I also love to spend time on the walking trails and visiting with the Okapis and tigers. Then there is seeing all the shows. It is hard to hit FOW, Nemo, FOTLK and the parade in one day. It can be done, but I feel rushed when we try to fit it all in. AK is two days at least for me!
    Ditto for us. AK has definitely become our favorite park (since our kids are older). We go on vacation to get away and relax - we find most of the AK very relaxing - with the safari, the walking trails, and the shows.

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

Animal Kingdom is normally a 1.5-2 day park for us also but then we spend 2 weeks in Disney/Orlando so we try to get everything in AK done and it takes us the two days. First day we start out a Kilomajaro Safari, we tend to go there again on the scond day but start out with a character breakfast.
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

We usualy go 1.5 to 2 days at AK. Its our third favorite with DHS being our least. I think prefrence is how you look at it. I see AK as more Zoo like thant attraction/ride theme park. So therefore we tend to take our time and soak in all of the finer details that goes in to the park. Also there are many hidden gems/animals if your willing to take your time...One of my favorites is the waterfall on Discovery Island.
    But if all you are interseted in is rides and thrills I could see doing only a half day there.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: