Quantcast Ellen's Energy Adventure at Epcot

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ellen's Energy Adventure at Epcot

I was wondering if this was something a lot of people go see and what your thoughts were on it? We will be visiting next Spring and when we went to WDW last October, we didn't see this. We will have 2 boys ages 10 & 19 so wondered what your thoughts were. Looks like it's about 45 minutes long and wondered if it would keep their attention?? Thanks in advance!!
    Melinda

Trips:

Offsite - June 1997
    WL - October 2008
    POFQ - April/May 2010

RPH - Universal - May 7th-11th 2014
    POFQ - Sept. 27-30, 2014 (just the two of us!)
    Royal Pacific Hotel - Universal - June 27th - July 1st, 2015
    POFQ - Sept 2017

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We've done this more than once and personally we like it. Ellen and Bill Nye are funny and the moving seats are fun. I think it is very entertaining and educational for your boys. My kids are 10 and 12 and asked to see it again after they saw it the first time. Plus, it is a nice dark, cool place to rest on a hot day.
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

If your going next spring and it's hot it could be a nice place to go and take a break and get out of the heat for awhile. It's about the big bang theory. It's cute but if you don't have the extra time I would skip it for soarin, test track, mission space, tutle talk Your children would perfer them it is very long.

Post Thanks / Like

We did this for the first time in December and I loved it. The only negatives I can say is that there are animated dinosaurs that could possibly scare little ones and the ride is 45 minutes long...that could be a plus if its hot and you want a nice air conditioned break though

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Don't skip it, it is very entertaining and very educational. Your kids just might learn something. If one of my children learn just one thing, it's worth it.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

We always ride it. Sure it is a little hokey, but still a nice way to burn time waiting for the fast pass window or to beat the heat.
    Polynesian & BLT October 2011!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a really really hard time paying attention to many things and i actually enjoyed this. the begining is a little slow, but it picks up. As stated many times it is nice to be off your feet for a little while and out of the heat.
    Next up CBR 10/31-11/8

Keep Moving Forward!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Our family agrees with the other posters - don't skip it. We all enjoy it (kids are 6 and 9). Our kids are very entertained and yours could even be more so since they are older.

My tip for this ride would be: potty before you go. It is a long ride and our DS (4 at the time) had to "go" shorty after we got on the ride. He made it through the whole ride and half the long run to the restrooms after but did not quite make it all the way to the restrooms. He ended up with a nice new pair of Mickey sweat pants after that ride
    But -You should not have this problem with older kids.
    Jennifer

9/2012 - AoA - happliy heading back
    10/2010 POP - more free dining :)
    9/2009 Pop - DH loves free dining
    9/2008 Pop - free dining
    9/2007 Pop-longest trip 9days free dining
    9/2006 Pop free dining
    12/2005 ASMovies first Holiday trip
    10/2004 POR
    9/2003 FWcabin 1st on property

Post Thanks / Like

I really like it. Unfortunately on our last trip we watched the intro movie, lined up to go in to the ride and then...nothing. The CM said that it had just broken down and we needed to check back later. We never got the chance. Bummer!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

My youngest is 17 and this is his favorite non-thrill ride attraction at Epcot. It is a great way to cool off for a while as others have mentioned, and your kids will definately learn something about energy.

Don't miss it!

Post Thanks / Like

Its a great show, yes its long, but its fun to try at least once. Is it a MUST SEE, no, but its a great break from the heat and entertaining
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I have mixed feelings about it, Ellen and Bill Nye are good, the dinosaurs are good, but I have fundamental issues with the Big Bang THEORY being told like it's factual.
    So depending on you, your family, and your beliefs it's your call. The A/C is awesome on hot days though.
    I just did not like having to get into those conversations with my young children and having them question what they have been taught in church and home while on vacation.

Luckily on the same day we went to the Candlelight Processional and that helped bring things back to where my wife and I want them.

Post Thanks / Like

We really like Ellen!

It is actually quite funny and entertaining, and DD (now 11) has always liked it, she's never complained about being bored or having to go see it.

It is long, so it is a great afternoon break, when the parks are hot and crowded. We don't miss it on our trips!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Don't skip it. It is very entertaining and most boys like big loud dinosaurs so you should be fine. Also they may learn a few things about energy and how it is made. As for the Big bang theory...there is nothing being told that they won't hear in science class at school or later in college.

Post Thanks / Like

Even though it has changed from its original form, its still a classic and you should never pass it up. Its the last one still standing in in EPCOT.

Jason
    Jason
    Returning guest since 1982
    1980s Poly x 5
    1990s Caribean Beach, Port NO, Coranado, AS Sports, Y & B Club x 10
    2000s POP AS SPORT, Music, Movies, CARIBEAN BEACH x 11
    Last Trip Nov 09
    NEXT TRIP Sept 11
    501st member since May 2007

SFTrny Guest

This is one of the GREATEST rides at EPCOT. Traditional Disney style. Mixed media, storyline, dark ride with animatronics. OH...and DINOSAURS! You can't beat that! You have to go on this ride. It is fantastic and unique!

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy the attraction but usually don't see it every trip. It is a great place to escape the heat and or rain especially those passing summer showers
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I recommend this ride around 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon just outside the ride only place at epcot that sells a really good ICE COFFEE and every time I go there I fall asleep 20min power nap....then wake up when seats start to move again over all excellent ride and is a classic.. but the coffee at the little booth is really good ... can't under stand why I fall asleep

First trip 1986 ...
    Not enough since then!

Post Thanks / Like

We really don't like Ellen! Sorry, I had to put that in there. We skipped it last time because it's so long we couldn't fit it in and also because...well, DH is not an Ellen fan. We'll do it again someday. Maybe. The dinosaurs are pretty cool.
    First trip: 1992 with sister, last trip 2018 with grandchild, not done yet!

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely think it's worth doing. We don't do it everytime, but if you haven't seen it and have time for it - go for it!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: