Quantcast Possible/Rumored Attractions and Refurbishments To Come

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Possible/Rumored Attractions and Refurbishments To Come

There are many threads out here regarding rumored attractions/shows coming to WDW. Intercot mods do a wonderful job with the refurbishment list. However, I thought it would be beneficial if we had 1 thread that listed the rumored attractions and shows projects that could be coming to WDW. Of course, some of these are really way out there, others, well, are in the pipeline waiting to be greenlit or for construction to start. I will present the list by theme parks. Also, mods, if you find this thread useful, can you make this a sticky so it is easy to find?
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom Projects:

Space Mountain (due to reopen November 22nd) - rumored to have new track, better projections, ride audio (not onboard audio), new gates, new launch tunnel, ceiling replaced making it darker, and a new interactive queue.

TTA (due to reopen September 1) - no noticable changes other then new lighting and a rumored new soundtrack

Skyway Building - being torn down. Could be used for possible Space Mountain queue.

Little Mermaid Ride - part of the Fantasyland makeover. Would be a clone of the ride coming to DCA. Not announced for MK yet. Expected announcement: September D23 convention.

Fantasyland Makeover: Not announced yet. Rumored plans include designated area for Cinderella, Belle, Auroura, and Little Mermaid. Be Our Guest restaurant with dinner show. Removal of Dumbo. Castle walls to expand creating a castle courtyard. Plans leaked online. Annoucement expected at D23.

Removal of Toontown: Due to the Fantasyland makeover/expansion. Plans leaked online. Annoucement expected at D23.

Retheme of Barnstormer - rumor at this point. Possible rethemed to Cheshire Cat. - rumor.

Jungle Cruise refurbishment - rumored for 2010 and to be very extensive - rumor.

RFID technology added to certain Fantasyland rides and queues - rumored.

Big Thunder Mountan Railroad refurbishment. - strictly rumor at this point.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Epcot

Epcot rumored projects:

Tequila bar opening in Mexican pavilion - I believe this is due to open soon.

Living With the Land Refurbishment - currenly closed. Pathway to be widened to accommidate brand new boats for the ride.

Spaceship Earth - completion of the descent. Waiting for Siemens to cough up their next sponsorship check.

Disney Nature film replacing Circle of Life - stictly rumor

Imagination refurb - strictly rumor

Soarin - new video, ride changed to Soarin Over the World - stricly rumor. People say announcement coming at D23. Have ot wait and see.

Three Caballeros AA's added to the end of Grand Fiesta Tour, replacing the animated concert footage. - rumor at this point.

Donald Duck meet and greet in Mexico - Will be happening, no date though. Expect this to be well themed like Snow White's M&G in Germany.

Possible new World Showcase Pavilion or new E-ticket to existing pavilion - stictly rumor.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney's Hollywood Studios

DHS project list:

Star Tours 2.0 - Will be happening. Announcement due to come at D23.

Backlot Tour removal - at this point, rumor. But, very plausible and more than likely, BLT's days are numbered. Pixar Place will expand to this area. Carsland will not however.

Great Movie Ride refurbishment - rumor

Toy Story Mania season/holiday overlays - very possible and easy enough to do. Possible start - 2010 holiday season.

Monsters Inc Roller Coaster - prep work done on the the building. However, the project has been cut at this point.

Rock N Roller Coaster theme change - rumor. Don't expect Aerosmith to be leaving any time soon, not for Hannah Montana or Jonas Brothers anyway,

Post Thanks / Like

Default Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom list:

Yeti returning to A mode - testing is being done on the yeti to bring him up to a new, less stressful A mode. Yeti continues to operate in B mode with a possible chance of seeing him in testing phase.

Up characters Kevin and Dug to be added to Flights of Wonder show - rumor

Beastly Kingdomme/Mysterious Island new land added to Animal Kingdom - Beastly Kingdomme, in the form that we all know it, is dead. Mysterious Island from DisneySea, along with the major e-ticket ride Journey to the Center of the Earth is the new rumored land to take over for Camp Mickey Minne. Festival of the Lion King would be relocated to Africa somewhere. This is stricly rumor and probably online fanboy wishes. So, mark this down as HUGE RUIMOR.

Nothing significant coming to DAK while Joe Rhode works on the Hawaiian DVC resort.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pleasure Island

Pleasure Island rumors:

Mannequins/Adventurer's Club/8 Trx/BET buildings to be knocked down - rumor

A lighthouse to be built on the waterfront, including a fast food hamburger joiunt counter service restaurant in the base - rumor

McDonald's closing up shop - rumor

AMC Theaters to add IMAX - rumor. I believe this has now been taken off the table.

ESPN Zone replacing Virgin Megastore - rumor. Other restaurants are rumored for this area as well, mostly owned by Landry's.

Starabillia - closed shop. No replacement yet. Rumor is Harley Davidson store moving to that location.
    Last edited by GothMickey; 08-21-2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: changed Motion to Mannequins, added BET

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    Space Mountain (due to reopen November 22nd) - rumored to have new track, better projections, ride audio (not onboard audio), new gates, new launch tunnel, ceiling replaced making it darker, and a new interactive queue.
    Is this stuff really still a rumor? You'd think with the reopening just 3 months away we would have some confirmation on some of this stuff.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Is this stuff really still a rumor? You'd think with the reopening just 3 months away we would have some confirmation on some of this stuff.
    Marked as a rumor cause, well, we really just don't know what Space Mountain is really getting. This is one project that nothing official has been released. Which leads me to think nothing major is being done. But, who knows? And remember, we also said no new cars were being added, yet, some people have recently seen new cars being transported into the building. It is possible these cars were the old ones refurbished. So, I guess we'll have to wait until the ride opens. I am prepared to be underwhelmed though.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great sticky idea !

I hope the moderators keep it !
    -------------
    Numerous day trips to DLRP
    2007 DW - POP, AK, POFQ
    2007 DLRP - Halloween at DLRP, Newport Bay Club Hotel
    2008 : Universal And POR WDW
    2009 : Disneyland Anaheim Off Site
    2010 : Florida, Wilderness Lodge and DCL : 04/22 - 05/06

disneyphilip Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    Magic Kingdom Projects:

TTA (due to reopen September 1) - no noticable changes other then new lighting and a rumored new soundtrack

Skyway Building - being torn down. Could be used for possible Space Mountain queue.

Little Mermaid Ride - part of the Fantasyland makeover. Would be a clone of the ride coming to DCA. Not announced for MK yet. Expected announcement: September D23 convention.

Fantasyland Makeover: Not announced yet. Rumored plans include designated area for Cinderella, Belle, Auroura, and Little Mermaid. Be Our Guest restaurant with dinner show. Removal of Dumbo. Castle walls to expand creating a castle courtyard. Plans leaked online. Annoucement expected at D23.

Removal of Toontown: Due to the Fantasyland makeover/expansion. Plans leaked online. Annoucement expected at D23.

Retheme of Barnstormer - rumor at this point. Possible rethemed to Cheshire Cat. - rumor.

Jungle Cruise refurbishment - rumored for 2010 and to be very extensive - rumor.

RFID technology added to certain Fantasyland rides and queues - rumored.

Big Thunder Mountan Railroad refurbishment. - strictly rumor at this point.
    Here's another one to add to this MK rumor list:

The return of the Country Bear Christmas Show--it has been said that this version of the show is expected to resume its annual seasonal showings following the major rehab that was done at CBJ this past Fall.

Maybe a thread similar to this should be created for the "Disney Characters" section, just to post character/entertainment-related rumors and stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyphilip View Post
    Here's another one to add to this MK rumor list:

The return of the Country Bear Christmas Show--it has been said that this version of the show is expected to resume its annual seasonal showings following the major rehab that was done at CBJ this past Fall.

Maybe a thread similar to this should be created for the "Disney Characters" section, just to post character/entertainment-related rumors and stuff.
    Haven't heard this one, but thanks for it. Since we cannot edit our posts after a certain time, I cannot add this to the list. I''ll look into starting a post on the characters thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyphilip View Post
    I believe this was just a Disney excuse to shut fans up when they said they didn't have the funds to do the change over to the Christmas Show. It was stated they could do the show or the refurb not both but that was almost 3 years ago Of course the other rumour which I believe to be true is that WDW Park management didn't want to spend the money to renew the licensing agreements for the songs in the Christmas Show. The 2nd rumour sounds more like the Disney we all know and love
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

disneyphilip Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I believe this was just a Disney excuse to shut fans up when they said they didn't have the funds to do the change over to the Christmas Show. It was stated they could do the show or the refurb not both but that was almost 3 years ago Of course the other rumour which I believe to be true is that WDW Park management didn't want to spend the money to renew the licensing agreements for the songs in the Christmas Show. The 2nd rumour sounds more like the Disney we all know and love
    No need to be overly negative.

Post Thanks / Like

I always believed the Christmas overlay stopped because they didn't want to spend the money... How long did it take to switch over to the christmas overlay???

By the way, thanks for the list Goth!!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I always believed the Christmas overlay stopped because they didn't want to spend the money... How long did it take to switch over to the christmas overlay???
    It usually took them about 2 weeks to switch over.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

It usually took them about 2 weeks to switch over.
    Well, they don't want to "ruin" all those once is a lifetime vacations in order to give the guests something that is fantastic (holiday overlay of Haunted Mansion comes to mind)...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Great lists! Thank you Goth!

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard that they Are Eventually going to add Cars Land to DHS. They're suppose to demolish some backlot production buildings to make room for it. Also, I believe that the Monster's Inc. coaster has just been postponed. It may be ready by 2013, when the sequel film is due out. (Speculation).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    Great lists! Thank you Goth!
    No problem at all. Great thing about these boards is we an discuss rumors without tempers boiling over like other places. Just remember though, that list isn't all confirmed, and a lot of speculation. Hopefully most come true though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Supercali View Post
    I've heard that they Are Eventually going to add Cars Land to DHS. They're suppose to demolish some backlot production buildings to make room for it. Also, I believe that the Monster's Inc. coaster has just been postponed. It may be ready by 2013, when the sequel film is due out. (Speculation).
    There are several "insiders" and I use that term in quotes for a reason, that say Carsland will be DCA exclusive. I have no doubt in my mind some sort of Cars attraction will make its way to Pixar Place, but not Carsland. And Monster's Inc. is dead in the water as of now, which is sad. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me that it was only postpone until the sequel is due in the theaters. So again, let's hope it is only postponed.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: