Quantcast Which Resort "Feels the Most Disney" to You - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    lockedoutlogic Guest

Actually...if you are being literal...then All Star Movies is really the only locations that qualifies as "most disney"

...if you are being honest

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    Actually...if you are being literal...then All Star Movies is really the only locations that qualifies as "most disney"

...if you are being honest
    Feelings are rather nebulous things and the ways of the heart are indeed a mystery. Perhaps I am am the victim of some sort of CR induced self-deception...or perhaps to me "feeling disney" honestly means more than being surrounded by giant fiberglass icons (no slam on the values, we have stayed at all of them and enjoyed our time there.)"
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another for CR

It has to be the CR for me too. My family went to Disney once in the 70's staying offsite. I remember watching the monorail go through the CR and said to myself "When I am grown and have a famliy we are coming to Disney and staying at the CR." and we did.
    1 Visit offsite mid 70's
    2004 Contemporary
    2005-2009 Polynesian Concierge 6 visits
    20/12 Disney Fantasy
    2013 Disney Dream
    2014 Disney Magic
    2016 Disney Dream
    2017 Disney Dream (2)
    2017 Christmas & New Years Contemporary Concierge

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mousemates View Post
    Feelings are rather nebulous things and the ways of the heart are indeed a mystery. Perhaps I am am the victim of some sort of CR induced self-deception...or perhaps to me "feeling disney" honestly means more than being surrounded by giant fiberglass icons (no slam on the values, we have stayed at all of them and enjoyed our time there.)"
    all the other locations...other than all stars and pop and contemporary...are based on other buildings from different locations or eras...

so in order for something to be "disney"...can it be based on the Hotel del Coronado or the Old Faithful Inn?

just asking

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    all the other locations...other than all stars and pop and contemporary...are based on other buildings from different locations or eras...

so in order for something to be "disney"...can it be based on the Hotel del Coronado or the Old Faithful Inn?

just asking
    sure it can..for example, its obvious that the musical group The Black Crowes were deeply influenced by both Led Zepplin and the Rolling Stones...sometimes so much you can plainly hear it in the music. However, that didn't make their music "less Black Crowes-ian."

Or how about something as simple as a song...take Jimi Hendrix's cover of Bob Dylan's "All along the watchtower"...yes it was Dylans song...but musically his version was all Hendrix.

In a like manner Disney's imagineers are often influenced by or "cover" the material of others...but by the time they get done with it (more often than not) to me it is pure disney.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousemates View Post
    To me (as odd as it might sound to some , given its kind of stark interior/exterior) its the contemporary...probably because of the monorail going through it and it being where I spent my first night at WDW....just wondering which resort made others feel the most "in disney" out of all the WDW resorts.
    This is also my favorite as it was the first resort that I stayed at back in '77. The monorail was the coolest and my brother and I loved riding it.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Pop

POP is very Disney.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

Port Orleans for me. When I was younger I can always remember wearing a mickey hat and making my way to the food court in the morning so excited about going into the parks!
    Disney World
    My home away from home

Last Trip: ESPN Weekend 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We love POFQ. It is not the first resort that we
    stayed in but we have stayed there for quite
    awhile now and love it. When we get there we
    feel so much at home. It is great.
    BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
    NOVEMBER. Is it November yet?
    Really only 71 more days. We are counting down.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say ASM! Something about being surronded by huge Buzz lightyear and woody and toys! LOL
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

If by "Disney" you mean the animated films that Walt Disney Co. is famous for, then it has to be Pop Century for me, or the All-Stars resorts.

But others may describe that "Disney" feel as that which you get from experiencing the "magic" of being out of the real work and into the world of WDW (or DisneyLand) which would be different for different people. I feel the magic of that "Disney" equally whether I'm in a value, or Wilderness Lodge or even at Fort Wilderness campground.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

I think every resort has that "Disney" feel to it, but I really feel like I'm in Disney when I'm at the BW.

It's the resort we've stayed at the most and it just feels like Disney home to me. I can't really explain it in words
    Jason aka EpcotFan182
    DVC Member
    "If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It"

Coronado Springs: '99
    Boardwalk Villas: '02, '04, '06, '15
    Grand Floridian: '03
    Villas @ Wilderness Lodge: '05, '07
    Bay Lake Tower: '10, '13
    Polynesian: '11
    Villas @ Grand Floridian: '14, '16

Post Thanks / Like

I think because I grew up in the 60s and 70s that I equate Disney with Walt Disney and the "Wonderful World of Disney" program we couldn't miss every Sunday! So from that perspective, it's a tie between Contemporary and Poly for me.
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

All Star Movies and Pop Century feel the most "Disney" to me, but Poly and CBR feel more like vacation. Poly is a combo of both Disney and vacation as I have many memories of vacations at Poly.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

I will say Wilderness Lodge and AKL. They both have an "Away from the real world" feel for me. There are others but those are my top two.
    Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!

Post Thanks / Like

if we are talking about the disney we all waited for on sunday nights in the 70's and before,then it would definitly be ASM,but if we are talking about that feeling we get when we think of our vacations and the magic that pulls us there every year (something like giving birth,it hurts but we forget and do it again because it is so rewarding) (the mom's will understand) it would be any of the resorts that are able to sweep us away to a different theme,just like the movies or a good book,lion king-AKL, lilo&stitch-POLY,mickey-CR ect...
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

The Poly is the first thing I think of when I think about the Walt Disney World resort. It brings back so many wonderful memories of my childhood. To this day there is no where on earth I would rather be. I just wish they would bring back those old sea green and blue tile floors in the Great Ceremonial House!
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

The Value resorts definitely have the most "Disney" art/decor. And our first stay was @ the "Golf Resort". (anyone remember that?). And when we first came to WDW, there was only the Poly, CR, and the GR. So, they all have that certain original Disney feeling. But now, for us, our Disney home is the WL. When those front doors silently slide open for us, and that gentle WL breeze and soothing music surround us and guide us into the lobby, and we stop and take in the magnificence of the northwest, we know we are truly @ Disney!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL