Quantcast What are your favoritie things/memories about MainStreet? - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

I love seeing the CM that are carring the huge bunches of balloons. It reminds me of the first time I saw main street, and I still love the first site of the castle everytime. This time my DS2 will be seeing the castle for the first time, gotta make sure I have my camera ready for that expression.
    1986 Off Site
    1994 Off Site
    2001 Off Site
    2004 Off Site
    2008 Pop Century
    2011 Off Site MNSSHP

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Watching Wishes with a Casey's corner hot dog.
    That's probably my favorite WDW experience. Pure Disney "Magic" (the fireworks, not the hot dog).
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Seeing my 6'3 DH carrying our 2 1/2 yo DD on his shoulders dressed as Tinkerbelle(her, not him), with the Castle in the background at dusk. Great photo op too!

Post Thanks / Like

I loved the way the Emporium windows had minature animatronic fiqures for whichever Disney movie was coming out at the time. I can remember being completely enthralled for the ones for The Black Hole.

I have to say I really enjoyed the old arcade and Magic shop as well.
    Feb '19 Aulani
    Aug '18 Pop Century
    Feb '18 Disneyland
    Dec '16 Yacht & Beach Club
    Oct '13 Carribbean Beach
    Dec '10 AK Kidani Village
    Dec '09 Port Orleans FQ
    Dec '08 Polynesian
    Dec '05 Pop Century

Dec '02 AS Sports
    '73- '92 numerous off site

'71 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

1.we were at MK christmas day 2006 if anyone was there you rmember the torentail downpour on the parade and Jingle bells was sped up and mickey was all like OMG ITS RAINING GET ME INSIDE!
    2. 2004 we were there for new years and my mom my dad and I were sitting on the porch steps of Tonys and they had paseed out mickey top hats and noise makers! As soon as the bell rang the lights dimed and the fireworks started it was amazing!
    Ohanna means family, no one gets left behind or forgotten

Post Thanks / Like

1. the old penny arcade--how cool was that?!?!
    2. the balloons, the photographers, the smell of cotton candy and popcorn
    3. the feeling that you have arrived!!!!!
    "My name is Incrediboy"--Syndrome

Visited the "World" 26 times in my 41 years including 10 times the last 6 years!!!
    Next visit: Summer 2012

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the informal character meet and greets that happen in the plaza/town square just past the train station. When I was younger, you encountered characters at random. There are lots of good things to say about knowing where and when you can be guaranteed to meet your (or your child's) favorite character. But it is really fun to "run into" characters, especially the "rare" ones who dont have a time and place or whom you dont see everyday. On one trip, my youngest son SO wanted to meet Robin Hood (we were watching that one constantly before the trip). I told him that Mickey and I would try our best, but Id be surprised if we can into Robin (as he was busy tricking the King and Sheriff back home). On our last day, on the way out of the MK, there was a large group of rarely seen characters on Main St. We have some of the very BEST of our millions of Disney pictures of a very happy boy and an even happier daddy posing and playing with Robin. Pure Disney Magic
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Like so many other people have said, there are so many memories. Most of all just the sense of being where you want to be, of stepping into the magic. Some specific memories are

1. the smell from the bakery, which makes me think of the fact that no one makes a chocolate croissant quite as good as their's
    2. watching my then DH get a haircut from the Barber Shop. He'd been talking about doing it for months and was so excited for it.
    3. watching the expression on the face of an old family friend when she saw the castle for the first time when we were in our 20s.
    4. watching my parent's faces this past trip which was their first in 11 years as they realized that Disney World could still be a place of magic without little children.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

One thing I really enjoy doing is standing on the corner, just past Town Square, first thing in the morning & watch everyone's reaction when they turn the corner & see Cinderella Castle. Seems like everyone has a huge smile, and you can always tell the first-timers! They usually go a little crazy!
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: