Quantcast Moms Panel accepting applications - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KylesMom View Post
    Did anyone else notice that when you logged in, it didn't identify you? I submitted, but it didn't show me as logged in, and I haven't gotten a confirming e-mail as in years past . . .
    I thought it was just me and that I'd logged into the wrong account. But I have yet to receive an email confirmation as well. Hmmm...

ºOºprprincessºOº

WDW-75, 79, 89, 91, 98, 04: Offsite; 01: ASMs & CSR; 02: Dolphin; 03: GF & POR; 06: POFQ & BC; 08: WL; 09: CBR
    DL--97-98: AP Holder

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I received my confirmation almost immediately as well. Thing is, when I signed in, it still didn't say hello Jennifer.

check your junk mail!!!

I'm trying not to think about it but, i can't help thinking about it.

I don't remember reading it but, how many panelists are they looking for this year? I know they increased the number from 12 to 16 last year.

If they had picked 16 the first year, I would have been a panelist!!!!! Instead, I was just a runner up!

LottaLubes - Do you get to stay on the panel or is it like Ms USA where you have to give up your crown?
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer_and_Chris View Post
    check your junk mail!!!
    Checked, and nope, nada.

I did try to re-apply, and it does say that I've already applied--I just hope that they got my application!

ºOºprprincessºOº

WDW-75, 79, 89, 91, 98, 04: Offsite; 01: ASMs & CSR; 02: Dolphin; 03: GF & POR; 06: POFQ & BC; 08: WL; 09: CBR
    DL--97-98: AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah! I had internet and was able to post. 300 words is just not enough to adequately talk about WDW!!

Post Thanks / Like

My internet was really slow, so I hit submit again. I ended up getting two confirmations. I hope that doubles my chances
    Knowing my luck it will eliminate me. I applied the first time, but missed the second one. Best of luck to all and let's hope the intercotees have a good showing

Post Thanks / Like

I was really happy with all my responses, then I hit submit. Then they said I was over word limit by 18 in my expertise section. I was not. I was at 99 words. Not 118. How annoying. I tried everything over and over, and finally I reduced my answer....oh well. Hope it flys.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

I know that the email said that they would not contact you if you didn't make it but does anyone know when the decision will be made? I know that most likely I won't be chosen but I would like to know when the others will be...
    Amy
    80 Camping ºoº
    89 Offsite ºoº
    05 ASM ºoº
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone! Just wanted to pop in and wish you all the best of luck. I know this is an exciting time and I enjoy reading all your posts (although I will admit it is much less stressful from the other side)!

Good luck! Diane L
    Proud mom to Monorail_Red and goofhook and DD Jenn!
    Proud member of the magical Disney Parks Moms Panel family.

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.

Post Thanks / Like

Jennifer, to answer your question -- they're picking 10 people this time around. Out of 20,000.... yikes.

I spent a couple hours thinking about and writing my responses. 100 words is so little! But I'm happy with what I wrote. Now for the wait. I'm going to try and put it out of my mind for the next couple of weeks. I heard it took about a month to hear about the first round winners last time, am I right?

Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Put in my application! How quickly do you find out if you've made it to the next round? How many rounds are there?

Post Thanks / Like

Got my application in, it's my first! It didn't take me too long. I tried to give responses that were the first to come to mind. I think I used all 100 words in at least 2 sections, 99 in the 3rd. I could have easily written more!

Best of luck to everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Sent mine in this morning, after being up all night working... REALLY hoping I said the right things and came across the way I hoped to!!

Realized this afternoon after I got up that in the first essay, the one all about you and your family, I told them everything EXCEPT where we're from!! HOW did I miss that one?? (Oh yeah, being up all night... ) Probably doesn't matter all that much, as your location doesn't really tell them that much about who you are... but still! Silly thing to miss...

Good luck to everyone... and is anyone else wondering why they dropped the number of panelists they're looking for so low?? That's too bad...
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I did it, I can't believe it. I have wanted to apply for the past couple of years, but just never did for various reasons. Now, all that is left is waiting. Good luck everyone.
    Rhonda

Trips to WDW: Priceless

Impossible is not a word.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Realized this afternoon after I got up that in the first essay, the one all about you and your family, I told them everything EXCEPT where we're from!!
    LOL because I did the same exact thing. But I hope you're right and that it shouldn't really matter.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Submitted mine this morning! I had to go to my mom's to use her computer because mine was acting up at the time but got it done. Just out of curiousity, what did the second round entail, for those who made it through?
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I applied this year for the 3rd time, I figure besides having a slim chance at the panel - I have to keep my Mickey Mom's Club credentials up - my car magnet is looking a little frumpy, LOL!

Best wishes to everyone entering this year!!!
    Journey into your...Lego® Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

Both my wife and I sent in applications this year. Good luck to everyone!
    Never underestimate the power of pixie dust!!

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot about doing this yesterday. Thank goodness I saw it this morning. I applied at 5:45 a.m. and got a confirmation right away. I was afraid they would already be full by the time I got to it. I always have a problem knowing what to say in 100 words or less. I think the last question was the hardest. Looks like they might be looking for someone with blogging, foreign language, journalism, etc. experience.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm -- I didn't put where I was from on mine, either.....never even thought about it. Although, with only 100 words to use, I kinda doubt I would have used up a word to say "Ohio" -- LOL
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

I applied this morning. I thought about saying where I was from, I figured I wouldn't waste the words on it. They have that info from your account anyway.

I think the website said they will be emailing the finalists the week of November 10th? Or maybe it was the week of November 1st? Definitely in early November. I know we'll all be on pins and needles. Good luck everyone!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: