Quantcast Thoughts and experiences at Boma

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thoughts and experiences at Boma

Every time we go to WDW our family always goes to the same restaurants and this year we'd like to try something new. My family is myself, hubby (meat and potatoes guy) 16 yr. (loves chicken pasta and some seafood) and a 3 yr. old. If we try this dinner buffet will it please everyone? I would also like to see the holiday decorations since we are going in December!
    Off-site - 1984, 1988 (2)
    Disneyland - 1993
    All Star Movies - 1999
    All Star Music - 2002
    Polynesian - 2006
    Coronado Springs - 2007
    Port Orleans Riverside - 2008
    Caribbean Beach - 2009
    Pop Century- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    Disney Dream - 2013
    Yacht Club 2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you will all enjoy yourselves there. There are options galore and the desserts are GREAT.
    Enjoy yourselves. I know I will be in 24 days when we will be eating at Bomas.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I always eat at the Boma at least once whenever we are in Orlando. I think that your family's individual tastes would be covered with the selection they have at the Boma. I highly recommend going there if you all want something different than you normally get at WDW. Enjoy!!
    "When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

"There's no rest on planetary duty." -Paul Watson

You'll Never Walk Alone - Justice For The 96!!!

Post Thanks / Like

If my father in law can leave happy then anyone can, he is a totally picky eater!

There are a lot of interesting seafood dishes, as well as mac and cheese and prime rib for the less adventurous. Really something for everyone -- the only downside to Bomas is a lack of really interesting desserts. But it is a wonderful place to eat!
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

to all of the above.

We've eaten there many times. I'm something of a picky eater, but I've always found plenty of choices that suited my taste. I would suggest that you encourage the whole group to try some of the more unusual African dishes; they might be surprised. And if they don't like something, it's a buffet - - go try something else!
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter's a picky eater and this is her new WDW favorite restaurant. There's so much to try, great soups, meats, fish, veggies, starches, new and different things, some familiar things (a station of foods like mac n cheese, spaghetti, chicken fingers) and some fantastic desserts. I think you'll find something for everyone. We really enjoyed it and plan to go back.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We were there for breakfast and liked it alot. The juice punch that everyone seems to love not us
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

We had dinner here once and no one liked it at all. It was myself, my mother and my two kids. While my kids are very picky eaters my mom and I are not. We both love trying new foods, but our meal at Boma was the worst meal we've ever had at WDW. My DH wants to try it one day (he wasn't with us on that trip) so I'll give it another try one day.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

save room for desserts but that can be hard. My family is not too adventuresome other than myself when it comes to food but everyone found plenty to eat. My FIL now tells me like 5 years after the fact that he didn't like it because of the various spices...spaghetti is too spiced for him too so I'm not totally surprised. Looking forward to take my sister & her family and my parents & other sister here for the 1st time when we go in Dec.
    5/97-offsite 2/99-AS Sports 12/99-AS Movies 12/01-AS Sports 4/03-Disneyland 12/04-Port Orleans Riverside 5/05-Beach Club 12/06-AS Movies 10 yr anniversary 12/09-AS Movies-1st trip for our Princess 11/13-Port Orleans Riverside 9/14-AS Music - Night of Joy 2/16 - Caribbean Beach - senior trip

Post Thanks / Like

It's very good, and they have a good mixture of both "traditional" food that most picky eaters will enjoy, as well as some nice authentic African-inspired dishes. We have enjoyed our meals there.

In addition to Boma, you can get the yummy African stew served in a bread bowl in the counter service restaurant next door; same price as a roasted chicken and worth almost twice the price in my opinion!
    Mike in KC

DVC Members since 5/01 (VB) & added SSR (8/04).

Been to WDW ~20 times. First DCL cruise in 2/08 (Western)

Recent Trips:
    SSR Treehouse Villas & DCL Wonder 3/10
    BLT/Florida Keys/AKLV 7/11

Upcoming trips:
    VB & VWL 7/12
    OKW 12/12 - 1/13
    VB/DCL Fantasy Eastern/AKLV 6/13

Post Thanks / Like

1st trip- We went to Boma and I was very excited and I tried everything. It was a good time and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The fufu was wonderful and the desserts were some of the best on property.
    2nd trip- We returned, expecting the same kind of experience and I found that I don't think I like their food. On top of that, we waited a long time for our table, and one parent was constantly in the long line for meat. We didnt get to visit at all, during our meal, and this was in september, a low season.

As far as the taste of things goes, I think it is comparable to eating at texas roadhouse in the terms in which everything seems to be doused with the same seasonings, so if you don't like it, then you will be kicked to the kids buffet and the salad bar.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boma

Boma is good, especially the first time you go there.

It's a buffet with enough familiar things that it's easy for everyone to get fed.

Getting to BOMA is a considerable journey compared to going to one of the monorail resorts but if you haven't visited the Animal Kingdom lodge that can be another reason to make a reservation at Boma.

Post Thanks / Like

My entire family loves Boma. We've been with some very picky eaters, but because it is a buffet there's plenty of selection for everyone. I love it because you can sample a little of everything which makes it fun to try new dishes with no commitment. I'd definitely recommend you try it once.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I do love buffets and I would go back again in the far future, just to relive it and get a 3rd opinion for myself. I do hear breakfast is excellent there and the frunch is great! I have yet to have tried that and I would love to have the zebra domes again!! I just haven't gotten brave enough yet.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

We all really enjoy Boma -- it's a nice break from the mundane North American fare at the other buffets -- but it still has some of those basics available for the less adventurous eater (DS5 in our case).

The carvery is spectacular, and the soups and salads are really really lovely. We also enjoy the wines available. It's a lovely way to end a visit to the AKL and a wander about the property.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

We love Boma, and since our upcoming honeymoon is booked at the AKL, we decided to try out their breakfast as well! I can only hope the dinner still has the carrot soup - I ate a few bowls of that alone! Its a great meal though - enjoy!
    Jan. 99 AllStar Music ;Jun 01 AllStar Sports; Jul 2003 Dolphin;May. 04 -AllStar Movies, Jan 07 Wilderness Lodge; Jun 2007 Pop Century; Jan 2008 Port Orleans Riverside; Aug 08 Pop Century; Jun 09 Saratoga Springs, Aug 09 Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 10 Boardwalk; Oct 10 Saratoga Springs

Post Thanks / Like

Your in for a treat. It's my only must eat restaurant each and every time I go. Perfect for the picky eater as there is such a huge selection. Have a wonderful time.
    Doug
    38 Trips to Disney World.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Boma is absolutely our family's favorite. We eat there whenever possible. And not only are the food and service terrific, they have slight changes in the menu each night that make it interesting each time we go back. Be sure to try the soups, most of which are outstanding.

And if you have a chance to visit AKL over the holidays, you will love seeing the resort all decorated. By all means, go to AKL and enjoy the Boma experience. You won't be sorry. You probably will want to make sure you have an ADR, if possible. It is a VERY popular place and can be difficult to get into some nights. I hope it works out for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinksDH View Post
    It's very good, and they have a good mixture of both "traditional" food that most picky eaters will enjoy, as well as some nice authentic African-inspired dishes. We have enjoyed our meals there.

In addition to Boma, you can get the yummy African stew served in a bread bowl in the counter service restaurant next door; same price as a roasted chicken and worth almost twice the price in my opinion!
    The African stew in a bread bowl is to DIE for!!! So yummy yummy yummy!
    ~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: