Quantcast What is the earliest you have left a park??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is the earliest you have left a park??

I saw another thread that was interesting on how late have you stayed in the parks. It got me to thinking about a trip a few years ago right as the happiest celebration on earth began we were there for the kick off days. The first few days of our trip were great the crowds were very manageable. But once the celebration began it was a madhouse!! We were there for 10 days. Well on the last day my wife and I pulled up to the MK looked at each other and said (to my everlasting shame) "Do you really want to go in there today??" We figured by our tenth day our ticket wasn't costing us that much so we opted to go to the beach. I can't believe I turned away from a day at MK!!!

Anyone else have any stories of how they just got to the parks then just left??

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the earliest we have ever left a park is late afternoon. We don't travel to the World during peak times so for the most part our trips are manageable.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I left a park after one ride one time. I was going home that day, and the ride I wanted to go on had been under construction and was opening the day I was leaving. I believe I was out of there by 9:20 AM!!

Post Thanks / Like

The earliest I left a park was 8:45 AM it was the Studios. I arrived at 8 AM rode RNRC & ToT grabbed a coffee from Starring Rolls and headed some place else.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

We left the AK around noon one day. It was so hot I couldn't stand it anymore. We went back to the Dolphin and went in the pool. And we were still sweating!
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

On super hot days we have left as early as 1pm to head back to the room for lunch, a nap and swim...but we always come back in the evening and stay super late.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

At 10:20 a.m., we left DHS after riding Toy Story Mania twice, Rock n Roller Coaster twice, and Tower of Terror twice during a morning EMH. We headed over to Epcot.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I detest more than getting to the parks late is leaving the parks early. But with kids, things are different. Last year, I went to Epcot after our long flight to get some food. And then it happened...we left BEFORE Illuminations! Terrible, I know. But I didn't want to fight the crowds after the fireworks. I figured we got to the room an hour faster and the kids got to bed faster. That got them ready to hit the MK the next day. Sacrifices.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

We have a timeshare in Tampa and on our yearly trip in sometimes my dad had booked a flight into Orlando so that we could make a stop at MK for the day. Well after being an avid WDW visitor going for just a day is not as appealing to me.

My Best Friend and I got to the park at 9:00 and left by 1:00...we were just not feeling it that day...

I can't believe that happened!!
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

On occasion I've been to all 4 parks in one day by 11am. Usually to grab a park exclusive pin or something and leave. I would say, 1/2 hour after opening on the first one and I was out.

Post Thanks / Like

The earliest was probably around 11 or 12 but we hardly ever go to the parks early. The shortest amount of time we spent in a park was a really hot June day - we walked up Main Street, saw all the people then turned around and left. Another time we went to MGM, had an ice cream sitting on bench near TOT and then left.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

AK by 11 am when it first opened and there were very few attractions
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    The only thing I detest more than getting to the parks late is leaving the parks early. But with kids, things are different. Last year, I went to Epcot after our long flight to get some food. And then it happened...we left BEFORE Illuminations! Terrible, I know. But I didn't want to fight the crowds after the fireworks. I figured we got to the room an hour faster and the kids got to bed faster. That got them ready to hit the MK the next day. Sacrifices.
    funny how kids do that to you, i know how you feel, now that my kids are getting a little older we never leave a park really early unless its to hop to another park
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

On a trip several years ago we had an early afternoon flight so DW and I went to MK to ride Space MT one last time. As we neared the end of the queue and were only about 2-3 groups from loading something went wrong with the system. They ended up turning on all the lights inside SM. We waited and waited as the cm's said it should be up and running at anytime. Eventually we started thinking about leaving because we did have a plane to catch. Thank goodness the lights went back off and the ride started up again. It was cool inside of SM with all the lights on. As soon as we got off we made a bee line for the hotel to grab our stuff and get to the airport. We made it, but vowed not to take chances like this again.

Post Thanks / Like

Was staying at the Yacht club once and really wanted to go Soaring. I got up early, left my wife and daughter sleeping in the room, got into Epcot on an early admission day, ran to Soaring and rode it, ran back to the hotel and back to bed.

Post Thanks / Like

4 pm... I had gotten from eating at the Catina San Angel and we went back so that I could try to rest before heading to MNSSHP (which we stayed at from 7-close). Even though I was sick for the next 2 days I still stayed at the park until it closed. I felt like I paid for this vacation and I was going to be at the parks even if it meant I'd visit every bathroom in the MK and Epcot.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

We left at about 10 a.m. from the MK during our 2007 trip. There weren't any problems. We were leaving that day and needed to be on the road by Noon. We had ADRs for breakfast at CP, so we took some pictures of the castle with Main Street empty, enjoyed our meal, shopped at the Emporium for some last minute souveniers and then left. It was worth the extra $2 to get a 7-day pass, rather than a 6-day pass.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

5am...after working grad night. Technically that is early by that point and not late!!
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

The first time I visited WDW on the first day we were there I went to the MK and we were out of there by 8pm because my feet were so achy that I couldnt walk no more since I was up since 4am the night before running around in the airports.
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

We got to Hollywood Studios about 10 a.m. one day. We waited 40 minutes for The Great Movie Rode, the place was mobbed and we got the heck out of Dodge after about an hour. It was the worst day we've spent in any of the parks,

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: