Quantcast How 'bout dem Yankees?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How 'bout dem Yankees?

On a tear since the Allstar break, and in first.

Man...if they manage to get to the Series and win it, all I'd need is the Dolphins in the Super Bowl to complete my fandom trifecta!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

(I'm okay with the Pens and the Phins well they are harmless)

Wait till September and we will see how the pitching staff is doing.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

You're a disaster of a sports fan.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    You're a disaster of a sports fan.
    Yea...I am.

So far this year I haven't had to come up with any lame excuses as to why my teams are failures.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post

(I'm okay with the Pens and the Phins well they are harmless)
    Yea...the Pens are harmless. Darn Cup winners.

Wait till September and we will see how the pitching staff is doing.
    Didn't say anything about September. Said they're on a tear NOW.

And your team is??? Lemme guess...Boston?

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Yea...I am.

So far this year I haven't had to come up with any lame excuses as to why my teams are failures.
    Of course not! I could say that same thing if I just randomly picked teams and rooted for them.

Especially front runner teams like the Yankess!
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Yea...I am.

Check out the Phillies in the standings. No need for us to have excuses, especially as they are the defending World Series champion.

Of course not! I could say that same thing if I just randomly picked teams and rooted for them.

Yep, though as you do live in NY state, I can understand the Yankees. Pens and Dolphins, I have no idea why you hitched your wagon to them, unless you were raised in both cities (why I am a Bucs fan).
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Yea...that's me, the frontrunner picker.

Let me scan that photo of me at Yankee Stadium with my dad in 1968. Been holding on to them front runners even through the 70's when they stunk. I KNEW they'd be great sooner or later!!!

And yea...those front runner Pens. Silly me, I just KNEW when they stunk through the end of the 90's and almost went bankrupt that they would eventually win again! Call me Kreskin!

And holy heck!!! Those frontrunning Dolphins! Cause you know, they've been piling up super bowl wins since 1972!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Check out the Phillies in the standings. No need for us to have excuses, especially as they are the defending World Series champion.
    Wasn't talking to you bro...you weren't the one running your mouth.

Yep, though as you do live in NY state, I can understand the Yankees. Pens and Dolphins, I have no idea why you hitched your wagon to them, unless you were raised in both cities (why I am a Bucs fan).
    Nope. I was 5 years old when the Dolphins came in the league. My father said I saw the helmet and that was it. Actually have a handwritten letter from Bob Griese from 1970.

Hey Ian....frontrunning enough for ya?

As for the Pens, same thing. Came into being when I was 6, saw the uniform and dug it.

Oh and by the way...Dolphins' record first year I followed them = 3-11
    Penguins record first year I followed them = 27-34-13

So yea Ian...40 years of frontrunning with the same teams!

Hey Ian....

Post Thanks / Like

On a tear since the Allstar break, and in first.

Man...if they manage to get to the Series and win it, all I'd need is the Dolphins in the Super Bowl to complete my fandom trifecta!
    Yupp, doin' good now but all those senior leaguers will be wore out and on the DL by Sept. LOL (with a payroll like that they should be in 1st)
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjstrike View Post
    Yupp, doin' good now but all those senior leaguers will be wore out and on the DL by Sept. LOL (with a payroll like that they should be in 1st)
    Ah...quoting from the "Yankee Haters Handbook" I see.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Where I come from, we have a name for guys like you that pick and choose teams to root for ...

We call them "FRAUDS"!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

WOW- we like the same teams- Yankees, Dolphins, and those Stanly Cup Champs- PENS!!!

Glad to see you commenting on the board withut knowing what your talking about IAN!

GO YANKEES!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yjgirl32 View Post
    WOW- we like the same teams- Yankees, Dolphins, and those Stanly Cup Champs- PENS!!!

Glad to see you commenting on the board withut knowing what your talking about IAN!

GO YANKEES!!!!
    Sorry, but I think Ian knew exactly what he was talking about. Pagan does not seem to have a geographical or family tie to his teams (though as I said, you can make a case for the Yankees as he lives in NY State) and basically sounds like he picked his teams because he liked the uniforms . Only exception I can see to this is if you grew up in an area where a team spring trained and there wasn't a baseball team there at the time, such as Clearwater fans of the Phillies, Tampa fans of the Yankees, Dodger fans in Vero Beach (though the Dodgers are gone from there as of this year).

For the record, I could not see myself ever rooting for the Yankees even if I moved to the area (and I did go to graduate from a college in a NYC suburb).
    Christine ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

When I said the Pens were harmless I meant I could care less if they won or lost....anyways.

My team is not Boston, although I certainly cheer for them over the Yanks.

My team is just one of those teams that provides the Yankees with their talent . A guy will come up through our organization, excel and play maybe 3 or 4 years there, before the Yanks will come in offer him 3x more than what any other team (except Boston) can pay. The players Union will kick his tail if the player does not agree to the contract.

So my team could be one of about 25 teams in the league.

It is like the whole league exsists so that 3 or 4 teams can be in the playoffs every year. Sure we may catch a bone every 15 years or so, but man it gets old watching your favorite players leave year after year.

Anyways there is my rant

Post Thanks / Like

Seems to me that Pagan has supported these teams from very young and has stuck with them through thick & thin.

If he was a so called front runner fan he certainly wouldn't be rooting for the Dolphins.

So I think the word "Fraud" is certainly not relevant here.

Post Thanks / Like

Where I come from, we have a name for guys like you that pick and choose teams to root for ...

We call them "FRAUDS"!
    Where I come from, we have a name for Philly fans...but since this is a family friendly board I can't post it.

Pagan does not seem to have a geographical or family tie to his teams (though as I said, you can make a case for the Yankees as he lives in NY State) and basically sounds like he picked his teams because he liked the uniforms .
    Why the eyerolling? I was FIVE.

As for geographical ties, sorry but that's nonsense. Where you're from is an accident of birth.

What if I was born in Kenya? Guess I wouldn't be able to root for anyone, huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Reservoir Dog View Post
    Seems to me that Pagan has supported these teams from very young and has stuck with them through thick & thin.

If he was a so called front runner fan he certainly wouldn't be rooting for the Dolphins.

So I think the word "Fraud" is certainly not relevant here.
    Agreed, the word fraud is certainly not correct.

I too as a very small lad liked the Phins and the Pens because of their mascots/ uniforms. As a child with no professional teams in our region i picked based on color and mascot.
    So when I was young I liked the Packers because green was my favorite color. Like Pagan I stuck with those initial likes and cheered for the Pack until the Titans came to Tennessee in 1997.
    I certainly respect Pagan for that.

However to even imply that being a Phins, Yanks, and Pens fan has been tough is not going to bring pity from many people. While the Phins have not won a Super Bowl since 1974 they certainly have been competitve most of your lifetime. The Pens, three Stenley Cups in your lifetime, and the Yanks? Well don't give me that garbage about rough 70's they won the Series in 77, and 78, try selling "woe is me Yankee fan" routine to a Cubs fan, Mariners fan, Padres fan, Brewers fan, etc...

The whole geographical argument is rubbish. Pagan or anyone else should feel free to cheer for whomever they want especially if their is no local team without rolling eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

What if I was born in Kenya? Guess I wouldn't be able to root for anyone, huh?
    Well, if you move to the US, then you would most likely start to root for the team in the city where you settled, such as Obama moving to the south side of Chicago being a White Sox fan (which I am guessing is why you chose the Kenya reference) or like my co-worker who moved here in the early 1990's from Pakistan to the North Side of Chicago and is a Cubs fan.

And the 5 year old thing doesn't hold up for me. My first baseball game was when I was 5 and we went to Fenway Park for my first baseball game and I was enamoured with Yaz. I did not become a Red Sox fan (though I do not have anything against them). Still became a Phillies fan when we moved to Philly from FLA as a teenager.
    Christine ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

The whole geographical argument is rubbish. Pagan or anyone else should feel free to cheer for whomever they want especially if their is no local team without rolling eyes.
    I disagree on the geographical thing, however, you're correct that he should feel free to cheer for whomever he wants.

As long as he understands that I will continue to call him (quite correctly) a fraud.

Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

However to even imply that being a Phins, Yanks, and Pens fan has been tough is not going to bring pity from many people. While the Phins have not won a Super Bowl since 1974 they certainly have been competitve most of your lifetime. The Pens, three Stenley Cups in your lifetime, and the Yanks? Well don't give me that garbage about rough 70's they won the Series in 77, and 78, try selling "woe is me Yankee fan" routine to a Cubs fan, Mariners fan, Padres fan, Brewers fan, etc...
    You vastly misunderstood what I was saying, bro.

I certainly am not crying "woe is me", I was pointing out how there's no way I could be a "front runner" rooting for these teams.

With the exception of the Yankees, who've been winners fairly recently, I haven't seen my Dolphins win in 26 years. I also went 17 years without seeing the Pens win. So if I was a front runner, wouldn't I have jumped on the Cowboys/Steelers/49ers/Patriots/Red Wings/Devils bandwagon at some point?

That's the point I was making. I stuck with them through the lean years, and am enjoying the Pens Cup win now.

Hopefully I'll enjoy another Yankee ring, and a Dolphins' ring also.

Well, if you move to the US, then you would most likely start to root for the team in the city where you settled, such as Obama moving to the south side of Chicago being a White Sox fan (which I am guessing is why you chose the Kenya reference) or like my co-worker who moved here in the early 1990's from Pakistan to the North Side of Chicago and is a Cubs fan.
    No, was just trying to think of a place really far away.

And the 5 year old thing doesn't hold up for me. My first baseball game was when I was 5 and we went to Fenway Park for my first baseball game and I was enamoured with Yaz. I did not become a Red Sox fan (though I do not have anything against them). Still became a Phillies fan when we moved to Philly from FLA as a teenager.
    And I'm happy for you. You wanted to be a Philly fan cause you moved there, more power to you.

It holds up for me though. I liked the uniforms, which got me interested as a child, and then I grew to follow the teams once I grasped the intricacies of both sports.

I disagree on the geographical thing, however, you're correct that he should feel free to cheer for whomever he wants.

As long as he understands that I will continue to call him (quite correctly) a fraud.

Just as long as you understand that being from Philly, with the exception of the Philles (ooooh...original name! Too bad the Penguins couldn't have been the Pittsburgh Pittsies! LOL) last year, I will continue to call you (quite correctly) a loser.

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of those times I agree with Ian (doesn't happen that often ) Of course, Pagan or whoever else can root for whomever they want, though I do think if you are raised in a certain geographical region, you would raise your kids to root for those teams (unless your family lived for years in NYC as Yankees or Mets fans or something like that). That's just my opinion, though, and I am free to express it whether you agree with me or not.
    Christine ºoº

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: