I've noticed a lot of posts on here lately about rude behavior at Walt Disney World and the fact that it seems to be more and more common.

I'm going to throw in my two cents worth. I know the parks like the back of my hand and never need to use a park map to find my way around.

However, I have noticed in all of the parks that when someone needs to stop to use a park map, they do just that - they abruptly STOP, pull out the map and read. This would not be a problem if they were not in the middle of main walkway. It's rude to be walking through a main walkway with hundreds of people behind you and stop abruptly and halt those behind you just because you don't know where you are. I'm amazed at how many people will not step to the side so that others can pass.

On my last visit near the TOT, I saw a woman get knocked down by a large stroller because she decided to stop instantly to read her map and she didn't even think about the people behind her.

The same is true when members of a group get separated. How many times do you see whole groups stopped in the middle of a main walkway to all turn around and look for someone in their group? Once again, they should step to the side to wait for the missing person to catch up.

In a nutshell, many people in WDW act like they are the only ones there even though they are surrounded by hundreds of people. And it's rude.