Quantcast What's the oldest souvenir you have from Disney World?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What's the oldest souvenir you have from Disney World?

For me, it would have to be a stuffed figment doll from '90. I was eight years old, on my first trip to WDW. It is about 7 inches tall and sits on top of my bookcase with a bunch of other cool souvenirs.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

A sticker that my husband brought back from his first trip in the seventies... When we got married I framed it because we had no money, (and little furnishings). It was the only thing on our walls. I had never been yet at that point, but I loved the idea of it already. I thought the art looked perfect over the crate with the hand-me-down lamp! The orange construction paper backing really set it off. Thanks for bringing me a smile today.
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

My oldest souvenir is also a Figment. I have a Figment keyring from 1986. My mom and I went in July that year just before I left to be an exchange student in FInland. I also have a tea cozy from England that I got on that trip.

Post Thanks / Like

I still have a licence plate of the Magic Kingdom from 1975. Of course back then, MK was all there was to Walt Disney World. I have it mounted on a wall in my house.

Only about twenty-five miles away from the most magical place on Earth
    Post Thanks / Like

My mom has a special guest nametag with my name on it from the family trip of 1997. I was 1. :p

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Birnbaum's Guide and park maps from 88'. EP and MK were the only parks back then. I also have a giant fold-out flyer introducing the newest night-time spectacular.......ILLUMINATIONS. hehe

Good times.

Coming Soon.....
    March 2011 - Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

Default Winnie the Pooh from 1976

His red shirt that once said Pooh no longer says Pooh. He looks REALLY bad! Then I have a very tall Marie stuffed animal and Dumbo from the early 80's. My parents even have some unused tickets from 1976. They have them put up with our Elvis tickets from his last concert that they went to and the concert that he was to have, but died before he could actually do it. Yes, I actually remember going to his concert and I was only 4. I slept through the whole first act! LOL!!!!
    6/97 DL
    6/98 CS
    12/99 HONEYMOON
    4/01 DL
    1/04 ASMo
    12/04 POR
    12/05 ASMu
    12/07 AKL
    1/08 AKL
    11/09 POP

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2-21/2 inch ceramic type Micky and Minnie, Donald and Daisy, and Pluto. That was from my first trip in 1979.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a gold charm, well 'had' a gold charm (my Mom wears it all the time now). I bought it in 1986 and it is the old WDW logo, a world with ears. I would give anything to get the same charm in silver!

We still have a old Cooking with Mickey cookbook, I think it is from 1986 or 87.
    -Michelle

"I DO!" Engaged at MK Railroad Station overlooking Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks 2/24/01.
    Raising a future Disney Freak.
    DD's 1st trip @ 9 weeks old (20 year anniversary of my first trip), been back every year since!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a postcard of the castle from 1989 its on my fridge so I can see it everyday.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a lot of Epcot stuff in 1985 on my first visit, so I have patches, keychains, license plates all with the original Epcot Center logo. I used to collect license plates (when Disney still made them for all occasions). I would always buy two, one to put on the front of my car, the other to keep new.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

I have this set of rubber character figures in plastic. I think they were erasers but I never used them. We got them on our first family trip in 72 or 73. If you walk through Walt Disney: One Man's Dream they have them in one of the cases on display. I think it was in the last room.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an "Epcot Center" window sticker from '82, but I also have a black serving tray that shows Florida with Disney World (just MK) right in the middle from '72....
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bunch of dress-up items from PotC (hat, eyepatch, hook, ball and chain, etc.) from when I was a pirate for Halloween in 1989. I also have this pink nameplate with ballet slippers on it, probably from around the same time. It's not very Disney-esque, but I do remember mom buying them somewhere in the MK.
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

Post Thanks / Like

My first mouse ears from 1980! The hat part is red and looks like a full hat, not a beanie like the current mickey ears. I also have my ticket from that first trip which looks like a gift tag and has a string. The dates we visited MK are stamped on the tag.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

I have a plush Eyeore from my first trip; my dad bought it for me. I think it was 1979 and I was a toddler. Somewhere I have the tickets too. My mother saved them.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

My parents are purgers not savers so really the only thing I have from childhood trips are the photos. I have started saving special items for my son like a pin from each year and his 1st mouse ears.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I still have my Indy Speedway Driver's license from 1976 "signed" by AJ Foyt.... I was 9 at the time & thought it was the coolest thing driving those cars
    Offsite: 72', 89
    Poly: 76', 97', 02', 03',06
    Golf Resort: 79'
    Contemporary: 88'
    WL: 00', 01',14'
    BC: 05', 07'(surprised the kids!!), 09'
    BW 11

Post Thanks / Like

I have a sterling silver charm with a raised relief Mickey Mouse on it, that says "Walt Disney World." I bought at WDW in 1976. I still have the original charm bracelet that it was on.

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I have a WDW towel from either 1976 or 1980. I also have Mickey ears, which I think is from our 1976 trip. One thing that I definitely have from my 1976 trip is the bicentennial WDW Guide/Park map. It's in the safe.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: