Quantcast Another Arrest @ Typhoon Lagoon - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I am impressed by the prompt and well-executed response by the guest and the deputy. Bravo!

Now if we could just have a few more well-"executed" responses this type of thing would not happen as much....
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

First off, let me say that I am thrilled they caught this guy and put him out of commission for a while.

2nd. I thought, he is in a convertible so he could be doing this type of thing on the open road as well. YOU can never be too careful
    3rd. Did anyone else find it to be funny that the witness works for the sex offenders unit. Talk about working while on vacation. that guy deserves an extra day off from work!

4th kids, especially older teens need to know that they must speak up if something like this happens to them. THey might think they don't want to make a big deal out of it or that no one "hurt" them or it was kinda funny but remind your older teens that if someone is doing this to them they could also be doing it to their younger siblings, friends, cousins neighbors etc. that they must speak up and not be embarrassed.
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much thinking that we need to re-think the water park plans!!! What the heck is going on???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazypoohbear View Post
    First off, let me say that I am thrilled they caught this guy and put him out of commission for a while.

2nd. I thought, he is in a convertible so he could be doing this type of thing on the open road as well. YOU can never be too careful
    3rd. Did anyone else find it to be funny that the witness works for the sex offenders unit. Talk about working while on vacation. that guy deserves an extra day off from work!

4th kids, especially older teens need to know that they must speak up if something like this happens to them. THey might think they don't want to make a big deal out of it or that no one "hurt" them or it was kinda funny but remind your older teens that if someone is doing this to them they could also be doing it to their younger siblings, friends, cousins neighbors etc. that they must speak up and not be embarrassed.

thank you.
    This is another example of why we need to be aware (as parents), and keep an eye out for anyone doing something shady - and not to hesitate at letting lifeguards/security know about something when WE see it happen.
    Our kids & the kids near us learn by example, and they need our guidance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VolMickey View Post
    Pretty much thinking that we need to re-think the water park plans!!! What the heck is going on???
    Please dont hesitate to take advantage of the water parks.
    What is going on : Disney personell and resort guests are keeping an eye out- reporting incidents when they see them and the orange county sheriffs officers are doing a great job catching these guys.
    Think about it this way- over the course of this week how many people have gone to the water parks and not had any problems ?
    Again, keep vigilant- a watchful parent is one of the great deterents.
    have fun and a great summer

Post Thanks / Like

IMO I don't think the problem is people being afraid or embarassed to report these things or even the response time of the police (or in this case water park employees) in these matters. I think our biggest problem is not keeping these creeps in jail. Judges give these people light sentences and when they get out they are right back to doing these things to our kids because they know that they will not be in jail for long.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VolMickey View Post
    How many times does this type of thing happen at your local public pool? More than you may imagine, or want to. This is big news simply because it is a Disney waterpark.

You/your kids/your grandkids/etc. are still much safer here than at any of your local establishments.

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    We're still going anyway. I'm still not thrilled about it but there was some good advice here and I do plan to talk to the girls. We'll be meeting Kristen and Ben (dolphinmickey9170) there so there will be 4 adults with my girls at all times. I would never let them go anywhere alone at TL (they are unfamiliar with the layout) or around any pool for that matter. I believe in safety in numbers when it comes to playing in water, even when there are fantastic lifeguards on duty.
    I'm glad you are still planning to go. I agree with the previous posters that a perv would be a lot less likely to try something with an adult around. I hope you have a great time.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    IMO I don't think the problem is people being afraid or embarassed to report these things or even the response time of the police (or in this case water park employees) in these matters. I think our biggest problem is not keeping these creeps in jail. Judges give these people light sentences and when they get out they are right back to doing these things to our kids because they know that they will not be in jail for long.
    You are exactly right. Every study I've ever read, says that these types of people cannot be rehabilited. They should be locked up and never released.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I am not trying to down play the severity of these crimes, or make the claim that it is ok. However, please don't be too freaked out by these people that you change your plans. First of all it is highly unlikely, so I have read. Secondly, I have been the victim of such occurrences 4, yes 4, times. Twice while I was under 14 years of age. I called the police every time. The only time it was traumatic for me was when it occurred while I was at home in bed (the weirdo was in my window.) This was because, I think, it violated my safe, personal space. But the other three times, I got out of the situation and told an adult/police. It is not a particularly terrible experience. Creepy yes, but I am a psychologically healthy individual not afraid of any areas that these events occurred. Please, please don't take this as me saying oh you'll be fine, don't worry about sexual predators. But flashers generally only care about flashing...nothing more.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's see...wardrobe malfunction, European bathing suit, unadjusted privates...let's just call a spade a spade...or in this case, a perv a perv! Good lookin out on the part of the witness and excellent response time by the authorities! Kids should always be taught to LOUDLY point out any inappropriate behavior directed towards them or witnessed by them. The more people aware of what's goin on, the more likely the perv will be caught. We as responsible parents MUST protect our kids (and others as well) from creeps like these. If we're lucky, we'll catch them before the authorities get there, and if they just happen to "fall face first into the concrete a couple of times while trying to escape" ...well...sorry!! (not really)
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Typhoon Lagoon: Charges dropped against alleged flasher at Typhoon Lagoon

Prosecutors have dropped the case against a man accused of flashing a minor at a popular Walt Disney World water park, Typhoon Lagoon.

Walter Pacheco
    Sentinel Staff Writer

9:58 AM EDT, August 19, 2009

Prosecutors have dropped the case against a man accused of flashing a minor at a popular Walt Disney World water park.

Court records show the charges of lewd and lascivious exposure against 51-year-old Bradford Pellet Biggers were dropped on Aug. 12 because of insufficient evidence.

"The evidence provided to the State Attorney's Office was insufficient to prove beyond a reasonable doubt," said state attorney's office spokesman Randy Means.

Biggers did not immediately return calls to the Orlando Sentinel, but in an e-mail to the newspaper, a man identifying himself as Bradford Pellet Biggers denied the allegations.

"I was being threatened by this man who then chased me through the park after he shouted and screamed obscenities at me...all I was doing was cleaning sand from my suit for [one] second," the e-mail shows. "I cant believe something like this can happen. There was no 14-year-old girl who saw anything."

Reports from the Orange County Sheriff's Office show a witness told deputies he had seen Biggers position his lawn chair about four feet from the victim at Typhoon Lagoon on July 11. The witness said Biggers then tried to get the teenager's attention by moving his chair, staring at her and fondling himself.

The witness, an employee with Missouri's probation and parole sex-offender unit, yelled at Biggers and threatened to hurt him if he continued to expose himself, the sheriff's report shows. Biggers ran and started to drive away in his convertible.

A deputy saw Biggers running a stop sign in the parking lot. The deputy stopped Biggers and detained him because he had a suspended drivers license. The witness later identified Biggers as the man who had been allegedly exposing himself to the teenager.

Deputies said Biggers denied the allegations at the time of the arrest and blamed the wardrobe malfunction on his swimsuit, saying it was too tight and the elastic leg band was not properly adjusted.

Court records show Biggers' drivers license is still suspended.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah sure, I'll take this guy's word for it over the testimony of an employee with Missouri's probation and parole sex-offender unit.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: