Quantcast Fantasmic

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantasmic

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fantasmic

Just wondering what everyone thinks.....When we went to Fantasmic there was a couple and their 2 kids sitting in front of us. We had all been sitting there for about 1 1/2 hours. The little boy in front of us had fallen back and hit his head on the bench. His dad got up and took him to the bathroom, while they were gone this women and her 2 dtrs came up and just sat down where the Dad and son had just left from. The Mother stated to this lady my husband and son are sitting here. This lady just rudely stated "you can't save seats". The Mother was trying to explain what happened but this lady wouldn't budge she just sat there and kept repeating she didn't care and you can't save seats. Of course I had to say something and I said her son and husband just left to go to the bathroom and are coming back and they have been sitting there for over an hour, the lady of course yelled at me "well you can't save seats". I said "real nice, so you mean to tell me if you needed to take your dtr to the bathroom and your other dtr sat here and someone came up and took your seats you would be okay with that". Of course she didn't answer. She just sat there snarling.
    I thought this was really rude!!!! Luckily there was just enough room for her husband and son to squeeze in as this other lady wasn't going to budge. If they came back and weren't able to sit down I would have gotten up and told a CM what had happened as I am sure that he took the boy to the bathroom to check his head to make sure he wasn't injured!!
    Some People have just really gotten rude and hateful lately!
    There were other seats avail at the time she pulled this stunt, so it wasn't like they were the last 3 seats in the stadium (not that it would have been any less rude!)
    Magic is everywhere if you know where to look!

Visiting Disneyland since 1969 & Walt Disney World since 1994!

Disney Fan since birth!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Too far, 1000 miles (18 hours) from port orleans riverside
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice

Well I guess theres nothing you can to about it i think its great that you tryed to help out and yes i agree some people that are visiting disney tend to ruin the experience and some make the experience better i just wish the people that ruin it would just leave people alone (she probably cares more about those seats then her daughter haha)
    Become What You Wish The World To Be

RIP VMK: Mysteriochao 2006-2008

1998 Port orleans riverside
    1999 POR
    2002 POR
    2003 POR
    2005 POR
    2006 POR
    2007 POR
    2008-2009 (dec 28 - jan 07) POR
    2009 POR

Next Trip--- Not planned

Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty inconsiderate. It's a shame how unfriendly and uncourteous people can be.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Disgusting
    Amy AKA Fantasmic

Let your Disney magic shine!

Mystries and Magic, visions Fantasmic!

WDW in 88,89,90,91,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,00,01,02,04,05,07,09,11,13,14,16
    DLP in 99,00,08

Post Thanks / Like

This is why I make it my personal rule (for myself) to always ask if the seats are occupied before plopping my bum in a spot for Fantasmic.
    Caribbean Beach- June 1992
    Dixie Landings- July 1994 and March 1996
    Port Orleans Riverside- June 2005
    All Star Sports- September 2006
    Boardwalk Villas- June 2008
    Port Orleans Riverside- September 2009 and October 2014

Pop Century- August 2015

Post Thanks / Like

just another reason why I don't like Fantasmic. People have to wait forever in the sweltering heat for the show. Add to that the people who have to have the "best seat" at any cost and you are asking for issues to arrise.
    A BIG THANK YOU for you in trying to help strangers out. If more people would speak out to these type of rude people then maybe, just maybe they would get the message that no one likes their actions.

Post Thanks / Like

When someone can not answer that means that they were at fault. I am glad that the Husband and son did have room. I agree they were wrong in their reasoning. But there are so many that are rude and you just have to know that there are the nice ones who makes the great vacation. I am sure that the family appriecated you sticking up for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe this whole fiasco could have been avoided if....THEY SHOWED FANTSMIC EVERY NIGHT!
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

we were ther a few years ago when our son was a few mths old and had to leave to do something for him. Since we had been there so long we struck up a conversation with a family infron of us and when some on in either party had to leave we helped the other out keeping our seats. Also When we were there last year we did the dinner pkg. My husband started walking verry fast and in all the rush Ileft my inhealer with the stroller. When we got to the seating area I couldnt breath and no inhailer. The CM noticed that and that I could bairly walt do to a muscle disease and seated us in the Weelchair section were there was a whole bench available. The family diagonally behind us thought that the entire row was reserved for them and made some comments that should never be said infront of children to my husband. My mom went to get my meds and I think the people saw me turnning blue or something but there was only five of us and still left enough room for their children so set by them or infront of them. The nice CM kept coming and checking on me.
    It still amaizes me how some people can be ao rude when there is no need and you are at WDW the happiest place on earth.

Post Thanks / Like

This makes my blood boil...
    -Michelle

"I DO!" Engaged at MK Railroad Station overlooking Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks 2/24/01.
    Raising a future Disney Freak.
    DD's 1st trip @ 9 weeks old (20 year anniversary of my first trip), been back every year since!

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you for speaking up! So sad that you had to.
    We saw a similar incident at a parade (at studios) a few years ago. There was this family with a young grandaughter with them. They were seated on a bench. Well, right before the parade started a family sat down right infront of them. They mentioned it nicely that they had been sitting there for a long time and that they were blocking their grandchilds view. The new family said "too bad." I was shocked, I offered to let the little one sit next to my girls, but she was afraid to leave grandma.

The worst of the incident, is most people around sided with the family that blocked the other family. I was absolutely shocked. The family that was doing the blocking was from another country, and people were approaching them appologizing and telling them not every person in the country was that rude.

I realize that there was some 'foot' room in front of the first family, and that these people wanted to see the parade; however, I think they should have said sorry and scooted out of the girls way. Not that they could not have sat there, but at least leave the one spot infront of the little girl (I'm talking 3 or 4 years old), clear.
    Lori Ann
    Mother of twin 9 year old girls
    Dixie Landings 11/96 (honeymoon)
    Dixie Landings/Cruise 12/2000
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ - 11/2007, 9/2008, 9/2009
    CSR 5/2010, AKL 5/2010 (split stay)
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

Post Thanks / Like

It al goes back to the "it's MY vacation" mentality that so many people seem to have now. They have no problem ruining other people's vacations as long as they get what they want. I have had people be shockingly rude and downright mean to my husband and I and also witnessed it happen to people around us.

You try so hard to not let these kind of things bother you and not let it ruin your vacation, but when you are surrounded by it, it's hard to ignore.

It sort of makes you think, if people can't be nice at the most magical place on earth anymore, we are headed down a very bad path.
    FW '88 • FW '89 • CBR '91 • POFQ '92 • WL '93 • WL '94 • DLH '95 • ASMu/PR '96 • DLH '97 • CBR '98 • FWC '99 • FWC '00 • POR '01 • AKL '02 • FWC '03 • POR '06 • ASSp '07 • PC '08 • PC '09 • DL '10 • PC '11 • POFQ '12 • CBR '12 • POR '14

Next up: Universal Orlando - September 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thats terrible. And is there a giant sign posted that says "you can't save seats" ? That lady was way out of line and I would have immediately gotten a CM. Sometimes people ignorance is amazing. I understand if you are trying to save half a row for 10 people to say you can't save seats, but how much room was this lady saving for her husband and small child, I mean come on, this other lady was just plain old RUDE!!!!!!!
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

This almost tops the rudest thing I ever saw at WDW. It was just before the afternoon parade at MK. The parade had started and was coming up the street. Of course the front row spaces were long gone. CMs had roped off the walkways as the parade was pretty close and out of nowhere this lady with a double stroller ducks under the ropes and crosses the street. The CM is running after her shooing her out of the way of the parade which was mere feet away. The crowds parted to let this lady cross and then she whips that stroller around and takes a front row space from the people who moved to let her pass. It was amazing. We were on the other side of the street which was probably a good thing because DH was furious over what we witnessed. The people she stole the spot from were an elderly couple and they looked too shocked to even respond.

Sometimes people's rudeness is unbelievable.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

it is unfortunate that mean people have learned about the happiest place on earth. glad you were willing to speak up for "the victims"...I'm sure the mother felt fell very alone while all this was going on.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Its really unfortunate that there are people in this world that think everything revolves around them and don't care how inconsiderate they are being to others. I personally am loud and I don't hold my tongue, so I probably would have voiced by opinion a number of times, producing dirty looks from said offenders. I just can't stand rudeness.
    02/02 - All Star Music
    02/04 - Contemporary Resort
    09/20/2009 Very Late Honeymoon @ All Star Music

Next trip: 06/08 -06/16/2014 at Shades of Green and The Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

I am actually speechless by the rudeness of people who sport the "too bad" attitude when they are clearing not playing fair. This stories really break my heart for the victims. I agree it is very hard to not get worked up by the way people behave. It doesn't do any good saying anything because these people don't care. If they did, they wouldn't have done the offensive act. I have been party to several incidences with mouthy rude people because my sister really can't let it go. It never ended well and just made us miserable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FriendsofMickey View Post
    We saw a similar incident at a parade (at studios) a few years ago. There was this family with a young grandaughter with them. They were seated on a bench. Well, right before the parade started a family sat down right infront of them.
    I had a similar thing happen to me also at The Studios. The family first asked if their two little girls could sit in front of us. We had been there a while and were right in front. I had no problem letting the girls sit there, but once they sat down the parents then squeezed in and joined them. I couldn't believe that. I noticed a couple across the street watching and they seemed as shocked as I was.

All of these stories just show how rude some people are at the parks. They don't care about anyone but themselves.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Screw Fantasmic. It's only a silly show. I don't care if I ever see it. There are more important things to be doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh, that annoys me to no end. It's even worse when it's adults standing in front of children and refuse to move, which I am sad to say I see more and more often.
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: