Quantcast The Yeti: FIXED AT LAST!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Yeti: FIXED AT LAST!!

Reports trickling in say the Yeti is now in A Mode, well, a new A mode... He doesn't swing down at you like he used to do... Now, his arm just kind of swoops, which should reduce the stress he was causing prior to being put in B mode... I can only say one thing to this:

GOOD JOB ATTARCTIONS MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT!!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

He wasn't working about a week ago when I was there a little over a week ago so this must be a brand new development. I just hope it's not some new B Mode effects that tricked the people reporting it.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Supposedly started running within the last 2 or 3 days...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it works well & lasts... we were disappointed that we barely saw him in December!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

So, should we call this "C" mode? Or, maybe "a" (lowercase) mode, or "A2"? Regardless, it sounds encouraging.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Appears that work is still being done on Yeti, so there may be times he runs in A mode and other in B mode, until all the kinks are worked out... But, yes, this is encouraging news...

Post Thanks / Like

Great news!

Post Thanks / Like

Encouraging news!! YAAAY for the Yeti!!

25 magical trips and counting...
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    1986 Tampa
    Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    December 2013 Contemporary
    Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Dec 2013 Boardwalk
    PROUD member of the Disney ParksMoms Panel!

*these postings are my own and do not reflect Disney's postions/opinions*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Reports trickling in say the Yeti is now in A Mode, well, a new A mode...
    The reports are mostly incorrect. Some minor movement is possible, but the Yeti remains primarily in B mode while repair plans are coordinated and parts are delivered. Watch for an announcement from Disney in about two months regarding the partial restoration of the Yeti's motion.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

I just hope they don't shut EE down for a Yeti refurb in late Sept/early Oct or just after New Year's. I would love to see him back in action...just please...fix him BEFORE our trip...not during!
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

1) Calling the Yeti "fixed" is a misnomer.
    2) There is an alternate activation of the arm.
    3) It is still not operating close to the original method.
    4) It is cheaply done, but at least something is working.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to see him in "A" mode but I guess I was too to notice whether he was moving or not on the one and only time I rode.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWdriver View Post
    The reports are mostly incorrect. Some minor movement is possible, but the Yeti remains primarily in B mode while repair plans are coordinated and parts are delivered. Watch for an announcement from Disney in about two months regarding the partial restoration of the Yeti's motion.
    Man.. I knew it was too good to be true.. Can't wait to hear the announcements though... Sounds encouraging at least...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I can only say one thing to this:

GOOD JOB ATTARCTIONS MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT!!!!
    Really????? After more than a year?
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mcjaco View Post
    Really????? After more than a year?
    C'mon now, no bashing maintenance. Those guys work hard and with limited resources, time and money. For them to have done anything with it, should be congratulated! After all, the blame for the issue in the first place lies on Imagineering, and should be charged back to them to fix.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry but no one (maintenance or Imagineering) should get a pat on the back after more than a year of Yeti being down.

That's pathetic.
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so blame Imagineering, blame Maitenance, but in the end, ask yourself this...."if you didn't know he was supposed to move, would you be upset?"

Yes he is in "b" mode which we know, but 90% of the guests who come to the parks have no clue what that is or means. All they know is they are riding an awesome roller coaster and right at the end a giant Yeti was there, and looked like he was moving. There are tons of people who miss the yeti at the end also. SO yes "b" mode is lame, and yes we want "A" mode to work, but at the end of the day the average guest still has an amazing experience and that justifys the delay
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1981 View Post
    Ok, so blame Imagineering, blame Maitenance, but in the end, ask yourself this...."if you didn't know he was supposed to move, would you be upset?"

Yes he is in "b" mode which we know, but 90% of the guests who come to the parks have no clue what that is or means. All they know is they are riding an awesome roller coaster and right at the end a giant Yeti was there, and looked like he was moving. There are tons of people who miss the yeti at the end also. SO yes "b" mode is lame, and yes we want "A" mode to work, but at the end of the day the average guest still has an amazing experience and that justifys the delay
    This posts describes what is wrong with the management team in Orlando. They have this attitude. Disney has never been about mediocre. They were always above and beyond. So what that the typical guest wouldn't care. That is not the point. Disney has always set the bar higher than anyone else. Now we have to accept them being lazy? Cheap? In a coma? This is the defender of medicority attitude that is sweeping across WDW meanwhile Universal is creating a huge Harry Potter area with a major e-ticket ride along with a new e-ticket roller coaster.

I have no issue with Disney taking a while to get the yeti working again, as long as they do it right. And it appears they are working on him, which is a good thing. However, it should be expected that they would fix it. Putting it in b mode making him Disco Yeti is a cheap, quick fix cause "we won't spend no money cause our guests are dumb, they don't know any better." Guess what. THEY DO. Especially since Disney made a huge stink about this particular EE, showing it thousands of times on Travel Channel, making a website dedicated to yeti and EE, and bragging how the yeti swoops his arm at the train. Disney set the bar. They could keep up with the same level.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1981 View Post
    Really this justifies delay The main show element that was hyped for over a year and is the main focus of the attraction is broken and the hopes that most guests don't notice is justification? I think you are looking at this in the wrong way. Disney should be attempting to give every guest their "A Mode" show not cheaping out with a quick "B Mode" fix on any attraction. Now don't get me wrong I understand that "B Mode" in order to keep an attraction open while problems are solved is definately needed but it is not meant to run in a "B Mode" for almost 2 years. I mean looking at the way you are with guests not noticing things they are also not getting the full WOW! factor of the ride or the parks in general. Instead they are saying yeah Everest was a cool ride but nothing special, I can ride better coasters at 6 Flags. The story is everything on a ride like Everest, the entire experience is building up to your encounter with the fearsome Yeti. Sorry a statue with strobe lights isn't really that impressive. People are missing the Yeti more now in B Mode than they would in A Mode becaus ethere is no forward motion of the AA. The Motion automatically draws your eyes to it.

I agree with GothMickey your post shows exactly why the quality of the parks in general has been on the decline for years. I go ino the cutbacks but really not worth it. Just think about this what if all the Pirates on POTC stopped moving and they added some strobe lights to the ride would it be just as good? Nop-e and they know it! They shutdown the entire attraction if certain figures aren't functioning the main being the auctioneer. They will not open the ride and keep it closed until he is functioning properly. Why should Everest be any different?
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy EE issues

I found this thread very interesting. I have to say that, after being somewhat disappointed in some aspects of a trip in November (things that would never have occured in the past), it would appear that Disney does seem to be accepting mediocrity in some areas. You don't have to go back too many years to a time when this would NEVER have been considered acceptable. I guess it's just a sign of the times that even Disney isn't always Disney-like any more. It's too bad.
    July, 1973 - Polynesian
    July, 1976 - Polynesian
    July, 1978 - Polynesian
    October, 1982 - Hotel Royal Plaza (Honeymoon)
    November, 1999 - offsite (timeshare)
    June, 2003 - offsite (timeshare)
    June, 2006 - Coronado Springs Resort
    November, 2008 - Coronado Springs Resort

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: