Quantcast How many different roles/jobs?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default How many different roles/jobs?

Anyone know how many different roles Disney Cast members can have in their job?

I have seen the same cast member operating different rides or other things throughout the day.

How many different types of roles can they have? Are there different departments, that they are assigned to and rotate in?

Just curious. I have always thought it would be kind of fun to work there. Or wondered what it would be like. I think I would want to try different things.
    June, 1990 - MK, Epcot -Off Site Hotel - Sang on stage & Marched in parade at MK
    Feb. '05 - DL, DCA - Off Site Hotel
    Feb. '07 - All Parks, DT - AKL
    May '08 - All Parks, DT - AKL & POP - 4 day Disney Cruise
    Jan. '13 DL, DCA, DT -Off Site Hotel
    Nov. '13 All Parks, DT - POP & Swan

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I only know what our DD was doing while working at DL. She was assigned to Jungle Cruise, but was also trained on and worked at Haunted Mansion, Tiki Room, Splash, Indi, & Tarzan. She, like so many working there had a variable schedule due to schooling & Disney worked with her on that. She especially liked working the grad & special event all nighters.
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR
    DL 1971 to now - too many times to count, DL AP holder & Disney stockholder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaDisney View Post
    Anyone know how many different roles Disney Cast members can have in their job?

I have seen the same cast member operating different rides or other things throughout the day.

How many different types of roles can they have? Are there different departments, that they are assigned to and rotate in?

Just curious. I have always thought it would be kind of fun to work there. Or wondered what it would be like. I think I would want to try different things.
    I don't believe there is a limit to how many roles you can work in. I will be starting my 5th role in Aug (I have done merchandise, custodial, QSFB- quick service, character attendant, and will be doing attractions in Aug). I believe people who work at Disney FT have to wait a period before changing roles (6 months?).

There are so many roles to choose from at Disney- entertainment, attractions (working the rides/shows), merchandise (working in the shops), custodial, main entrance, parking lots, transportation (buses, monorail, the boats), working in the resorts, lifeguards, and so on. Each is part of a different department. You don't rotate from department to department (unless you have a hopper role). And you have to be specifically trained for each role.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: