Quantcast where would you go without kids?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question where would you go without kids?

This will be our 2nd trip with children and this time we are considering using Kids Nite Out and going out after the parks close.

2 questions:

First, where would you go for a night out without kids? In the past we always liked HOB and hearing some live music but I think we would like to try something different. I just now read about JellyRolls and knew nothing about it before. Any other places that would be worth it to go if I'm spending almost $100 dollars for a sitter? We've already seen La Nouba so looking for something new and different.

Secondly, do the buses go back and forth between all the resorts pretty late? In case we were to go enjoy something at another resort will a bus take us back to our resort from that location or would we have to switch buses somewhere?

thanks!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are somewhere in DTD then you can take a bus back to your resort. If you are at a resort and need to return to your resort (and it's not one of those on the monorail) then you will have to either take the resort bus to DTD and then transfer to your bus...I would take a cab. I don't believe it would be more than $20 from anywhere...The don't have bus' that run from resort to resort...
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Jelly Rolls is fun. You have to be into the sing-along thing though. It's been a while, but the guys were very entertaining last time I went.

Cabs between resorts are readily available and were pretty cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

We have never actually done this, but we have heard great things about the Irish Pub in DTD. We are planning to spend an evening there on our honeymoon trip coming up.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like Raglan Road at DD. The atmosphere, the Irish dancers, and mostly the music. You might even recognise the violin player who is with Off Kilter sometimes.
    If you are not staying out TOO late, have a nice dinner at one of the monorail restaurants, check out the lounges, walk on the beach, lay in a hammock, watch Wishes and the EWP. You can always take the monorail back to MK and catch a bus back to your resort or it is a short walk to MK if you end up at the Contemporary. If you run too late, easy enough to take a cab.
    I am going to try JellyRolls myself this Sept. I also like to make a stop at the BelleVue. Normally I take the DD bus after that, however they seem to be a little pokie at the Boardwalk.I am a big fan of the disney transportation system, however, Resort to Resort travel can be frustrating at times, expecially if you are tired or in a hurry. If either of those is true, take a taxi.
    whatever you do

'Tiggers are wonderful things'
    AKL
    All Star Music/Sports
    Big Red Boat
    CB
    Contemporary Garden
    Disney Institute Bungalow
    FW Campground/Cabin/Home
    Pop
    Poly
    POFQ/POR
    WL

Post Thanks / Like

Jellyrolls!! Its a BLAST! The cab from the Boardwalk to POFQ was 8 bucks. (without tip)

Post Thanks / Like

Default cover charge

i am sure it has been mentioned before that JellyRolls does have a cover charge. I think $10.

AKL
    All Star Music/Sports
    Big Red Boat
    CB
    Contemporary Garden
    FW Campground/Cabin/Home
    Pop
    Poly
    POFQ/POR
    WL

Post Thanks / Like

YeeHaa Bob is great fun too. He's at Port Orleans Riverside Wednesdays through Saturdays in the lounge. He starts at 8:30- and I think plays until about midnight. You can come and go as you please. There is no cover or drink minimum. Lots of fun!
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bob

thanks for posting that Linda. He is great fun. I was going to mention PO myself, but it has been long enough since I stayed there that I wasnt sure of the schedule or even if Bob was still there. I will have to pay a visit myself.

AKL
    All Star Music/Sports
    Big Red Boat
    CB
    Contemporary Garden
    FW Campground/Cabin/Home
    Pop
    Poly
    POFQ/POR
    WL

Post Thanks / Like

The same places we would go w/kids, so we just take 'em with us!
    1975 - Off site
    1980 - Golf Resort
    1981 - Poly
    1982 - CT
    1983 - Poly
    1989 - CBR
    1998 - CBR
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

We typically travel with my parents and take a night (after the children are in bed) for just the two of us. We used to go to the Adventurers Club on that night . Now that there is no more AC we aren't sure what, if anything we'll bother doing this year. We have four children and DS (#4) is an early riser so we'll probably relax on the balcony and take all the rest we can get! LOL! Maybe we'll head to DTD for a bit and check out HOB since you typically like it maybe we'll like it too.

If I were to get a sitter and head out for the night I would go to California Grill for a late dinner, the view is breathtaking. if they are shooting off Wishes that night try to get an ADR that coincides with the display. Or go to Epcot and walk the countries. Get a late ADR for just before the park closes and then enjoy the empty park while you walk to the busses. The torches and everything is beautiful at night when no one else is there.

There are fireworks cruises and private dinners on the beach at the GF. Both carry a pretty good price tag so it's more what you are looking to spend.

I've never been to Jellyrolls but I'm also not a big fan of piano bars so . . .

There is also the 9pm showing of the HDDR. Could be fun too. We love the show.

Dinner at the Ychatsman Steakhouse and then a stroll along the Boardwalk.

The possibilities are endless!

Have a fabulous night out!!!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: