Quantcast Haunted Hotels - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Haunted Hotels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    I think maybe our civil war music scares them away.
    lol. Ya know, that's interesting because I hear a lot of theories from folks that re-creating sights and sounds from the era is more likely to stir up paranormal activity. Hey, maybe you've had a ghost walk right past you but since you're all reenacting you didn't notice.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This year I'll make sure we only play songs written before July 1863. They probably heard "Marching Through Georgia" and said "You Farbs, we're not coming out now!"
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I stayed at the Nottoway Plantation in White Castle, Louisiana (near New Orleans) back in 2005, in what was then known as Odessa's Room. It was such a neat experience. During the day we wandered along the levee bordering the Mississippi and in the evening we wandered around the large and beautiful rooms of the mansion (something guests were allowed to do after the daily tours were done). This was both fascinating and unsettling at the same time. That night, I woke with a start after dreaming that woman in period dress was leaning over me in the half-tester bed....or maybe it wasn't a dream?

At any rate, we've heard that the plantation has undergone a huge renovation and the room we stayed in is now called the Ella Eugenia Randolph room. But supposedly the paranormal activity still continues and the Ghost Lab team once did an investigation there.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

come on scar marching through Georgia is an awesome song. I'm listening to it right now and listen to it everyday. and I'm doing the Gettysburg reenactment this summer ( 1st one ever ) I'm not sure about sleeping on the field just because of sleeping on a spot where someone died but I'm dieing to listen to some live civil war songs down there
    1993-2002:various off property resorts
    2003:fort wilderness campground
    December 2007:Caribbean resort
    December 2008: port Orleans french quarter
    December 2010: Port Orleans french quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I agree it's a great song (with apologies to our intercotees in Georgia,) but it was written in 1865, so it's totaly farby for Gettysburg.

And if you're talking about the big reenactment, don't worry. It's not held on the battlefield but a nearby farm. The NPS doesn't allow reenactments in the parks, only small living history demonstrations.

I'm not sure if we're going, but find the Federal USV camp and see if the 6th New Hampshire is there. If we are, ask for Pvt. Scar. We put on a decent show.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

i knew that it was on a nearby farm but you never know if it was a field hospital and if you guys are there I'll make sure i look for you guys

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, goodness, Scar-go back to your curling!

Post Thanks / Like

We live in Saint Louis, and I keep trying to convince my Fiance that we should stay at the Lemp Mansion.
    May 2009 CSR
    Febuary 2010 CBR
    Next Trip HoneyMoon May 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1 View Post
    Oh, goodness, Scar-go back to your curling!
    Hey, I'm allowed more than one hobby. Aparently Chris has like ten of them.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me View Post
    Just spent a weekend in Gettysburg with my DS13. We slept at a campground so I'm sure the noises waking me up all night were just critters lurking about (or so I keep telling myself ).
    Or it may have been a couple of college kids Haha I went to Gettsburg College all four years of undergrad and as a freshmen is was almost a rite of passage that you spend some nights on the battlefield getting "spooked"

I will also say in four years of living on a campus in the middle of the most haunted battlefield in america and living/working in some period buildings, i never heard or saw a thing.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

Eleven at last count.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default DWR Paranormal Experience

I have NEVER been a believer in paranormal activities and or ghosts. I don't watch any of the ghost shows and never have had any desire. My friend and I just stayed 2 nights at the Contemporary with a lagoon/pool view.My friend is very spiritual, however I am the opposite. The first night there was a meteor shower, so we got up around 3 am to watch it. It was cool since we saw a few and Jupiter was right in front of us. I started to just look around and to the right of us was the smaller tower (not sure what the name of it was) and there were 3 small roofs over the entrance which then became a walkway of glass. I looked at the one directly over the entrance and thought I saw someone sitting up there and told my friend. She didn't notice at first, but did notice a man sitting or whatever it was doing about a yard or so below them. He was very eery, with a white face, almost a white mohawk and and I am going to sound crazy, but almost like black spikes sticking out of his head. He just sat there, sometimes moving his head to the left and right...he looked like someone out of Halloween Horror nights. However, there were people coming in and out of the entrance with luggage and walking right past him which we thougth was odd. By this time my friend spotted the man/boys on the roof, which by this time had become 2. We didn't know if we should call security, since we were worried they may jump down and try to rob guests leaving or if they were just teens on something just up there to watch the show as well. They sat there as more guests left and did nothing to show harm. As it got a bit later/earlier I noticed they were not there anymore. A while later as it started to become lighter, I watched as the two returned to the roof, I could not tell how they were getting up so easily as it could not be easy. I decided to take my camera out which has really good zoom and get a closer look..I zoomed in a bit too far and got the fabric of ones jeans and zoomed out to follow up his body to a flannel shirt and onto his face in which he had an eery smile on his mouth and biting a cigar, as I moved up I was shocked in horror to see a completely demonic face out of a horror movie, deformaty, and completely SHOCKING and freaked me out and I screamed and I put my camera down and watched as they jumped off the roof. We spoke to security, did not mention anything we suspected as paranormal, but warned them about possible solicitation. Night # 2....unwinding from the Halloween Party, on the balcony again. My friend was trying to take pictures from the balcony to the roof we saw the boys or whatever they were the night before. However no matter which waay she took them she could not capture that roof. All of a sudden she got really weird and gasped "OMG"..I kept asking her what. but she kept telling me to hold on..she took about ten pictures..in the first few pictures were a figure of a dark skinny old man with some kind of fabric around his shoulders. The first couple of shots he was looking down, but the last he was looking at the camera and his eyes were huge and white and not normal. In other pictures, there were obvious other figures, men dressed in suits, women in long white dressings, one in fact hanging from a tree and even choldren. Some looked angry, while others sad and lost.They were all ghostly pictures, not like the men we saw before. One picture with writing in it that we could not make out. She started to freak out because she saw a girl, who she sensed was ****** at us...like I said I am not spiritual but she somehow knew the girl was ****** and I could not see her and she said she had to delete all of the pictures. I begged her to forward them to me and she did supposedly, but when I looked the next morning, they were all of the same pictures. After that, what I saw was unbelievable..on the roof of the smaller tower there was a girl wrapped in a grey blanket sitting on the edge at first by herself. For some reason I just blurted out 'Amy" is over there on the roof,like I knew that was her name. My friend spotted her immediately and watched as many more arrived..A woman wearing a long dress and bonnet was setting up cots and laying them all down, they were peaceful, and obviously not there to hurt anyone, just trapped there..We watched an old lady walk her old lab, a child read a book in a tree, absoltely amazing, confusing and scary all together. Has anyone seen anything like this or am I and my friend completely crazy...As I said, I never believed until now. Any input would be helpful, but if you are going to be negative or unkind, please dont bother...thank u!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: