Quantcast Cruise to Bermuda from Boston

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cruise to Bermuda from Boston

10 of us did a 7 night cruise from Boston to Bermuda on NCL. We had fun but it didn't compare to the Disney cruise. The food was just mediocre. Both the fine dining and average dining room had the exact same menu. If you wanted something different you had to pay to go to another restaurant or go to the buffet. I finally figured out that part of the reason we didn't think the food was that good because we kept comparing it to the WDW restaurants.
    A lot of the staff was very unfriendly or standoffish too. Coming and going to and from the ship, we'd say hello to the person running our room key and didn't even get a grunt in return! There was one server from Indonesia, Sri, in the mid-level dining room, who was fantastic though! She even refilled our ice tea when we weren't at her table!

The entertainment was good though and the ship itself is beautiful. We had smooth sailing and Bermuda is awesome! I couldn't get over how clean it is compared to a lot of the Caribbean islands. I'd go back there in a heartbeat.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I was on NCL Spirit, just for the day, in May.
    I didn't like anything I had for lunch. I was not impressed with the service either.

I have been on other NCL ships & they were great. I have been happy with the newer ships.

Post Thanks / Like

the only cruises I have ever been on are Disney and NCL Jewel. I thought both were fabulous (both Carribean) and thought the food and staff were equally wonderful. The kid's programing better on Disney, family pool better on the Jewel, hmmm it seems to be a tie. I'll have to try both again...
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I was one of the 10 on the Spirit with Payroll princess.
    Let me tell you that some of the low lights were really low
    1. the cruise director and another staff member got on the elevator one morning and their conversation went like this
    :" It really ticks me off when people get on the elevator and only take it one floor up or down"
    CD" I know what you mean, it slows everything down, I don't know why they can't take the stairs, no wonder there are so many fat americans"
    : " Yeah, they should take the stairs more and not bother other people by getting on and pushing one floor.
    I was on the elevator and I was shocked speachless and let me tell you I am never speach less!
    another thing that was a low light was that people would leave drinks, ice cream dishes etc in the elevator, staff would get on and see it and l.
    Leave it there. It was still there sometimes 2/3 hours later!!!.
    The cruise members fratranizing with guests to the point that they were in nightclubs with each other almost pushing the guests out of the way so they could party!
    Some of the good points were the second city comedy troupe, the singing group "cat's pajamas" they were incredible.
    These crew members were very nice and polite and always took the time to speak with guests but never crossed the line like some of the crew members did

One night in the 24 hour Diner type place my friend asked for something other than corn chips to go with her spinach dip and the server said "NO" that was it, no explaination, nothing.
    Another night I asked a different server if we could have a slice of bread that they used for the panini sandwiches instead of the corn chips. same response "NO"
    Sri and glen were very good servers and although our cabin steward never introduced himself or anything, he did seem to keep an eye on my boys and always seemed to know when they had left the cabin and how many of them there were.
    All in all Spirit is a big NO
    Bermuda was friendly, easy to get around, the people were polite, helpful and the food and drink at the swizzle inn was great.
    Even met the owner of the Swizzle Inn, he was funny, nice and personable. I highly recommend the Swizzle inn! and the rum swizzle
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! It sounds like you did hit the bottom of the customer service barrel.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

i was another one of their ten, and although i wasn't present for many of crazypoohbear's horror stories, i believe her 100%

on days at sea we found ourselves very bored and felt like magellan when we finally reached land cuz we'd finally have something to do!

though, the good looking lady count was very high, and i definitely took advantage of that
    "Be fair, alright, everyone wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" - Jason Lee as Brodie Bruce in "MALLRATS"!

RESORTS STAYED AT:
    Old Key West
    Dixie Landings (yeah, I'm old school)
    Beach Club Villas
    Caribbean Beach
    All Star Music

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: