Quantcast Help with resort for first dvc trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with resort for first dvc trip

DH and I finally bought into DVC. We are soooo excited. We have been going back and forth for a couple years and decided to buy after we watched the webcast. We already had a trip planned for September, which we decided not to cancel. We're going to bank the majority of the points this year and stay for a week at BLT (our home resort) next year. But we don't think we can wait that long before we do a DVC vacation. We're thinking about doing 4 nts in January, but are considering staying at a different resort. We're thinking about WLV, BWV, or BCV if we can get into any of them. So i would love suggestions as to which resort will be the best resort for our first DVC trip. Or if we should stay at BLT, which might be the hardest to get into since it's so late in the year. Thanks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the DVC purchase! Best thing my wife and I ever did. We own at WL but usually stay at Saratoga. Any DVC resort will be a memorable one. BC and BWV are our favorites because of their location (walking distance to Epcot and Studios).

Keep in mind when you're booking DVC - book 11 months out for your home resort. Booking anything other than your home resort (even at the 7 month mark) is VERY difficult to get. Only Old Key West and Saratoga are routinely available during the 7-month window. Have the DVC rep search all resorts when you call to book for your dates. Good Luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with resort for first dvc trip

and
    Home

If you want to try resorts other than your home I would hold off on BLT until January. If you haven't reached your 7 month window I recommend calling first thing the morning of that window and make your reservation then.

As to where to stay, as the OP stated each DVC will provide a memorable and might I add unique experience. Will you have a car on this trip? If not BWV and BC offer very easy park access. You can walk into Epcot, boat or walk to Hollywood Studios and you can even walk through Epcot to take the monorail into MK (or of course you can take a bus to MK and AK but the bus is not so great in my experience at BWV).

I personally like staying at SSR and AKL. We own at SSR and BLT and since CR is a sentimental favorite of mine I know I will absolutely love BLT as well. That being said, having a car is an advantage when staying at SSR and AKL - especially AKL (but an amazing place to visit at least one time!).

At this point you may have to stay where you can get. If you are flexible with your dates you will enhance your ability to get in where you want. You can't loose no matter where you stay.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations and Welcome Home
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. We're going to call member services on Tuesday and see what, if anything, we can get around the time we're looking. Thanks again, can't wait to take our first trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Home! My wife and I love our DVC. I agree that you can't go wrong with any of the DVC resorts. Rank them in order and see what's available. And don't forget about AKV. Beautiful resort, and animals!
    Ed aka Horizon93

"If we can dream it, then we can do it".

DVC owner as of July 07 at AKV, as of Oct 2010 at BWV

Just back from honeymoon at AKV Kidani, July 2013!

Next up...not sure yet, but going back soon! )

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations and Welcome Home
    Sept 99 Caribbean Beach
    Sept 00 AS Mu
    Sept 01 Wilderness Lodge & Our Disney Wedding
    May 02 AS Mo
    Sept 03 AS Mo
    Sept 05 Pop
    Sept 07 Pop
    Sept 08 Pop
    Sept 09 SSR
    Dec 09 AKL KV