Quantcast myrtle beach, broadway at the beach area

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question myrtle beach, broadway at the beach area

We are going to go to Myrtle Beach, SC for the first time, this summer. The Broadway at the Beach area sounds intersting and we hope to see a dinner show. But -- having never been in the area, I've been trying to figure out just how long to allow for driving / parking. The Google images make the roads look relatively small -- is this I-drive sort of traffic? I want to allow enough travel time. We don't plan to go down to the shore itself (we'll be doing a different beach later in the trip) - so I think I'm talkin mainly rt 17 . . . .?
    Also is the Broadway at the Beach area walkable in the Downtown Disney sort of sense. It looks like you park once, then wander? Would that be right?
    Thanks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

yes u can walk all over broadway at the beach. I don't know where your driving from to tell you how far. Traffic can get heavy during the evening hours mid summer but its not really that bad.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Traffic should only be bad around holidays and weekends and gets busy between 5:00pm-7:pm. You just park and walk around just like downtown Disney (I'm pretty sure thats where they got the idea for this place).

Post Thanks / Like

Oops! Just wanted to say that its busy 5:00pm-7:00pm every day not just holidays and weekends.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
    Traffic should only be bad around holidays and weekends and gets busy between 5:00pm-7:pm. You just park and walk around just like downtown Disney (I'm pretty sure thats where they got the idea for this place).
    So funny you say this. We were just in Myrtle Beach last week and went to Broadway to go to MagiQuest and both of my kids said the whole place looked like Downtown Disney. Of course we had just spent a week in WDW so Disney was fresh on their minds. But when I later looked at pictures I took of them I couldn't help but think the same thing!

We drove to Broadway at the Beach from North Myrtle Beach where our friends beach house is and it was about a 15 minute drive around noon on a weekday. We loved Myrtle Beach, and can't wait to visit there again for a longer trip. We only spent one day there at with our friends at their house.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the info. We have only been in the parts of SC near 95 (for stops on our way to WDW) -- once we go off that path, it is all new to us. We are looking forward to this trip and appreciate the planning help.

Our current plan is to spend the afternoon at Broadway at the Beach - then go over to see the show at Dixie Stampede. The preshow for that says it starts just after 7pm, so I guess I'll be travelling between the two locations during the heavier traffic (5pm-7pm.) Would allowing half an hour travel time be appropriate, or do I need to give more time for stop and go. (I'm still envisioning the mess we've had inching down I-drive in Florida at night.)

Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

You should be fine with half an hour. Only problem would be if there was an accident backing up traffic. Have fun

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: