Quantcast Michael Jackson Dead at 50 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Captain EO!!!

Watch the Captain EO video on YouTube and you can see the many posts of people saying that the parks should bring it back as a special engagement type deal. I whole heartedly agree. My husband and I are both 25 and we were discussing how we both saw it when we were young at Disneyland and how we would both love to introduce it to his younger sisters and our friends who have never seen it.
    Yes, Michael had a tarnished reputation, but if you ask some, so does Disney. I won't go into detail, but I'm sure many of you that read this have heard all the same things before. The Simpson's movie for instance showed Bart with a black bra on his head saying he was the mascot for an evil corporation. Don't get me wrong here, I LOVE DISNEY! Four of my six tattoos are Disney based, I have an annual passport even though I live almost 400 miles away from Disneyland, I could go on. In this particular instance, I think many people would be able to overlook his tarnished reputation in order to pay homage to a man who was a musical genius and had many positive ties to Disney. If you watch Moonwalker, you can clearly see Pinocchio and Mickey figurines. I remember the tee shirts of Mickey dressed like Michael with the sparkly glove, the sunglasses and the jacket with the epaulettes. Even if the only showing of it was a late night showing meant for those who remember the show and the man that was Eo.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes this is such a shame. I'm just lucky I wasn't alive when he was a kid, cause then it would be more heart breaking to say good-bye. I still cannot believe he is dead. Tomorrow at 2:25 PM will mark officially that Michael Jackson has been dead for one week. Like all of you, I hate this! He's to talented to leave us.

Rest In Peace Michael Jackson. We love you and we'll all miss you. We will never forget your music and legacy and love.

"I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

How pathetic--people are selling their memorial tickets on ebay. I knew this would happen. Ironically it appears that some bidders are messing with the sellers by bidding outrageous amounts--one set of tickets is at $99,999,999 right now.

Too sad.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Regardless of anyone's personal feeling's about MJ the guy had 3 children who loved him very much and that was their father. To someone he was a father, a son, a brother, an uncle, a friend. And people need to remember that before they make harsh and insensitive comments about him.

The truly hardest thing of the whole memorial ceremony was when his poor daughter broke down and was crying "He was the best daddy you could ever imagine, and I love him so much".
    Only a cold and heartless person wouldn't be affected by seeing that poor baby girl cry.

My heart goes out to his children
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Watching his daughter speak and get emotional on his memorial just bought tears to my eyes.
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

God bless those beautiful kids. I thought Janet was so sweet with them, I have always liked her a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

I've watched Michael Jackson go from a little kid with the Jackson 5 to such an influence in the world with his music and all he does for his charities. My two favorite songs will always be Beat It and Thriller. We were at a big party when we saw Thriller for the first time and all of us were like wow, that's sooo awesome! Ironic its the 25th anniversary of that last Dec, I think. Beat It, I love the Eddie Van Halen guitar work in the background.

It was always funny when he would have Disneyland shut down for a night for one of his parties. He loved Disneyland so much. I remember one party they had was for Elizabeth Taylor's birthday one year.

That precious daughter of his made me cry for an hour. I hope those children are left alone with a family that really loves them.

As far as bringing back Captain EO. I don't think they could if they wanted to easily. Those theaters were setup up for the show specially. And were re-tooled for the Shrunk the Audience show. What would be interesting to see some day is if they would bring it back in IMAX form to a movie theater like they've been doing with Beauty and the Beast and some of those. But not sure if George Lucas would still retain any rights to it.

Rest in Peace Michael.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chescat View Post
    It was always funny when he would have Disneyland shut down for a night for one of his parties. He loved Disneyland so much. I remember one party they had was for Elizabeth Taylor's birthday one year.

That precious daughter of his made me cry for an hour. I hope those children are left alone with a family that really loves them.
    His music will rock the world for years to come.

From the anticipation of the opening drumbeats of Billie Jean, to the strong message of Black or White, to the soft words of Heal the World, his music is comfortable and fun to rock to. I am glad it is 'okay' to be a Michael Jackson fan again in the U.S. at least for a moment.

I do remember the news about Disneyland, thank you for that recall. His Neverland was of course his tribute to Disneyland. Forgetting the oddness of his later years, he was a great entertainer worldwide, and overseas more than at home.

His poor daughter's first public words wll be etched into our hearts for years to come. May the children be with a loving family.
    ~~Have a Disney Day~~
    șoș WDW 9-83, 9-84, 9-88, 9-93, 5-94, 5-95, 5-96, 9-99, 9-07
    șoș TDL 6-83, 9-91
    șoș DLR many, many

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: