Quantcast Best Time To Go??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Time To Go??

I'm thinking of my husband and I taking my step-daughter to Disney next year. She's never been before and my husband went when he was a small kid I think. Summer time is really really busy, right?? I'm thinking maybe a long weekend (Thurs-Mon) in either April, May or very early June. Any opinions or advice?? I would like to go for a whole week but she may be missing some school to go.
    November 2018 - Coronado Springs/Pop Century
    October 2017 - Disneyland
    March 2017 - All Star Sports & Boardwalk
    October 2015 - AKL Kidani
    March/April 2014 - Pop Century Resort
    Nov/Dec 2005 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    Nov/Dec 2004 - Pop Century Resort
    February 2003 - All Star Movies

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I only went once in the summer and that was all I needed to make me never want to go in the summer again. We usually go in October but May is our second favorite time to go. If you go early enough in the month, you can catch the Flower and Garden Festival which is absolutely beautiful!! The crowds don't seem too bad either.
    Cast: ME39, DH36, DD 6, DS1
    Oct 04/Oct 05 - offsite at Westgate Vacation Villas
    May 06 - offsite at Westgate
    Aug/Sept 07 - first time on property - POFQ
    Oct 4 - Oct 13 2008 - Westgate Vacation Villas
    Oct 3 - Oct 10 2009 - off site timeshare
    May 1 - May 8 2010-Boardwalk Villas

Post Thanks / Like

August is not too crowded. Especially late August ( alot of schools are back in session, but not where we live) If you go then be prepared for hot hot sticky weather with a downpuor mid to late afternoon. We always "closed" the parks and would take an afternoon rest period.

However my new favorite time to go is Janaury/early February. Both trips we have had nice weather (in the 60 - 70s). The parks close early but it is not too crowded. The only park super crowded is the MK on Saturday, all the locals come out. We were there for 2 Saturdays this past January and it was very crowded on both of them. On the Wednesday we went to the MK there was almost no one there.
    Aug 1974 Fort Wilderness
    Aug 1981 Fort Wilderness
    Oct 1986 Polynesian
    Oct 1992 Beach Club
    Aug 1998 All Star Sports & Wilderness Lodge
    Feb 1999 Grosvenor
    Aug 1999 Beach Club
    Aug 2002 Yacht Club
    Feb 2007 Old Key West
    Jan 2009 Old Key West
    Jan 2010 Boardwalk Villas

Post Thanks / Like

We've gone for years in mid-May and it has been a nice time of year to be there. Not too hot, or too much rain and a lot of kids are still in school so it wasn't too busy yet. If you have some flexibility I'd vote for April or May before the crowds and heat come on full force.

Post Thanks / Like

September is the best time to go!!! They usually offer free dining and its not crowded at all. Plus if you go late enough in September you can go to MNSSHP.
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

As others have said, the off season is the best time. If you go in Jan/Feb it will be empty but the weather is cool if you want to swim, could be a problem. If you go in April you'll hit spring break crowds. Early May is usually pretty light crowds and then its packed until later in August/Sept/Oct when the crowds are are low again. If you go in Sept/Oct you can take advantage of MNSSHP or even early Dec for MVMCP, but as it gets closer to the holidays it will get packed
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

My top priorities are avoiding heat and crowds. We like Jan/ early Feb or late October. We've yet to try May, but that's on the list because we really do want to see the Flower and Garden festival. I think late October is my favorite. Warm, but not hot. Unfortunately that's a bad time of year for DH work wise so we are trying late Sept for the 1st time this year. I'm dreading the heat already! We did a summer trip once (I think it was June) and never again. Way too hot plus crowded equals a bad time.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

We've had great trips going in May and October. It's always been very hot though.
    We were at WDW May 4-9 and the area had record highs. It was like 95 degrees all week.
    The weather was also hot on our 2007 October honeymoon.
    We'll be going back down the first week of November. What kind of weather and crowds can we expect?

Post Thanks / Like

No more heat or high crowds for me, from now on my trips will only be from late sept. to early march !! Spring break and the summer months are not for me !!
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Any time you can!

I like September/October. It was a little cool, but right after Thanksgiving worked well for us with the kids.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

If a family has never been or doesn't go on a regular basis (and riding a ton of rides is more important), then for sure the off seasons (early january, septemb-october and late april to mid may) are the times to go. however, we absolutely love being there to bring in the New Year, even though its one of the busiest times of the year.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

I reaaly liked going in September. There aren't many people there and we got to go to MNSSHP. The only downfalls about September were the heat and the love bugs, yuck!
    PrincessJadesMom
    January 1985-Off site
    April 2006-All Star Movies
    September 2007-Pop Century
    October 2010-Pop Century
    January 2012-Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean Cruise
    February 2012-All Star Movies
    October 2013-All Star Movies
    October 2014-Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

We went the first week in October and LOVED it. WEather was good, crowds were low and MNSSHP was awesome. Best of luck deciding!!!
    Melinda

Trips:

Offsite - June 1997
    WL - October 2008
    POFQ - April/May 2010

RPH - Universal - May 7th-11th 2014
    POFQ - Sept. 27-30, 2014 (just the two of us!)
    Royal Pacific Hotel - Universal - June 27th - July 1st, 2015
    POFQ - Sept 2017

Post Thanks / Like

If you go during the first two weeks of Oct, Nov, and December would be the best. January and Feb are the least crowded, but a lot of attractions will be closed for refurbishments. DH and I have been to WDW in November and December, and loved it. For our next trip to WDW in 2011 we'll probably go in December.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

The end of April beginning of May has always been nice for us--We have done Mother's Day weekend as a long weekend and it was really nice--it is hot, but not terribly uncomfortable. June is hot. Wouldn't reccomend that.

Post Thanks / Like

The only times I've been there is during the summer (my schedule) and over Christmas Break.

Summer is hot and really humid and depending on when you go really crowded. If you can take the heat, humidity and have a good plan summer is fun. The parks stay open later and the water parks are a blast.

During Chrismas the crowds become heavy but the weather can be great nice during the day and cool at night.

I would love to go in April (except Easter) or October, The weather seems to be better and the crowds are lighter.
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been mid-Feb, mid-May, end of May, and end of Aug. My favorite was mid-May do to the small crowds, lack of rain, temperatures in 80s, and not real humid.

Mid-Feb was also nice but crowds get large by end of the week and sometimes temperatures get cool for Florida.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

We spend the day at WDW often. If this helps, the only time we take a break is usually July, August and the beginning of Sept.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a teacher and it's common at my school for kids to miss a week and go to WDW. Ask. Depending on your step-daughter's age, it may be doable. High school is tough, but younger kids shouldn't be a problem.

Our next trip is in July. (Kids can get out of school, teachers can't!) We went in August last time and found out it works just fine. Just make sure you read these boards and have a plan for dealing with crowds if you decide to go in the summertime. We absolutely loved it. It's hot, but then, it's hot at home, too.

First trip: 1992 with sister, last trip 2018 with grandchild, not done yet!

Post Thanks / Like

We have been there a couple of times in the summer, but never again. The heat combined with the crowds - too much for us. Our favorite time is late September, October, or early May.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: