Quantcast 4 for 3? Sure, why not!? Pre-Trip Report

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Talking 4 for 3? Sure, why not!? Pre-Trip Report

Cast-
    Me, Maryanne, 23
    My Fiancee, John, turning 26 on trip

Dates- June 20-27

Background: John and I have been traveling to WDW together since 2004. This will be our 5th trip together. On our last trip, we became engaged. We figured we wouldn’t be back until our Disneymoon (which will be NEXT June!) Then this deal came along and suckered us in, along with many other people it seems. We tried to get friends to come along with us, but everyone backed out, so it's just us two again!

We will be staying at All Star Movies in a preferred room. This is the first time there for both of us. This is also the longest trip either of us has taken as of yet- 7 full days in the parks! Yay!

We are not on a dining plan and the only reservations we have are for Coral Reef and T-Rex. We expect the crowds to be large, and the heat and humidity to be stifling on some days, so we are going to take it easy. That’s what’s nice about being veterans-you don’t have to rush around and see it all.

Our flight on Southwest leaves from Philadelphia International Airport just before 9am on Saturday morning. Some of you may have read my post in vacation planning about my fiancee’s severe flight anxiety. He went to a doctor who prescribed him some Xanax, so I guess we’ll see how that works!

As for me, the only fear I have is of SUNBURN! I have fair Lithuanian skin and burn easily, unless I gradually work up a base tan. I was going to attempt that this week (15 mins in the sun each day) but the weather gods have foiled me. We’ve been experiencing some nasty rain in our area over the past week, and even when it isn’t raining it’s completely cloudy! Guess I’ll just have to slather on that sun block!

It’s funny to look back at pictures from trips and see how my “Disney World fashion” has changed. In 2002, I was 16 and with my parents. I had somewhat stylish clothes on and wore makeup every day. I did not want to go on rides like Splash Mountain and Kali for fear of getting wet. I would not wear a poncho. If I had shorts on, I was wearing cute semi-platforms. If I had sneakers on, I had my cool pegged jean capris. I would NOT wear a hat. Fast forward to 2004, first trip with John. I was still wearing mostly cute clothes, although this time I gave into a hat-albeit a then-fashionable trucker had with a setting sun and a bird. Each trip got progressively more casual to the point where I look at one outfit I wore while drinking around the World Showcase in May 2007 (Bright blue gym style shorts with a red Evil Queen tank and backwards Phillies hat) and I cringe! So this time, the fashion will be somewhere in the middle, although I’ve finally broke down and purchased two things I swore I never would- A visor, and Crocs! I decided to go with a visor (white with a red Phillies logo) because on trips in May my head got all sweaty wearing hats and I know June will be even worse, but I need to protect my face. Also in my defense, the Crocs are a flip flop version. I hate sweaty or wet socks and sneakers, and I also have a ganglion cyst on my left foot that can get irritated by sneakers. I have been wearing the Crocs non stop for a month. I've sweat profusely, waded through rain storms, walked miles, and danced in them, and they seem to stand the test. You can also bet on Phillies shirts or screen t-shirts. Can’t wait to see how these pictures turn out.

I plan to bring my laptop so maybe for a change I will actually post daily, fully accurate trip reports, although I can’t promise anything!

One thing I can say is that after such a stressful year (first year as a full time teacher, faced every issue in the book and many NOT in the book!) this trip is very needed!!!!

See you in the parks! Ciao!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

lol..i look back at my fashion options too sometimes..and wow..what was i thinking?!? lol..
    i hope you and your fiance have a wonderful time!!
    cant wait to hear all about it..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great time!
    April

Remy: You gotta taste this! This is... oh, it's got this kind of... mmm, it's burny, it's melty... it's not really a smoky taste. It's kind of like a certain... Pshah! It's got like this " Ba-boom! Zap!" kind of taste. Dont you think? What would you call that flavor?
    Emile: Lightningy?

Post Thanks / Like

Have a Magical Vacation.
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    As for me, the only fear I have is of SUNBURN! I have fair Lithuanian skin and burn easily, unless I gradually work up a base tan. I was going to attempt that this week (15 mins in the sun each day) but the weather gods have foiled me. We’ve been experiencing some nasty rain in our area over the past week, and even when it isn’t raining it’s completely cloudy! Guess I’ll just have to slather on that sun block!
    Never put it together that Lithuanians had fair (i.e. easily sunburned) skin. I'm second generation Amer-Lietuva and have the same problem. I get burnt hard, specially in salt air. Although, it generally turns to a ruddy brown in a few days.

I build my base up mowing grass in the spring and summer - 1 acre takes about 3 hours, with trimming and all - and playing golf one evening a week - late sun still gives some color. Still get fried once or twice over the summer months, but never to the point of blistering.

Enjoy your Magical vacation and don't get burned!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    Never put it together that Lithuanians had fair (i.e. easily sunburned) skin. I'm second generation Amer-Lietuva and have the same problem.
    (why does the off topic guy have to look so evil? haha) Both of my grandfathers were/are first generation, so it's the dominant nationality in my genes. Most Lithuanians are fair skinned (and supposedly fair-haired, though everyone in my fam has brown/dark brown hair). Must be that Baltic air! My brother can't get a tan at all. I can, but like I said I need to build it up through limited exposures. I spent the whole summer at a friend's shore house once and when I returned, I looked Sicilian in comparison to my family! My dad used to get a tan as a kid, my mom burns in about 5 minutes. My one grandfather was a longshoreman who always got a dark tan, but also ended up with skin cancer.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sent you a PM so as to not hijack the thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great plan. I never thought about the fashion thing. Might have to look back on some of our trip. Have a great time. Can't wait to read the reports.

Post Thanks / Like

Have a wonderful time!

I'm at that stage of life where comfort far outweighs fashion! If it's comfortable and fashionable - yay! Otherwise, comfort wins!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great trip. I can't wait to read your reports when you get back.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: