Quantcast First time at CBR!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default First time at CBR!

I just received a pin code from Disney so I was able to upgrade us from ASMo to CBR for $13.92 for an extra 2 nights! I have never stayed here before and was looking for some advise! What to look forward to? Where to stay? What to avoid? Thanks!
    ~ * Liz * ~
    Costuming CM CP Alumni / Aug 06 - May 07 -
    Magic Kingdom / MNNSHP / Mickey's Twas / Spectro / Pirate & Princess / Animal Kingdom / MJJP =)

Last trip: July 10 - ASSp/AKL
    Next trip: May 11 - Planning Session with DFTW!

Disney Bride - 11/10/11

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a great deal! We stayed at CBR a couple of years ago and really liked it. The beachy atmosphere made it really feel like a vacation. The kids like playing in the sand and of course the pool, which by now has been refurbed to be even better. We also liked the surrey bikes they have to rent. A great way to see the resort and have some fun, plus a really cute photo opportunity.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Stayed at CBR this past December and fully enjoyed it. We were in Trinidad North, I think Bldg 32, which I think is considered a "preferred" location. We just happened to receive the room without requesting a preferred anything. Trinidad North is very close to Port Royale and the large swimming pool. Rooms are nice--two beds, table etc. I did like that there was a curtain around the sink/closet area that I could close so I didn't wake the DH and DD while I was getting ready. The resort is huge, but I really liked it. The only complaint we had was the day we went to MK in the morning we waited for a bus for about 40 minutes. Each one that drove by was packed. Finally we just crammed ourselves on to one.

Also, we had a 6am ME pick-up and had forgotten to call for bell service the night before. Its quite a hike from the rooms to the Custom House and thought we'd be stuck having to lug all of our stuff. I called the front desk and they sent out a bellman with a van who was absolutely amazing. Great mood, very polite and was very wonderful to us seeing that we called last minute and at an ungodly hour. I wish I remembered the CM's name because he was just great.

I'm planning our 2011 trip and am definitely considering CBR again and would recommend it to anyone. HTH.
    Oct 97 All Star Music
    Dec 2008 CBR - First Family Trip
    February 2012 POP/BC

"I could get used to a view like this. Yep, I'm used to it. Guys I want a castle."

Post Thanks / Like

You will love CBR. We've been there a bunch, and started off first time as the result of an upgrade just like yours! Beautiful, relaxing tropical atmosphere. Peaceful. You can have a splashing good time in the pools, or cross the sidewalk to find a remote hammock on a sandy beach where you can just chill....I miss it already and I just got back! Enjoy!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the comments! We actually called back and upgraded to a pirate room for $50 more so I'm even more excited now!
    ~ * Liz * ~
    Magic Kingdom / MNNSHP / Mickey's Twas / Spectro / Pirate & Princess / Animal Kingdom / MJJP =)

Disney Bride - 11/10/11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by *Liz* View Post
    Thanks for the comments! We actually called back and upgraded to a pirate room for $50 more so I'm even more excited now!
    OOH--I'm excited for you! I just got back from the pirate rooms and LOVED it!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

Just be aware that the Pirate rooms are as far as you can get from OPR. To get to the food court it will be a 10 minute plus walk. If you are cool with walking you will be really happy. If you dont like to hike a little you may be better off in Jamaica or Martinique. I love the resort been there 5 times. Just wanted to give you a heads up about the distance.

Post Thanks / Like

We have a rental car so I don't really care where the room is. But thank you.
    ~ * Liz * ~

Disney Bride - 11/10/11

Post Thanks / Like

I just received a pin code from Disney so I was able to upgrade us from ASMo to CBR for $13.92 for an extra 2 nights! I have never stayed here before and was looking for some advise! What to look forward to? Where to stay? What to avoid? Thanks!

I got that pin code, too, and just made my reservation tonight for CBR! I have never been there before, either, and I am really looking forward to it.
    Cindy

1981 Off Site WDW
    1983 Disneyland
    1997 Polynesian
    2000 Villas @ Disney Institute
    2000 Off Site
    2001 ASMusic
    2003 Coronado Springs
    2007 ASMusic
    2009 - Caribbean Beach
    October 2012 - My 40th birthday!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! I'll make sure to report back!
    ~ * Liz * ~

Disney Bride - 11/10/11

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We had a great time at CBR! We stayed in the Aruba Island and enjoyed our room, very clean and quiet. As others have mentioned, the grounds are beautiful, lush foilage, nice lake to look across at the other 'islands'. Even enjoyed the walk across the bridge to go to Old Port Royal to grab breakfast each morning.
    Don't know if you plan to use your rental car each day for the parks, we found the transportation via the bus system to be very good, especially to Epcot and DHS.
    Have a fantastic trip and we'll look for your reports!
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: