Quantcast Dark Kingdom - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dark Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing that, ransam. That was interesting. That must have been cool talking to an Imagineer. I don't believe any park is on the drawing board for any time soon. Although, Disney seems to change their minds on a weekly basis. It's fun just trying to keep up with the different rumors.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 5th Park?

According to Matt Hart at July171955.com, Disney is preparing a 5th theme park. He said that it is not Night Kingdom/Jungle Trek. It will be a real theme park. The only other thing that he would say is that it is not the Villain (Dark Kingdom) park either. He said that they have already done the research and have the plans drawn up. Bob Iger was there in Feb. to see the proposed site. I know that a lot of people will not believe this, but a moderator from another site said that Matt has a very reliable source within the company and this gives the story credibility. I'm assuming this will be a project for the future, during better economic times.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I don't doubt that they have some new park(s) in the works.

In fact, another site just today ran a story about Disney registering some domain names that sound theme park related ...

• DISNEYIMAGINATIONPARK.COM
    • DISNEYIMAGINATIONPARK.NET
    • DISNEYIMAGINATIONPARK.ORG
    • IMAGINATION-PARK.COM
    • IMAGINATION-PARK.NET
    • IMAGINATION-PARK.ORG
    • IMAGINATIONPARK.NET
    I don't, however, believe that it's going to be another full-blown theme park. It may also not even be in WDW. They've recently shown interest in building in other locales, so it could be some kind of smaller, niche-type park elsewhere in the U.S. .... or even overseas. Could be a new gate for Hong Kong, even.

Iger has been pretty clear that they don't plan on adding a new gate in WDW at any forseeable time in the future. And, unless it's some kind of niche, high-end, specialty-type park, I kinda think they'll stick to that.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure what form a new park would take, but according to Matt Hart's site, Iger was there in Feb. to inspect the proposed site. We'll just have to wait and see what happens...

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Supercali View Post
    I'm not sure what form a new park would take, but according to Matt Hart's site, Iger was there in Feb. to inspect the proposed site. We'll just have to wait and see what happens...
    "There" meaning ... ??

WDW?
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know who this "Matt Hart" is, but if that's his real name and the information he's spouting is real, I'm pretty sure Disney would be all over him with a 'cease and desist' order.

That being said I'd expect a new park in Shanghai before one EVER came to Florida.
    Visits: Too many to count!

College Programs: 3

What's next? We'll see...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Ian "there" meaning WDW. Next comment, as for Matt Hart, from what I understand he has a very good source within the Disney company and he is still standing by his story. I think that Disney may be playing it safe on this one. When they were considering Night Kingdom/Jungle Trek, Jim Hill ran with the story and other media followed his lead. There may very well be a "tell this and lose your job" order on this one. Disney is becoming more and more secretive. This may be Steve Job's influence. I don't think that secrets are that important in an entertainment company. This isn't national security we're talking about.

The Villains theme park that wdw execs will hopefully 1 day build
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that a Villain's 5th Gate would be too much, but perhaps and added land to MK or area to DHS. I also think Pixar Place is a waste of space. There is so much Pixar stuff spread aroung all the parks that we need something fresh and new. I also think that putting a Villains theme area in AK or EPCOT would completely undermine those parks themes. And why the heck did Disney not put Toy Story Mania near the Pizza Planet already established?!?!?!?!? Now we have technically 2 Pixar Places in 1 park!!!
    97'- Comfort Inn, Buena Vista
    99'- Courtyard, Downtown Disney
    00'- Marriott, World Center
    02'- Polynesian, Concierge
    03'- Yacht and Beach Club
    06'- Boardwalk
    07'- Coronado Springs
    08'- Boardwalk
    09'- Wilderness Lodge
    10'- Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still baffled why South America is basically not represented anywhere in Epcot or AK. You could add another land to AK with the Amazon and all of the amazing wildlife there is down there....oh, and the restaurants they could have! Brazillian BBQ! Mmmmmm....
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

lockedoutlogic Guest

until MGM...sorry...whatever it's now called...and AK can keep you occupied for a solid 8 hours....

I hope they never break ground on anything.

Since i've said it before, i'll just take the loose opportunity to state my demands

1. Expand the footprint of studios and add as much as two new themed lands (in the area of 6 attractions of varying categories), support services (i.e. FOOD) and such
    2. Add several new premier attractions to animal kingdom (i don't demand Beastly Kingdom as most do...but if they want to..go ahead) and add animal habitats. I know it's "nahtazu", but it still could use more animal interaction than you currently get - as only the walking trails really give you any kind of glimpse of the animals besides a quick ride by.
    3. Add one or two country pavilions to EPCOT (yes, Disney, you will have to PAY for at least part of them) to flesh it out a little more, raze imagination and start over, consider a replacement for Wonders of Life, and begin planning for the replacement of first UoE and second Test Track

...and i want a pony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    until MGM...sorry...whatever it's now called...and AK can keep you occupied for a solid 8 hours....

I hope they never break ground on anything.

Since i've said it before, i'll just take the loose opportunity to state my demands

1. Expand the footprint of studios and add as much as two new themed lands (in the area of 6 attractions of varying categories), support services (i.e. FOOD) and such
    2. Add several new premier attractions to animal kingdom (i don't demand Beastly Kingdom as most do...but if they want to..go ahead) and add animal habitats. I know it's "nahtazu", but it still could use more animal interaction than you currently get - as only the walking trails really give you any kind of glimpse of the animals besides a quick ride by.
    3. Add one or two country pavilions to EPCOT (yes, Disney, you will have to PAY for at least part of them) to flesh it out a little more, raze imagination and start over, consider a replacement for Wonders of Life, and begin planning for the replacement of first UoE and second Test Track

...and i want a pony
    Hey that all sounds good to me. I love Hollywood Studios.. or at least what there is of it. The countries are among my favorite things to interact with throughout all the park. Adding more to that area would be amazing!

Post Thanks / Like

when I was down there in April I talked to a cast member standing at the bridge where pleasure island was. I asked him what was going to happen there and he said that the PI area is on hold now because they have already cleared another site to begin building an adults only indoor park. He said that the ceiling will look like sky and change from day to night. Also that there are 4 sections to the "park" that are like four different parts of the world. the example he gave me was that one part would look like you were in venice Italy with the walls and ceilings looking like canals and buildings of venice. He said there would be adult themed rides and many bars and restaurants and that the themes inside this area would constantly change like one day it looks like Italy and the next it looks like New York. He likened it to the street in Las Vegas that is covered and has lights and videos of skys overhead. Lastly he said that it is massive in size, he either said it was equal to or bigger than all of downtown disney (which for indoors is ridiculous). my wife says that she heard him say something along the lines of it would cost a single fee of $250 to enter and all bars restauraunts etc. are included. I didn't hear that but reading other posts on this thread it sounds like that has been a rumor for a while.
    May 03 OKW Apr 14 BWV
    Apr 04 Pop. Oct 14 BWV
    Apr 06 Riverside
    Dec 08 BWV
    Apr 09 SSR
    Nov 09 BWV
    May 10 BCV
    Nov 10 BWV
    May 12 BCV
    Oct 12 BLT
    Apr 13 BWV
    Jun 13 AKL kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Cast members often try to see how creative they can be by making up rumors. However, although I haven't heard this indoor theme park rumor, it sounds similar to the Night Kingdom/Jungle Trek rumor from last year. With that one, people would pay up to $300 to roam about recreated parts of the world like South America and Africa and have close encounters with live animals. It was refered to as a niche park. It reportedly polled terribly with guests, something like only 1 in 8 approved of the idea. If the new rumor is true, they could be working on a new niche theme park idea, but I doubt it. Time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like

Could someone please talk me down? Another site had a post that said that the (in my view aweful) Night Kingdom/Jungle Trek may be announced soon. I thought that this project was dead because it polled so poorly. Anyone know what's up with it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phlo8810 View Post
    when I was down there in April I talked to a cast member standing at the bridge where pleasure island was. I asked him what was going to happen there and he said that the PI area is on hold now because they have already cleared another site to begin building an adults only indoor park. He said that the ceiling will look like sky and change from day to night. Also that there are 4 sections to the "park" that are like four different parts of the world. the example he gave me was that one part would look like you were in venice Italy with the walls and ceilings looking like canals and buildings of venice. He said there would be adult themed rides and many bars and restaurants and that the themes inside this area would constantly change like one day it looks like Italy and the next it looks like New York. He likened it to the street in Las Vegas that is covered and has lights and videos of skys overhead. Lastly he said that it is massive in size, he either said it was equal to or bigger than all of downtown disney (which for indoors is ridiculous). my wife says that she heard him say something along the lines of it would cost a single fee of $250 to enter and all bars restauraunts etc. are included. I didn't hear that but reading other posts on this thread it sounds like that has been a rumor for a while.
    I just can't see Disney making something that expensive secluded to only adults. May be a good idea for quick profit, but I don't think it'd be lasting profit. Disney is a family destination... it won't ever change from that.

Post Thanks / Like

As much as a fifth park sounds fun, Studios needs to expand. In addition, monorails to the other parks would be nice, although from the posts on here, it doesn't sound like it will ever happen.

Post Thanks / Like

I mentioned in an earlier post about a rumor that says that the niche park Night Kingdom/Jungle Trek may be announced soon. I found out from an informed source that this park is very, very dead - thank goodness. Although, I have heard on another site that WDW's 5th park will be the next major park project after Shanghai Disneyland. According to this source, the theme hasn't been decided on, yet. Apparently, they are examining different proposals.

Post Thanks / Like

I mentioned in an earlier post about a rumor that says that the niche park Night Kingdom/Jungle Trek may be announced soon. I found out from an informed source that this park is very, very dead - thank goodness. Although, I have heard on another site that WDW's 5th park will be the next major park project after Shanghai Disneyland. According to this source, the theme hasn't been decided on, yet. Apparently, they are examining different proposals.
    I hope this 5th gate comes well after some life is given to HS and AK beyond what is already there. It'd be a shame to have all this good imagineering put into place in a new gate instead of adding on to what they have.

Post Thanks / Like

While I agree that Disney should make an addition to DHS and AK, as those parks are seriously lacking in content, what's to stop Disney from saying, hmm. We have people already paying $80 a day for 4 parks in their present state, why wouldn't people pay another $80 to check out another park? I agree it doesn't seem likely but never underestimate the power of the almighty dollar.

I think a Villans area added to DHS would be a great addition. They don't have to be all animated Villans. They could add it on around beside the ToT, as the Hotel itself is technically a villan.

I don't really think a Beastly Kingdom would be all that great at animal kingdom, I would like to see as someone mentioned a South America section featuring the Animals there. There are some fantastic animals in the Rainforest down there.

I do think a Fantasy creature section would be nice, but not as a whole strange area. They are Fantasy creatures and trying to keep the Fantasy with all the facts that Animal Kingdom presents about animals might be confusing to some smaller children.
    șoș Lizzy șoș

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

Children aren't confused by Mickey and friends at AK, so I don't think that a section themed around dragons and unicorns would confuse them any more. The theme of AK is something like animals that have been, are, and have never been. So, mythical animals would fit that description. I'm not sure that creatures such as dragons will be in the new proposed land for DAK. I believe it may be animals that Imagineers invent - like undiscovered animals. - A villain section could be cool at DHS, but I'm not sure that they have enough land to do the theme right. The "villain park" which I believe is called Dark Kingdom, isn't just about villains. It's supposedly about the darker elements of Disney films. It would reportedly be for older kids and adults, but I'm sure that they would have things for younger children. This is just one of the park concepts that they've considered over the years.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: