Quantcast Six Flags Seeks Chapt. 11 Bankruptcy Protection

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Post Six Flags Seeks Chapt. 11 Bankruptcy Protection

Six Flags Seeks Chapt. 11 Bankruptcy Protection

Six Flags seeks Chapt. 11 bankruptcy protection, says it needs to shed $1.8 billion in debt

NEW YORK June 13, 2009 (AP)
    The Associated Press

The amusement park company Six Flags is seeking Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, saying it needs to reorganize and shed $1.8 billion of debt.
    Mark Shapiro, the New York-based company's chief executive officer, says the move won't affect the operation of its 20 theme parks in the U.S., Mexico and Canada.

Six Flags says it actually had a great year in 2008. It saw 25 million visitors and posted record revenues. But executives are trying to lighten a $2.4 billion debt load that they say is unsustainable.
    Saturday's bankruptcy filing came after an earlier plan to negotiate an out-of-court deal with creditors failed.
    Six Flags shares have traded below $1 since September. They closed at 26 cents on Friday.
    Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
    Chris
    Last Trip: SSR 02/2009 (Just wife & I)
    Next Trip: AKV 08/2009 Savanah View
    DVC Members Since 2004
    Annual Passholders
    1970's - Present Many Trips To WDW & DL!
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sure the increase in attendance has a lot to do with people staying close to home during this economy rather than traveling... I, for one, enjoy Great Adventure here in NJ... But, something tells me you will see an eventual sale or closure of some of their least profitable and more expensive parks to run...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I was planning on taking a trip to Six Flags New England this summer but this news makes me wonder what they could be cutting back on in the parks...........
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merlinmagic4 View Post
    I was planning on taking a trip to Six Flags New England this summer but this news makes me wonder what they could be cutting back on in the parks...........
    From what I know, nothing.. They are actually investing money into a lot of parks.. Doing refurbs on some of their coasters, changing the themes.. You know, investing money to make the rides better...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    From what I know, nothing.. They are actually investing money into a lot of parks.. Doing refurbs on some of their coasters, changing the themes.. You know, investing money to make the rides better...
    Oh, good! I always worry about things like ride maintenance on those big coasters. Freaks me out a bit.....glad to know they are still spending money on improving things.
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merlinmagic4 View Post
    Oh, good! I always worry about things like ride maintenance on those big coasters. Freaks me out a bit.....glad to know they are still spending money on improving things.
    Medusa in Great Adventure NJ was changed to Bizarro (The evil Superman)... In Magic Mountain, Terminator Salvation is open, complete with FIRE!!!!!! The coaster sounds awesome...

Post Thanks / Like

Here at six flags new England The Superman Coaster was also changed to Bizarro (The evil Superman) and this was complete with fire and giant Jacob Ladders ( lightning bolt machines) and they are having a huge advertising blitz here in Mass about how it goes 77 mph.
    Two Tiny Wings,
    Eyes BIG and Yellow,Horns of a Steer,
    But a lovable Fellow! From Head to Tail,
    He's a Royal Purple Pigment And then Voila!
    You got a Figment
    The Dreamfinder

Dixie Landings-1997
    ASMo-2001
    All Star Sports-2008
    ASMu Family Suites-2009
    Beach Club-2011
    ASMo 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyWFan View Post
    Here at six flags new England The Superman Coaster was also changed to Bizarro (The evil Superman) and this was complete with fire and giant Jacob Ladders ( lightning bolt machines) and they are having a huge advertising blitz here in Mass about how it goes 77 mph.
    I believe fire and pyro was added to Bizarro here in NJ too... I haven't been to GA yet to check it out though... The Six Flags commercials here are featuring Bizarro ina big way too...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: