Quantcast Cell phones have replaced camera flashes - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

we went to an outdoor concert last weekend..got out there spread our blankets out, and just chilled until the show started...the people behind us kept talking and talking and talking....all through the first 3 or 4 songs...the sound wasn't loud, and we were in the back so these people were definitly interupting the show...my friend got up and moved down a few feet down the lawn...my gf and i didin't really want to move..i was about to say something rude, and my gf could tell i was mad...and she stopped me and turned around and very very very politely said "excuse me, I don't know how to say this w/o coming out sounding rude, but we've been looking forward to this show all week and would really like to hear it."...they quickly apologized and we watched the rest of the show in peace.

In the same way..don't get mad at people..don't let rude people ruin your trip. just very politely ask tell them how it's ruining your ride....most people at Disney are in a happy mood anyway, and will probably stop. if they don't, then just smile and ignore them...then when the ride ends, and you're geting off, tell a CM so the rude people can hear what happened and would they mind if you rode it again so you can actually enjoy it. Hopefully the people getting on the ride for your second trip will have heard what you said, and they will take the hint.
    Just a suggestion.

but by all means...it's Disney!! don't let anything ruin your vacation.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iheartdisney View Post
    No. It is not OK! Ever! Although, I DO like the "sing louder" advice....love it, actually! I think I'm going to try this our next visit. And I'd like to enlist all of your help, as well! We could start a SCPVCDDR (Stop Cell Phones Video Cameras During Dark Rides) Movement!
    Ok can we throw something else into that movement? The when the CM says go all the way to the end of the aisle you actually have to do it! More than once I had people sit in the middle and not move. I spoke up each time telling them they had to go all the way to the end and more than once these people refused to get up! I was so mad that we all had to jump over them because they thought they were special and didnt' have to obey the rules!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

well i'm sorry to say but i have to disagree and i know that i'm going to get slammed but this is (IMHO) just like everyone else. as long as WDW allows filming and picture taking then there is nothing that we can say about it, yes we can talk to the that particular person to see if they can stop, but that can backfire as well (remember the fight at the tea cups between those two women because they thought that they cut the line) i know a bunch of other things are far more inconsiderate, like obnoxious kids that really ruin dark rides with there crying and screaming and parents letting them do whatever they want without doing anything, me and dw went on Its a small world ride and there was this family with kids and they did nothing but cry and scream the whole ride, and the parents sat there on there behinds and did nothing about it, to me this is more of a problem, we went to go see fantasmic and it was our first time and yet again another family with wild kids that made it so bad we had to go back and see the second show, because as you know the first show is always jammed. these are just 2 examples of things that can more inconsiderate.

VIctor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lightyearfan View Post
    well i'm sorry to say but i have to disagree and i know that i'm going to get slammed but this is (IMHO) just like everyone else. as long as WDW allows filming and picture taking then there is nothing that we can say about it, yes we can talk to the that particular person to see if they can stop, but that can backfire as well (remember the fight at the tea cups between those two women because they thought that they cut the line)
    VIctor
    The thing is Disney allows pictures, but they do not allow flashes or any type of video lighting on their dark rides. A brightly light cell screen would fall into that category if you ask me.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
    The thing is Disney allows pictures, but they do not allow flashes or any type of video lighting on their dark rides. A brightly light cell screen would fall into that category if you ask me.
    yes true and when me and dw take pics or vid we always make sure that there is no flash and vid, there are also allot of foreigners who don't understand anyhting and this could be a problem too.
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    In the same way..don't get mad at people..don't let rude people ruin your trip. just very politely ask tell them how it's ruining your ride....most people at Disney are in a happy mood anyway, and will probably stop. if they don't, then just smile and ignore them...then when the ride ends, and you're geting off, tell a CM so the rude people can hear what happened and would they mind if you rode it again so you can actually enjoy it. Hopefully the people getting on the ride for your second trip will have heard what you said, and they will take the hint.
    Just a suggestion.

but by all means...it's Disney!! don't let anything ruin your vacation.
    Well said!!
    April

Remy: You gotta taste this! This is... oh, it's got this kind of... mmm, it's burny, it's melty... it's not really a smoky taste. It's kind of like a certain... Pshah! It's got like this " Ba-boom! Zap!" kind of taste. Dont you think? What would you call that flavor?
    Emile: Lightningy?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: