Quantcast MCO area hotel

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: MCO area hotel

Post Thanks / Like

Default MCO area hotel

Arriving kinda late 920pm(kids will have been in school all day).... want to stay somewhere close to MCO. will probably rent a car that night and drive to port next day. Two questions.... where to stay near MCO(like very close... not sure if Hyatt is worth the $200+) and are rental car agencies open late ???? as you can tell I haven't rented a car in 20 years. Thanks
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The car rental agencies are open late (and don't get sucked into paying for the extra insurance at the counter).

There are a few ways to lower the cost of staying at the Hyatt (you really can't get more convenient than the Hyatt): they offer an advance purchase discount on their site (go to the Hyatt site, click on "Specials & Packages" on the top menu, then select the "Hyatt Special Offers" tab. "Advance Purchase Discount" (of 15%) is just a bit down the page, and you can book a stay up until December 30, 2009, booking at least three weeks in advance.

You can also purchase a "stay certificate;" the MCO is a "choice" level certificate which runs for $135 per certificate. The link to purchase the certificates is at the bottom of the home page (right hand column) under "Gifts and Products." I would call the hotel just to be sure that you book a reservation for the night you need and use a certificate for the stay.

Good luck! The cruise is an amazing vacation and staying at the Hyatt would be a great way to kick it off (and I bet the kids will always remember staying there and mention it every time you go past the hotel).
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed there the night before our last cruise and it was definitely worth the money. Not only is it a pretty cool hotel with an amazing restaurant with a perfect view of the planes taking off and landing, but the convenience of just putting out your luggage the night before and then not seeing it again until it's delivered to your stateroom is a welcome perk.
    Next time we cruise, we'll definitely be staying there again the night before...
    Rob
    WDW Trips - Too many to list due to sig file character count limit! :(

Most Recent Cruise: DCL 7-day Western Caribbean Cruise - 12/29/07 - 01/05/08 - New Year's Eve at Sea! Woo Hoo!

Most Recent WDW Trip: 5-day stay at Old Key West 12/6/12 - 12/10/12

dizneefan67 Guest

Default Car Rental Hours

I know that AVIS car rental is open 24 hours at MCO! and I know from reading things on sites that there are different hotels around so basically its your choice!

Have a great Time!

Will

Post Thanks / Like

If you'd like to know how to use hotwire or priceline to get the Hyatt a LOT cheaper, PM me and I'll send you how to do that.

I am staying at the Residence Inn, but considered staying at La Qunita (book on line its cheaper). Both have a shuttle to and from the airport,and both have very good reviews.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

I know if you shop around and look for discount codes for Hyatt you might find one you can use. It's VERY nice. We really loved it and it was so easy. I know when we stayed there last summer we managed to secure a rate of $99 for one night. Supposedly they have a concierge that's supposed to check your bags for you but...we checked our own.

Take note that if you rent a car for only one day...you could easily spend $50 to $75. They usually give you a "discount" for weekend or full week rate but the "sock it to you" for a ONE day rental...so you may end up paying for just as much to stay in a cheaper hotel, rent a car and pay for "topping off the tank" and paying all the rental cars STUPID fees...(sorry...it seems like rental cars are adding fees these days because "Mrs Baird bakes bread on Wednesdays" and the "Save the Squirrel" act...rent a car for $50 and pay $20 in fees not including insurance)
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I've been able to get some great overnight car rental rates through uPromise (which is a great site for college savings if you're an online shopper like me).
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the Hyatt after arriving late and it was worth every penny. Soooooooo easy after a long day and so quick. We were in our room 15 mins after landing at the airport!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: