Quantcast Family Bath Houses

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Family Bath Houses

My uncle wants to take his two kids, DS 13 and DD 7, to Fort Wilderness in their pop-up. He asked me if there were family bath houses since he feels uncomfotable letting his 7 year old daughter go into the bath house on her own. Last time we went to Fort Wilderness we didn't have kids so we weren't paying much attention. Are there family bath houses on any loops? If not, have any other single parents figured out a way to deal with this?

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not recall any in Fort Wilderness.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

They are so close and the camps are so quiet I cant imagine not letting a 7 yr old go by herself. That is a very independent age. My daughter was running to the bathroom herself at 5 and I felt fine about it. I feel Disney is very safe and there aren't any dangerous wildlife in the park, so I would rest assured that allowing your daughter to use the restroom to shower and potty will be just fine. I was doing so, when I was quite young at campgrounds that were NOT disney.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

I understand his concern, but I really do not see a problem. Still, suggest that he request the 2000 loop in FW. It is the only loop two comfort stations, making all the sites that much closer. While he is at it, he could a;so ask to be placed in a site near a comfort station. I hope they have a great trip
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

At other campgrounds I have sat outside while my son went in the men's bath house. I can see who goes in and who comes out. And he can call for me if he needs me. I also ask him if he is okay every few minutes.

I would feel even safer with my daughter going into a women's bathroom.

I agree that FW seems safe, BUT you can never be too careful!
    1973 FW(in mom's womb)1974-1994 too many! FW1997,1998, 2000 WL Jan.2001, CS June 2001, FW 2002, 2004, July 2005-No Kids!, CS Nov 2005 Free Lady Emily Trip, AM May 2006, FW Dec-Jan 2006-2007, FW June 2009, House off site 2012, FW Spring Break 2013, FW Spring Break 2016, Staybridge 2018 No kids! AP

Post Thanks / Like

Sitting outside is a good idea and if you request a site near the comfort station, they really do try to accomodate.
    Disney Institute December 1999
    Ft. Wilderness June 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006-December 2007
    Caribbean Beach January 2008
    Port Orleans Riverside - January 2009
    Pop Century January 2007, December 2009, November 2010
    Pop CenturyOctober 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by casey@bat View Post
    At other campgrounds I have sat outside while my son went in the men's bath house. I can see who goes in and who comes out. And he can call for me if he needs me. I also ask him if he is okay every few minutes.

I would feel even safer with my daughter going into a women's bathroom.

I agree that FW seems safe, BUT you can never be too careful!

Totally agree. Just sit outside. We have never felt uncomfortable at FtW. 99.99% of the people there are good family folks. Of course not everyone is and its why vigalence is needed for younger kids. Try making friends with a neighboring female camper who might have also have a young DD. I am betting that someone nice would keep an eye out for you.

Post Thanks / Like

On our very first trip to Disney World (I won't reveal how many years ago! ) , we drove down with our 7 year old daughter and a tent. Let's just say it was long enough ago that sites like this did not exist. I read what I could and prepared as best as I could. Having a few years of camping experience behind us and knowing that it can sometimes be a hike to the facilities, I requested a site "as close as possible" to the rest rooms. I still expected that we'd have to walk a bit to get there. Imagine my surprise when we were assigned a site that was, not only within sight of the rest room, but directly across the road from it! I could sit in my camp site and have a rest room that was probably only 60 feet from our tent and always in our sight!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice. I will pass it on to my uncle.

I know that FW is pretty safe, but even at Disney you can get some crazies. Plus it will be my uncle's first vacation with the kids since his divorce, so he is just a little more protective.

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

You should do whatever you feel comfortable. If you would rather err on the side of caution and bring your daughter in the men's side of the comfort station, then just do it. If people don't understand your ideals, then who cares? It's a whole lot better than the unspeakable happening...isn't it?

If it were me, I would just have my 9 yr old not look as we walk to the shower stalls and put her in one alone and tell her that when she is finished, she is to wait until I tell her it's ok to come out. Once she finished showering she could towel off, get dressed, brush hair while in the stall etc. She would never beat me anyway though. If she needed to go to the washroom (restroom) only, then I would take her to the comfort station and wait outside the main door while she goes in the ladies room. I would even possibly let her go by herself and keep an eye on the time etc. It all depends on the day I guess.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: