Quantcast The Tonight Show with Conan O'brien

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Tonight Show with Conan O'brien

Quote Originally Posted by Variety
    Conan O'Brien off to a strong start
    'Tonight Show' tops latenight, primetime ratings

By RICK KISSELL

Conan O'Brien's premiere on NBC's hallowed "The Tonight Show" produced the show's best Monday overnight rating in four years, standing as the evening's top-rated program -- latenight or primetime.

Three nights after Jay Leno averaged a monster 8.8 household rating/20 share in Nielsen's metered-market overnights, "The Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien" bowed with a 7.1 rating/17 share. The rating represents an 82% improvement over the second-quarter average of "Tonight" (3.9) in the nation's 56 biggest markets.

This is the best Monday delivery for "The Tonight Show" since a January 2005 telecast featuring a special tribute to Johnny Carson. And it ranks as the seventh-highest Monday for the program since Leno took over "Tonight" in 1992.

I've been a fan of Conan O'Brien for a long time. I was never a fan of Jay Leno, and can probably count on one had the Tonight Shows I watched from beginning to end, with him hosting. I started watching Johnny Carson when I was 10 years old, and was luckly to watch the last half of his career. I was really hoping Letterman would have got the show back then, but at least he was over on CBS. I thought Conan's first show was very good. Conan knows how to work the recorded pieces into the show, without the entire show coming to a sceeching halt. That's something Jimmy Fallon still needs to work on. I'm glad I can start watching entire Tonight Shows again, and not just to see certain guest stars.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

We enjoyed it, but we've been BIG Conan fans for a while now (at least since high school)...funny thing, though...I kept telling DH to turn off the TV because it was "already SO late!" I'm still used to him being on later!! LOL

25 magical trips and counting...
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    1986 Tampa
    Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    December 2013 Contemporary
    Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Dec 2013 Boardwalk
    PROUD member of the Disney ParksMoms Panel!

*these postings are my own and do not reflect Disney's postions/opinions*

Post Thanks / Like

I have it on TiVo ad will watch it when I get home. Hey Chris did they keep the same writers or are they using the Tonight Show staff? Some of Conan's stuff was pretty lame, I am hoping with the earlier time slot they will get some more $$ to throw at the script!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I have also been a Conan fan for a while now. Some of his humor is quirky and I'm sure it will need to be tweaked for the larger audience. I only watched the opening monologue and the lead up to the first guest before I fell asleep last night. I loved the bit he did with the tram car. Classic Conan. I agree though that some of the writing can be lame... Some of his best stuff in recent years was actually when the writers went on strike and he was forced to go back on air.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched it on Hulu just now and it was hilarious. It's funny how many glowing comments he made about the set (compared to how many negative ones he had about the one back in ny).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    I have it on TiVo ad will watch it when I get home. Hey Chris did they keep the same writers or are they using the Tonight Show staff? Some of Conan's stuff was pretty lame, I am hoping with the earlier time slot they will get some more $$ to throw at the script!
    I did watch the last Tonight Show with Jay, and Conan said that they brought almost all of their people out to LA, so I would guess that would be the writing staff as well.
    Chris °O°

Post Thanks / Like

I can't stand Conan and I will not watch the Tonight show any more. I liked Leno and sorry to see him go. Guess I will just go to bed early.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRobin View Post
    I can't stand Conan and I will not watch the Tonight show any more. I liked Leno and sorry to see him go. Guess I will just go to bed early.
    For those Jay fans he's only gone till the fall. He will be back on at 10pm EST. every night with a new show.
    Chris °O°

Post Thanks / Like

I loved watching Jay Leno and will miss him. I have never really watched Conan though but my fiance thinkis he is really funny
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post
    For those Jay fans he's only gone till the fall. He will be back on at 10pm EST. every night with a new show.
    That's good to know. I loved Jay on the Tonight Show. Never really cared for Conan and his humor...too dorky for me.
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Conan is so quirky and that is why I like him. I have not seen the Tonight Show since he took over, though. I could not tolerate Leno and I abhor Letterman. I think he is totally without class.

Hope to catch Conan soon. Maybe I can this summer.
    Disney Institute December 1999
    Ft. Wilderness June 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006-December 2007
    Caribbean Beach January 2008
    Port Orleans Riverside - January 2009
    Pop Century January 2007, December 2009, November 2010
    Pop CenturyOctober 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Well, 7 months later, who's side are you on?

I loved Johnny, then I loved Jay up and until about the time Battle of the Jaywalk All-stars and "Ross the Intern" both became regulars on his show. Then I was very excited to see Jay depart to make way for Conan, even though I worried Conan's humor may not catch on at 11:30 (or make it past the censors). But now I am absolutely shocked that Jay has turned out to have this huge ego that is stopping him from handing over the reigns with the dignity he has always appeared to have had in the past.

No matter what happens, I will never watch Leno again, ever. I can't believe he is going to run Conan out of town like this. I could believe big wigs at NBC would do this, but not Jay.

Turn It In JAY!
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Jay Leno is under contract with NBC for big bucks and so is Conan ... the network holds the keys to the show line-up. Its funny that pretty much everyone knew that this was a mistake in the first place -- taking up a whole hour of prime time for a show that hasn't really been good since Johnny Carson retired? Weird.

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

Team Conan here!

I wonder if Leno realizes how bad this is making him look - he could walk away if he wanted to.

Denise
    '72 & '76 FW
    '88 Off Site
    '98 Dixie Landings
    '00 Treehouse Villas
    '02 & '03 POR
    '04 & '05 WL
    '06 & '07 POR
    '07 WL
    '09 POR
    '11 AKL
    '13 WL
    Next Up: Jan '15 WL

Post Thanks / Like

I love Conan. We usually watch the Daily Show at that time, but I still really like Conan. Never liked Jay. Now I like Jay less and Conan even more. It's a sorry situation. Jay said for years that he was retiring, which allowed NBC to offer the Tonight Show chair to Conan and they have just strung him along. I thought giving Jay the 10 pm slot was bad enough. Jay is looking bad through all this. He should just retire.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    No matter what happens, I will never watch Leno again, ever. I can't believe he is going to run Conan out of town like this. I could believe big wigs at NBC would do this, but not Jay.

Turn It In JAY!
    I couldn't agree more! I'm firmly on team Conan. I've been a big fan of his since he started hosting Late Night, and I was really happy to see him move to The Tonight Show. I've never been a big Leno fan, and now I am even less of one. I agree that this whole thing is making him look really bad to the American public. Since it was his show that got cancelled and not Conan's, shouldn't Leno be the one to hit the road? I think the position they have put Conan in is awful, but I'm glad to see he's sticking to his guns about not moving the Tonight Show to a different time. If he ends up leaving NBC and going to a new network, I think he'll be taking a whole lot of fans with him.
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

I just read that Conan stepped down because he doesn't want the Tonight show to be pushed back into the later slot and he said its not fair to Jimmy Falon as that would all but cancel his show. I think its very good of him to be this considerate ... its sad to think that Jay Leno -- one of the biggest hacks in show business is so full of himself that he won't step down -- the world was fine when it thought he was going away entirely.

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

It really is a soap opera. Oh, and for the record, I'm with "Coco"
    Conan did not step down exactly, but he said he will not do the Tonight Show if it is pushed back to 12. Now TMZ is reporting a new deal was inked with Jay to hand 11:35-12:35 back to Jay, leaving Conan as the odd man out.

Everyone is blaming Zucker for kicking Leno out when he was number 1 in the ratings, but Leno was the one saying he wanted to retire. It was announced over 5 years ago that this would happen... and as the time got closer Jay and the network panicked. In doing so, they messed things up with the affiliates and got themselves into this mess. Everyone said from the beginning that bumping prime time programming for The Jay Leno Show would be bad. Local news is suffering and the affiliates ha rebelled, forcing NBC's hand. Because less people were now watching the NBC local news shows, that also hurt Conan's numbers. He never really had a chance.

I hope that Leno's ratings tank and that Conan ends up going to Fox and succeeding.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

The report has Conan's last day as next Friday. I'm not sure if that's just a rumor or it's true, but I hope he's getting a huge severance package and/or the freedom to accept new offers.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    The report has Conan's last day as next Friday. I'm not sure if that's just a rumor or it's true, but I hope he's getting a huge severance package and/or the freedom to accept new offers.
    Yes, rumors are saying depending on contract language, Zucker thinks he can freeze him out for 3 years... but Conan is prepping to sue for breach of contract and he is represented by Ari Emmanuel so we shall see....
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: