Quantcast Susan Boyle

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Susan Boyle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Susan Boyle

First of all, after all the coverage she received worldwide, I was SHOCKED she lost 'Britain's Got Talent'. Maybe some of our friends across the pond can shed some light on how that happened. Was it the bad publicity in the week leading up to the finale?

And now there are reports she's been admitted to the hospital for exhaustion. You know, I think this may have happened even if she'd won. Poor thing just doesn't seem like she's able to handle all this.
    Last edited by Melanie; 06-01-2009 at 02:12 AM.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Many of us over here are baffled as to how she did not win

I am not surprised that she has been admitted for exhaustion, I feel very sorry for her as the press and photographers really do not leave her alone
    Sequoia Lodge @ DLP 2002,2003,2004,2005,2006 & 2015
    Hotel New York @ DLP 2007,2008 & 2010
    Newport Bay @ DLP 2014
    All Star Movies @ WDW 2006
    Pop Century @ WDW 2007
    Port Orleans FQ @ WDW 2009, 2011, 2013 & 2015

Post Thanks / Like

If she had won she would have been tied into the prize but if she didn't a certain judge with the initials od SC can sign her up to any contract he wishes and make more money.

Of course this is just my own horribly cynical opinion
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

I would think that it's because she isn't an outstanding singer. The initial hype was created because she doesn't have the type of looks usually associated with modern performers. IMO if she was "attractive" then she would not have even reached the final. The clever editing and media manipulation by the TV company is simply to generate additional interest in the show.

I wish her all the very best with her recovery and I wish her all the best with a career in performing should she wish to pursue it.
    Past trips
    1980 - DisneyWorld somewhere ;)
    2000 - Disney's All Stars
    2005 - Honeymoon @ POP Century
    2008 - POFQ

Man I need to get there more often

Post Thanks / Like

It was the usual job with our press .
    They built up this poor simple woman up and then at the very last week they turned on her making her into some sort of a monster . Very sad ,she didnt deserve that sort of treatment .When the annoucements were being read out you could she ,she was in utter turmoil and when she found out she came second it looked like she was so happy that it was all over.

The press are saying that it was a voters backlash etc ...
    Whatever happens to her now i just hope she finds peace of mind
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I don't watch these programmes but as it's always front page news and headlining all internet news sites it's all become unavoidable. Which is the whole point in my opinion.

These shows are all about ratings. I say again that this is my opinion but I believe many of these sort of shows are staged and scripted to a certain degree.

I have seen her original audition when this dowdy woman came on stage to the unavoidable sniggering. Yes she sang reasonably well but it really showed how bad the judges are at acting as the looks of surprise were so false.

We have gone through weeks of all this over exposure and hype. Front page news. World wide exposure.

It all worked as the final got a record amount of viewers and then the twist in the tail when someone else won the contest.

She has become a pawn in the Simon Cowell network and she will be exploited to the highest degree. Ok she's probably going to make millions out of it but will she really be able to cope or be happy.

I believe in my very cynical view that this whole thing has been staged from start to finish and the whole world has fallen for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Reservoir Dog View Post
    I believe in my very cynical view that this whole thing has been staged from start to finish and the whole world has fallen for it.
    Well there is at least one person that didn't

And I don't think that you are being cynical at all. The editing of these programs is transparent. It is quite clear from start to finish that they are manipulating the events to meet their own requirements.
    Past trips
    1980 - DisneyWorld somewhere ;)
    2000 - Disney's All Stars
    2005 - Honeymoon @ POP Century
    2008 - POFQ

Man I need to get there more often

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVED Susan Boyle and I will be one of the first in line to buy her CD when it comes out.

America's Top Model (I only watch it "occasionally" ) is in absolutely no comparison to BGT but...There was one thing on one of the seasons I saw...the judges had a very tough decision between a couple of girls. One was probably a bit more "photogenic" than the other BUT she just did not handle "stress" well. I don't know if that's a consideration or not among the BGT judges. Maybe they felt that Ms Boyle was going to be a success on her own but...she needed things to slow down a bit.

I don't know the Queen of England...I've never even been to England (but oh boy oh boy would I LOVE to)...HOWEVER...the Queen seems like the type of lady who would be more the type of person who would enjoy Ms Boyle's singing than modern Hip Hop. Don't get me wrong I'm sure she would love BOTH but she just seems that she would appreciate "classical" stuff.

HOWEVER...many preformers have preformed for the Queen and not just BGT winners. Hopefully she'll still get her chance once things settle down a little. Who knows. Maybe the Queen will ask for her "personally"...that would probably honor Ms Boyle even more than getting an opportunity to sing because she won a contest.

This may sound silly but I think Ms Boyle has done more for the world than she knows. It's more than just her singing. She showed a lot of people in only ONE song how "superficial" we've been as a world.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER View Post
    It was the usual job with our press .
    They built up this poor simple woman up and then at the very last week they turned on her making her into some sort of a monster . Very sad ,she didnt deserve that sort of treatment .When the annoucements were being read out you could she ,she was in utter turmoil and when she found out she came second it looked like she was so happy that it was all over.

The press are saying that it was a voters backlash etc ...
    Whatever happens to her now i just hope she finds peace of mind
    Based on what I heard, I would have to say that I agree with this. Although I obviously didn't get to watch the show, I was surprised to hear Meredith Viera (who was covering it for The Today Show here in the U.S.) say that when the judges were praising Ms. Boyle after her performance in the finale that there were people actually booing. Is that true? Apparently after weeks of publicity, people were not all gung-ho about her winning the competition. Personally, I think it's hard to have a show with such a broad spectrum of talent. A show specifically for dancers, one for singers, etc. makes sense, but to lump all these different acts together seems rather unfair to all the performers.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I just watched Diversity on youtube, hoping to see an act that was superior to Susan Boyle. All I can say is I don't get it. They were awful! Their act made no sense. What was with the Superman halloween costume? They would have been eliminated in the first round on America's got Talent. Susan Boyle deserved to win.Well, hopefully she will have some Jennifer Hudson-type luck. She will most likely be a big star and this Diversity mess will fade into oblivion. And no, I can't believe the Queen would have any interest in watching them. And, by the way, Andrew Lloyd Webber already said he wanted her in one of his shows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDog View Post
    Ok, I just watched Diversity on youtube, hoping to see an act that was superior to Susan Boyle. All I can say is I don't get it. They were awful! Their act made no sense. What was with the Superman halloween costume? They would have been eliminated in the first round on America's got Talent. Susan Boyle deserved to win.Well, hopefully she will have some Jennifer Hudson-type luck. She will most likely be a big star and this Diversity mess will fade into oblivion. And no, I can't believe the Queen would have any interest in watching them. And, by the way, Andrew Lloyd Webber already said he wanted her in one of his shows.
    I must agree with you. Boyle totally deserved to win. I think it was messed up that Diversity won. Susan displayed real talent, singing. If Diversity wants to be famous then they should be on "America's Best Dance Crew."
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arielfan98 View Post
    I must agree with you. Boyle totally deserved to win. I think it was messed up that Diversity won. Susan displayed real talent, singing. If Diversity wants to be famous then they should be on "America's Best Dance Crew."
    I don't think it's fair to say that dancing is any less qualified as talent then singing. I just don't see how they can be judged in the same show. I think Diversity was incredibly talented -- but how is that talent marketable? I don't think Susan Boyle was the best singer, and to be honest she has very little chance of being a recording artist ... he could barely handle 4 weeks of fame.

Either way, I agree with Beth, they should have separate shows for singers/dancers.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I heard someone say that maybe why she didn't win was all the over-the-top international publicity on her and the voters decided to vote for someone else. Pierce also said that she will have an album anyway whether she won or lost and that was what she wanted. I thought it was weird that there was so much publicity about her and no one else on the show and as others have said, no one had even heard about the group that won. I think you are right, it was done for the ratings and she got the bad end of the deal. If she gets her singing career, that is all she wanted anyway. I, too, will be one of the first to buy her record. She has a wonderful voice.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    I, too, will be one of the first to buy her record. She has a wonderful voice.
    HA HA...You might have to fight me for it because "I" wanted to be the first in line for her album...

Actually I see her making an album and it will be a strong seller. NORMAL people (which I belive she is)...will make enough money on a single sell of an album. If she makes a couple of million off the album...she and her family will be likely to be set for life as long as someone doesn't take advantage of her. I'm hoping that her brother will help her out of love.

I think she has a marvelous voice but I don't know if she'll be the type who will want to continue the "fame" forever...She might just make her mark, an album and live comfortably off the proceeds. We can only wait and see.

Funny thing...I have an urge to hug her and tell her I'm proud of her and to be strong.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: