Quantcast DHS Rope Drop Strategy

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default DHS Rope Drop Strategy

I haven't been to DHS since TSM opened, so what is the new strategy?

I always went from rope drop straight to ToT and got FP and then got in line for RnRC, then over to ToT and got FP for either RnRC or ToT as soon as I could get the next.

Now it sounds like I need to go straigt to TSM and get FP and then get in line so how should I work in getting over to ToT for FP? I can always do single rider for RnRC.
    Summer 1978 - off site
    July 2000 - CBR
    May 2001 - PoR & AKL
    Dec 2002 - WL
    Apr 2003 - ASs
    Feb 2004 - Poly
    May 2005 - ASs
    June 2006 - ASs
    June 2008 - Pop
    June 2010 - PoR
    May 2012 - Hilton Garden Inn
    June 2014 - Floridays Resort
    December 2014 - CBR
    March 2015 - Swan
    June 2015 - Pop

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rope drop at DHS

We went late August last year, and were there 30" before rope drop, had to wait outside of the gates for the 30", then had to wait inside for them to do a little opening show...at that point, people were pushing and shoving, and it was really hot and muggy. When the show was over, it was unbelieveable!! People were running like a herd of bulls straight to TSM....and I am not exaggerating "running". We got FP for TSM and then went in stand by too, and then on to RNRC, and TOT. No wait at either RNRC or TOT.
    Good luck!
    Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me

Post Thanks / Like

I would advise that you go to TSM first thing and get a FP. They do have a single rider line that you can use later. I would then go to ToT and RnRC.

It is fun but I don't get what all the hype is about. It is basically the same as Buzz over at MK. The main difference being that TSM is 3D.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
    It is fun but I don't get what all the hype is about. It is basically the same as Buzz over at MK. The main difference being that TSM is 3D.
    I would tend to disagree...I thinkg that TSM is much better. I am not great at aiming and playing games like these, and when we went on both of these a couple of weeks ago, TSM was much more pleasurable because I could actually track my shots and know when I hit or missed a target. On Buzz I can't even tell where my laser pinpoint is. It is basically like closing your eyes and pulling the trigger on the little guns. TSM is better, hands down.
    Sorry I don't have any advice for the rope drop strategy....we chose to sleep in later this trip and didn't get anywhere for rope drop except the morning of our ADR at Donald's Safari breakfast. But it sounds like FP from TSM first thing would be your best bet! Good luck!
    Disney BORN & BRED!

71-78 FL resident, MANY visits!
    78-79 CM@MK
    85&90-offsite
    94-SOG
    01&05-Band trips-offsite
    May08-1st visit 4 our spec DS! POFQ
    MAY09-POFQ-DD's college grad!
    POFQ/MNSSHP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

I have also heard that the single rider line on TSM is closed for a while (I am bummed) so don't count on that...
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

I would head straight for TSM. We loved it so much we rode twice in a row. We like Buzz Lightyear, too, and this is similar but really not at all the same experience. I think they did it much better with TSM, so fun. Worth noting that the line moves quickly, and it's a fascinating queue. I wouldn't miss it. Also worth noting that sometimes the Fastpass line is as long as or longer than the standby.

After TSM, head for ToT and RnRC. I'm not sure if we were just lucky, but the wait for both ToT and RnRC were around twenty minutes or less until well past noon. TSM was by far the bigger draw and the wait time started at 20 minutes and just kept climbing fast.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

TSM is similar to Soarin at EPCOT. It is a major attraction that isn't really intense thrill ride. A huge spectrum of people enjoy the attraction. The FP run out fairly quickly so get in two rides early on. Standby first then grab a FP after your first ride it should be around Noon or so during average to above average crowd days. Obviously slow times and extreme times can have an impact on that. TOT and RNC will still have manageable Stand by lines when you get over there after TSM.
    "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions"

Post Thanks / Like

I would head for TSM. We were there last friday 5/22 as the park opened, slightly after the rope drop. We went to get a fastpass right away, and the line for fastpasses went all the way to Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Our fastpass was for 11:40-12:40AM.

Our bus driver said that they run out of fastpasses at 10AM...though we did see at around 1pm that day that there were still some available for 7:30-8:30PM, so that may not be the most accurate...
    Off-Site - 86, 90, 94, 99, 01, 03, Jan 04, Jul 04, May 05, Dec 05
    96 Polynesian
    May 04, Nov 10 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 04, Apr 05, Jan 06, May 09, Oct 15 Coronado Springs
    Dec 04, Dec 13 Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct 05, Nov 07 Caribbean Beach
    Oct 12 Bay Lake Towers

Next trip - ??

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: