Quantcast Do you think Michael Vick will play in the NFL in the near future ?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Do you think Michael Vick will play in the NFL in the near future ?

Just been getting scraps of news concerning Michael Vick possibly making a comeback ...

As you guys are nearer closer to the news . Whats the mood and feeling on this ??...

Personally i hope not .... and i will hold my head in shame if the Raiders take him
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope al of the NFL reject his returning.
    May & Oct 2015
    Dec 2014 Oct 2013
    Oct 2012 Dec 2011 Oct 2010
    Apr & Nov 2009
    May & Oct 2008
    Oct 2007 Oct 2006 Oct 2005
    Mar & Oct 2004
    Oct 2003
    Feb & Oct 2002
    Sep 2000 Dec 1999 Oct 1998 Sep 1997

Post Thanks / Like

Default yes

yes yes he will, no doubt about it

and he deserves a chance to play

before you go what is this guy talking about, first take the emotions for what he did out of the equasion for a second

1. he has paid his debt to society
    2. he has talent
    3. he can help an NFL team all be it peobally not as a full time QB

ok, back to the emotion, If Vick does not deserve a second chance, then why are guys like Leonard Little able to play in the NFL, he killed a person if you do not remember????
    Now that I brought that back up, you see where Vick has paid his debt and he deserves a chance to provide for his family, they threw the book at Vick, no doubt, no other person in the US has ever been sent to federal prison for dog fighting, and you can't tell me that Vicks crew was the first to ever get busted

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conwayjohn71 View Post
    they threw the book at Vick, no doubt, no other person in the US has ever been sent to federal prison for dog fighting, and you can't tell me that Vicks crew was the first to ever get busted
    Really? I have no idea, but is this really true?

Post Thanks / Like

I hope not. (But he most likely will). You can't take the emotions out of the equation. This is what guides us in right or wrong.
    6/11 DCL Med
    5/11 DCL & Port Bay
    10/10 SOG
    6/10 Regal Sun
    5/2010 AKL
    6/09 POFQ
    2/09 OKW
    10/08 AS Movies
    7/07 Pop
    12/06 C Beach
    3/06 POFQ
    3/05 C Springs
    3/04 POP
    3/03 SOG
    4/02 Contemp
    3/01 SOG
    3/00 AS Music
    6/99 SOG
    5/98 Best Western LBV

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of those tricky subjects. Some people will see this as he's paid his debt and deserves a second chance but others will see it as "well, Michael Vick commited a crime, went to jail, and still came out smelling like a rose". I feel that because he's someone who's highly in the public eye and a supposed to be a role model for our children that he shouldn't be able to play again but unfortunately it's all about the money and winning so I'm betting someone will at least invite him for a visit / training camp.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say it we need to stop looking towards athletes as role models. Some can be but most are just nto role model material these days. They are greedy money hungry people who feel they can do whatever they want because of who they are.

As for Vick he will be back in NFL a team will be willing to take a chance on him for his talent.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Last year.....Out

This year.....Doubtful

Next year....Questionable

Ever..........Probable
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I mean people are free to choose what to do. I am sick of the NFLs "we can do what we want" attitute both from the league as a whole and the players. I canceled my NFL Sunday ticket because I just have little interest in watching that stuff any more.

I guess Michael Vick paid his debt to society and it wouldn't be wrong to take him back. Acceptance is based on if people will tolerate it and generate money for the NFL or hurt the NFL. Just look at the slap on the wrist the Cheatriots got a few years ago. I mean you cheat to win and get rewarded. That really turned me off to the game. Adding Michael Vick back or not will be based on opinion polls and whatever is most financially beneficial to the league. It will not be about morals.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

...Vick has paid his debt and he deserves a chance to provide for his family, ...
    Why can't he provide for his family doing something else, like construction? My father did.
    ...they threw the book at Vick, no doubt, no other person in the US has ever been sent to federal prison for dog fighting, ...
    I'm not sure, but I believe the reason it was a federal crime was because it had something to do with moving the dogs between different states, or something like that.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

What if it were a crime against a human? Attempted murder, rape- would it then be OK for a team to rehire him?
    As someone who has helped to rescue and rehab a pitbull puppy who was on the streets and clearly abused, I hope with all my heart that no team takes him back. What they do to these dogs is beyond shameful. I'm not saying the man shouldn't get a job anywhere, but he doesn't deserve to be able to play in the NFL, in my opinion.

As for Leonard Little, he was drunk driving and speeding. He didn't go out that night and say "I'm going to murder someone." I also think that drunk driving is still a serious crime and I don't think I personally would've given him another chance, though. Just because there is precedent, doesn't make it right.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

In follow-up to my last post. Personally, I don't want to see him back in the NFL. I own a Pit mix and she is a sweetheart. She is always happy unless she is scared. I don't even want to think about his actions any more as it upsets me. The NFL has an interesting situation on its hands. I mean, he has done his time, but the choices the NFL makes will influence people like me either to be more disgusted with the league's direction or to try and give them another chance at watching it.

What do people think if Michael Vick gave his whole year's salary to animal protective organizations to prove he is reformed and free public service announcements in a very public way about how wrong he was? I MIGHT in that case want to give him another chance if he proved he was reformed and made a mistake and feels bad about it. What do others think?
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donald A View Post

What do people think if Michael Vick gave his whole year's salary to animal protective organizations to prove he is reformed and free public service announcements in a very public way about how wrong he was? I MIGHT in that case want to give him another chance if he proved he was reformed and made a mistake and feels bad about it. What do others think?
    I think this is a very good idea
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donald A View Post
    ... and free public service announcements in a very public way about how wrong he was?
    Apparently, you've never heard him speak in public.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

The sad thing is there are FAR, FAR worse things that have been done by professional sportsmen who are still playing.

What he did remains closer to stupid and ignorant, than evil and unforgivable.

I consider drink driving/DBDD/Assault far more serious crimes and the sort of thing which should result in lifetime bans - not something like Vick did and has paid his debt for.
    I've got a dirty thumb.

The People of Anandapur and the Royal Anandapur Wildlife and Forestry Authority trust you will enjoy your walk and ask that you respect and honor these lovely creatures with behavior appropriate for peaceful co-existence.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just glad that he won't be coming back to the Falcons, and Arthur Blank is smart enough not to even entertain the idea of keeping him.

As far as him going to another team, I'm sure that one team out there is going to take the risk and get him, whether they put him in as a QB or some variation of the wildcat formation. He'll definitely be on some team eventually, it's just the question of how long Roger Goodell will keep him suspended and which team he will land in.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    What if it were a crime against a human? Attempted murder, rape- would it then be OK for a team to rehire him?
    As someone who has helped to rescue and rehab a pitbull puppy who was on the streets and clearly abused, I hope with all my heart that no team takes him back. What they do to these dogs is beyond shameful. I'm not saying the man shouldn't get a job anywhere, but he doesn't deserve to be able to play in the NFL, in my opinion.
    Absolutely what I feel.... and

Quote Originally Posted by Rhetoric2000 View Post
    The sad thing is there are FAR, FAR worse things that have been done by professional sportsmen who are still playing.

What he did remains closer to stupid and ignorant, than evil and unforgivable.

I consider drink driving/DBDD/Assault far more serious crimes and the sort of thing which should result in lifetime bans - not something like Vick did and has paid his debt for.
    WOW, this type of comment is exactly why I'm so passionate about this issue. Dog fighting and the type of life that these animals were forced to lead is not important to most people. I think that if you were to spend some time with the animals that he tortured and saw the conditions they were exposed to you might have a different opinion.

I won't say alot because this issue absolutely infuriates me and I could really get nasty, but I will say that in this society people matter more than animals and there's something fundamentally wrong with that. Secondly, whether he ends up back in the NFL is not that important to me because as I mentioned before animals don't matter so people will accept him back as a NFL player without any problem, I have no doubt about that. Lastly, all I can hope is that there's a special place you know where for Michael Vick and when he gets there they'll be a mean, nasty, rabid dog waiting for him!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I hate to say it we need to stop looking towards athletes as role models. Some can be but most are just nto role model material these days. They are greedy money hungry people who feel they can do whatever they want because of who they are.
    Regardless of whether they SHOULD be role models, athletes always have been and always will be people that others, especially children, look up to. I still see plenty of kids wearing Atlanta Falcons/Michael Vick jerseys - and I think that's just a sad statement of the world today.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER View Post
    Just been getting scraps of news concerning Michael Vick possibly making a comeback ...

As you guys are nearer closer to the news . Whats the mood and feeling on this ??...

Personally i hope not .... and i will hold my head in shame if the Raiders take him
    Really? If history shows us anything the Raiders are a likely destination. Lets see Raiders, Cowboys, or Ravens, all three franchises seem to be the forgiving types

Personally he paid his debt, case closed.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

Rhetoric2000, have you actually seen some of the dogs that were rescued from his house? What was done to them is pretty darn unforgivable in my book.

DonaldA, If he were to donate a large chunk of his salary to animal rescue causes, I would be much more inclined to support his return.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: