Quantcast Washington D.C. Hotels

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Washington D.C. Hotels

We are going to visit D.C. this summer and are looking for a hotel that is close to everything. Anyone have any suggestions for or against any particular hotels.
    Any info would be helpful.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending on your price point, the JW Marriott is walking distance from the Mall (thus the White House, the museums, the Capitol...). However, it is not cheap.

Another great option is the Wardman Park Marriott. This hotel is closer to Rock Creek Park and the zoo. It is actually only about a 10 minute walk from the National zoo and sits right on top of the Metro line (DC's subway).

Both are great hotels (and no, I am not a schill for Marriott)
    *1972-Contemporary
    *1982-Tree House Village
    *1987-Offsite
    *1997-AS Music
    *2000-CS
    *2004-Offsite
    *2005-Disneyland
    *2006-WL
    *2007-AS Sports
    *2008-AKV/WLV/BCV and 4-day Disney Wonder
    *2009-POP/AKV
    *2009-OKW for Christmas
    *2010-BLT
    *2011-Spring Break: Offsite-Sheraton Vistana
    *2011-OKW/BWV

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at a Holiday Inn on Thomas Circle. It was just a quick walk from a subway station and very reasonably priced. It's not particularly near anything but, like I said, not real far from the subway.
    Disneyland 91
    Caribbean Beach 02
    Aulani 23
    ASMu 03
    ASSp 04 05 06 07 15 16 17
    Boardwalk 22
    POP 04 05 06 08 09 10 11 13 14 15 20 21 22
    Kidani Village 18
    Grand Floridian 18
    Polynesian 19 23
    Saratoga Springs 20
    Old Key West 20
    Wonder 08 10 12 17 18 19
    Magic 22
    Dream 13
    Fantasy 15

Post Thanks / Like

D.C. has too many beautiful hotels to stay in commercial chains. Try the Quincy. It used to be Lincoln Suites. I have not been there since the name change but it was fantastic. Close to the Metro, close to great restuarants/pubs - including the Tale of the Whale (amazing!) - and warm cookies and milk every night. Have fun!

The Quincy

9-1983 - Fort WIlderness Campground in an RV

10-1988 - Off property

1991 - Off property

12-1999 - All-Star Movies

03-2003 - Port Orleans - Riverside

12-2009 - Coronado Springs

I look forward to my next trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Default washington dc hotel

I've stayed several times at the Phoenix Park hotel across from Union Station. It's within walking distance to the Capitol, Supreme Court, Library of Congress and the Smithsonian museums.
    There's an Irish pub/restaurant downstairs w/entertainment.
    Union Sta. has nice restaurants as well as a food court with a wonderful selection or eateries at modest prices. Also the tour trolley is just outside the door and you can hop on and off at all the must see sites.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the Embassy Suites near Dupont Circle/Georgetown last year. We are a family of six and need a suite to accommodate all of us. We had plenty of room and a full breakfast was included every morning (pretty much anything you might want for breakfast was there). We were close to a metro stop and could walk to the Georgetown restaurants (lots of great places to choose from). The metro makes it very easy to get around. There was a Marriott right across the street, also. That would likely be less expensive if you don't have more than 4 in your party. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back from a trip where business and pleasure was combined. Business dictated that we stay at the Holiday Inn Capital. It is close to the Metro and 1 1/2 blocks from the Air and Space Museum. The only thing good about it is just that. Otherwise, over-priced and we found no restaurants within walking distance. Last year the same trip required staying at the Hyatt Regency on New Jersey Avenue. It is walking distance to Union Station and several good restaurants and I walked to the Mall. It is expensive also but I found that all DC hotels are.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at a nice Homewood Suites that was about 3 blocks from the Metro station. We got a hot breakfast everyday, and they also had a "dinner" thing each night although we didn't partake of that very often.

If we go again, I would likely stay in the Georgetown area as it has metro access, and has many restaurants in that area. It's not close to the museums and such, but with the metro, it doesn't really matter.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Wow thanks guys for all the great suggestions. When DH and I talked about the trip and he said he wished he knew someone who could give good suggestions I told him I knew the best place for info.
    Thanks again!
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRWDisney View Post
    Another great option is the Wardman Park Marriott. This hotel is closer to Rock Creek Park and the zoo. It is actually only about a 10 minute walk from the National zoo and sits right on top of the Metro line (DC's subway).

Both are great hotels (and no, I am not a schill for Marriott)
    I love the Wardman Park Marriott. I'll be there for a conference for the second time this summer. But if you're looking for something close to most DC attractions, this isn't the one I would choose. It is close to the zoo and a few other things, as well as the Metro line-- but it's not convenient if you're really hoping to be close enough to walk to most DC attractions.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

good info. to know ! thanks
    1994 french quarter-port orleans
    2002 all star movies
    2003 all star movies
    2004 wilderness lodge
    2005 french quarter/disney wonder
    2007 polynesian ( cancelled )
    2008 wilderness lodge
    2010 polynesian
    2012 disney dream

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Alexandria Virginia.

It was PERFECT. The room was soooooo comfortable the service was EXCELLENT and it was only about $100 a night which was a BARGIN for that area in the summer. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else.

They had a shuttle that took you to the metro (you really don't want to drive around DC if you can avoid it). The metro stops at the zoo and the Smithsonian and several other places (I've never used anything like this before...I should have studied it a little better because it seemed to pop up everywhere...we could have saved a lot of walking).

We pretty much walked all over the place but...I understand there's a shuttle you can get that will take you all around that's very WORTH the money (our feet felt like they were going to fall off after a while).

As things shut down you can get on the metro and give the Hampton a call and the shuttle will be there within 10 minutes to come and pick you up. Alexandria and "old town" which is very nice to visit too. Lots of places to eat. They even have a boat that will take you around too.

At the time we were there the Hampton was a little difficult to get to because there was lots of construction (2 years ago) but once we were there I didn't bother with my car again till it was time to go home. It sure saved me a LOT of hassle.

Williamsburg wasn't too far away...about an hour or so. It's nice to visit too.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thrillme View Post
    We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Alexandria Virginia.

SNIP

Williamsburg wasn't too far away...about an hour or so. It's nice to visit too.
    Whoa! What kind of car do you drive? A DeLorean with a flux capacitor? That's a 150 mile trip.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: