Quantcast Is this line jumping? - Page 9

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by satchel01 View Post
    We are talking about Disney though and I'm sure they don't want to make a big scene. It's understandable that they'd want to make everyone happy and that's why so many people get away with it there (which is ironic because 1 line jumper can make a whole lot of people UNhappy).
    This is one of the most frustrating things about Disney to me. There are people that work the system and are ready to pitch a fit to get what they want or think they deserve and Disney condones it by trying to pacify the situation instead of enforcing a policy that is fair to everyone.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by civilmousefan View Post
    I have also been in line where people passed by me to join their friends or family. When at WDW I am on vacation and want to be able to relax and have a good time. Therefore, I generally don't give it another thought, as I don't want to spoil my vacation. I also don't want to be in the position of passing judgement on others actions - as they may have very good reasons for the line jumping.
    We just returned from a trip to WDW. We were waiting in line for Barnstormer - not a priority attraction to most, but it's one of my boys favorites. The wait was 15 minutes - not bad. There was a family ahead of us and a boy (single rider) ahead of them. One of the single boys family members joined him so he let the other family (the one ahead of us) go ahead of him. No big deal. But then, another family member joined him, and then another and then another. When all was said and done 12 (!?!?!) people were now between me and my sons and the family that we were originally behind. I kid you not, 12 people in his "family" that he was holding a place for. They practically filled an entire coaster because many of the adults wanted to ride single. It was ridiculous. I know I posted earlier that holding a place for someone who was in the bathroom, etc. was no big deal to me. But this incident is line jumping at it's finest. I'm oh so curious as to what their "very good reason" for this kind of line jumping could be!

Post Thanks / Like

That's exactly why I say it's not a black and white issue. 12 people, obviously working the system. One or two taking a potty-break, no big deal.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Second Star to the Right, and Straight on til Morning!

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to a representative from WDW this morning. While he admitted there is a gray area, Disney’s official stance is line jumping is not allowed. He gave the example of a family just getting into a line and one of the children has to use the restroom. He stated that Disney is lenient when it comes to that situation. The other situation when a couple of people try to meet up with others who have been waiting in line for an hour without them the CM’s should not allow this to take place. Mostly he said guests at Disney should be courteous to others.

I stated what I had done earlier in a post. Since Disney’s official position would not allow me to wait in one line, while my family is meeting a character or riding another ride. I will never do this again. Nor, will I cry foul when I see this taking place. In many cases I do not think it is a big deal. Now the dead horse may be put to rest!
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FaithTrustPixieDust View Post
    Weeeeellll.....that's just cruel....much worse that line jumping...

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

I personally don't think it's line jumping.
    I also don't have an issue with anybody leaving the line to go to the bathroom, get a drink or whatever they need to do to make themselves comfortable.
    I have no problem if someone is tired and cranky and needs to wait in the shade until their party gets up to the entrance.
    I have no problem if there is a single parent in line right in front of me or behind me, if they have a kid who needs to go to the bathroom/get a drink or get out of the sun for a few minutes, I will tell them go ahead, I 'll save your spot.
    I do not have any right to ask you for evidence that you did indeed go to the bathroom, nor do you have any right to ask me.
    I prefer to look at this as spreading a little pixie dust on someone elses day.

I do not know someones medical history, bladder size, heat index meltdown etc.
    If you have a kid having a melt down in line I personally would prefer you get out, get them cooled off, calmed down and then join back up. You would be doing all of us a favor rather than making the kid stay in line screaming and makin everyone miserable.

If you try to stop me from passing you to join back up with my family, then we have an issue, who died and made you the gate keeper?

Will people jump lines just to be jerks Absolutely!!!!
    Unless I KNOW for sure that you are line jumping I would prefer to think that you had a reason for rejoining your group.
    If 12 people tried to jump the line then it would be an issue.
    I think everyone should relax, take a breather, and stop thinking the world is out to get you.
    Not just at Disney but all throughout your life.
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

I hate it when people jump in line and then get upset at you if anything is said. We were in line for The Land and an elderly couple was in front of us...all of a sudden this man and several family members started cutting in front of us. I said geez how many of you are there and he replied "10", I said this is ridiculous and you all should have waited and came in together that this is cutting and not right at all!
    One of the men replied well we tried to stay together but it just didn't happen.
    The 10 people that cut in front of us were several kids probably ages 7 and up to teens and some younger adults. You really think that this couple that looked like they were in their 80's rushed ahead of them !?!? Give me a break!!!!! It was just rude! and of course they gave me dirty looks the whole time we were in line because I said something to them! Ha!
    If it was one or two people that is different (sometimes people get separated from people rushing into the lines or maybe they left to go to the bathroom) but a whole group of people....just rude and uncalled for!
    Magic is everywhere if you know where to look!

Visiting Disneyland since 1969 & Walt Disney World since 1994!

Disney Fan since birth!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: