Quantcast How Trashy Do You Let Your Room Get? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I need to keep organized on our trips. (home too!)..its like swimming upstream with the kids though..they leave a trail in their path. Flip flop kicked to the right! The other to the left. Bathing suits are searched out, and park clothes tossed. I hate it. I try so hard to keep things in check and my kids work against me. They have gotten better with age though.. I like to keep things as neat as I can on our trips. The room can feel awfully small otherwise, and I also just have the basic need of living in a neat enviornment. DH is the same as me, so we are a neat team on our trips!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't stand living in a mess so our hotel rooms are always as neat as we keep our house. I don't make the beds, but I do make sure that all pillows and blankets and comforters (we take comforters off to sleep) are neatly placed on the bed on our way out. I also tend to wipe down the tables and counter tops everyday. It seems that some of the mousekeepers aren't taught to wipe down surfaces really well. My kids usually end up with so many toys and stuffed animals that by the end of our trip its really hard to keep everything in check so the neater everything is the easier it is to keep track of everything.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

On previous vacations we used a large fabric laundry bag, but got one of those folding hampers about 10 yrs ago. I think we may have worn out or broken and replaced them more than once.
    We try to keep all of our personal toiletries neat.
    We do not leave any major trash anywhere,or our clothes and shoes strewn all over. Used towels get neatly piled in a corner.
    The table usually becomes a receptacle for brochures, and the various trinkets we buy.
    Believe me, we are about as far from being neat freaks as you can get, but at the same time we do try not to be total slobs, either.
    The rooms are confining enough without having to step over anything.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Talking We clean our room

I have a confession. We do not let the maid into clean. We clean everything our selves. Don't assume we don't give the mousekeeper a tip, cause we do. She leaves us fresh towels, toilet paper, cups, shampoo, soap, and takes our trash and used towels. So we leave everything very neat and clean. It looks like no one was ever in the room. We also wipe every surface with clorox wipes as well.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

I don't make the bed but I always neaten up before leaving the room. I would be embarassed to have everything just strewn around everywhere!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Talking P.S. I forgot something

We also re-make the beds.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Septbride2002 View Post
    I can't stand to live in a messy house so the same goes for a hotel room.... I'm thinking this year about taking a foldup laundry hamper with us - it only cost $5.00 at Walmart and it folds flat. That way we can throw our dirty clothes in it all week and not just keep throwing it in a suitcase on the floor.

~Amanda
    Mess makes me crazy. I can't think. So we neaten, too.

As for the "hamper" I empty a suitcase of clean clothes and put them in the drawers (usually the kids clothes and yes, I wipe down the inside of the drawers first) then I put the empty suitcase in the closet, upright with the zipper open part-way. As we have dirty clothes I just stuff them in the suitcase-hamper. No need to bring anything extra! As other suitcases empty, more hampers!

Post Thanks / Like

I try to keep my room as neat as possible. I put the dirty clothes in the empty suitcase, which is in the closet. I put the dirty towels in a pile on the bathroom floor. I do put the receipts, maps etc on the table too so that looks kind of messy by the end of the trip. I can't sleep if the place is a mess! But I too draw the line at actually making the bed. I throw all my trash into the trash basket.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We always keep our hotel room neat. Not only do we prefer a clean, organized environment, but I too would be embarrassed if the Mousekeepers came in to our room and it was a mess!

Soarin' to tower: We are ready for takeoff!

1986 - Royal Plaza
    1987 - Disney Inn (Now SOG)
    1990 - CR
    1993 - POFQ
    1994, 1997 - Travelodge (now Best Western LBV)
    2001, 2002 - WL
    2004 - GF
    2007 - POR
    2008 - CSR
    2009 - Pop/Poly
    2010 - VWL
    2011 - Cruise on the Dream

Post Thanks / Like

we clean up befor we leave room. the top of the dresser and the table become a catch all. we just kind of pull covers over bed so its not to messy but we do not leave anything on floor for mousekeeping to walk around. I like the idea of a haning organizer to put all the toiletries.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    The only thing left even slightly messy is the bed because one of the best things about being on vacation is that someone else makes the bed!
    That is one of the things that is going to stink about staying DVC this year. I have to make the beds! UGH! I hate making the beds at home (although I do everyday) but on vacation is even worse!

Quote Originally Posted by GottaLvDisney View Post
    We bought a travel hamper before our last trip and I loved it, although I think I'll need two this time.
    I bring a three part travel folding hamper I found online. I am a bit obsessive about my laundry and this way I can separate our laundry into lights, darks, and handwash (there are 6 of us so lots of laundry)! They also have them in two sections. I found them online MUCH cheaper!

Quote Originally Posted by Mousemates View Post
    in the future please refrain from looking in my room when you walk by ...our clutter needs it's privacy.
    I must confess I too look!

Quote Originally Posted by Hull-onian View Post
    I have a confession. We do not let the maid into clean. We clean everything our selves. . . So we leave everything very neat and clean. It looks like no one was ever in the room. We also wipe every surface with clorox wipes as well.
    Okay not touching this one! LOL! Only teasing!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone notice that no one has replied "I leave my room a huge mess!"? LOL!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

The top of the entertainment center becomes our catch-all, and this time we brought gallon sized ziplocks for that stuff. It helped a lot! We kept receipts in one and used others for small stuff like pressed coins, pins, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

We keep it neat and organized. That way we don't stand the risk of leaving anything behind. And the rooms are too small at the ASResorts to leave them a total mess.
    ROBERT

PROUD FATHER OF A DAUGHTER FIGHTING AND BEATING LEUKEMIA. PROUD FATHER OF A GREAT SON EXCELLING IN ALL HE DOES. PROUD HUSBAND OF THE BEST AND MOST SUPPORTIVE WIFE A MAN COULD HAVE.

HURRICANE KATRINA SURVIVOR

Post Thanks / Like

We straighten up and pull the covers up. I don't make the bed or take out the trash. I do use the drawers and an empty suitcase for dirty laundry. I put all the trash in the cans and the wet towels in the tub.

I can not sleep in an unamde bed. If I get home ten minutes before I go to bed I will remake it. The best thing about staying in a hotel is coming "home" to a freshly made bed and a clean bathroom.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

We're messy, I have to admit. We won't leave stuff all over -I'll take a giant ziploc for dirty clothes and I use a door-hanger show organizer for our toiletries, but I don't make beds or worry about the table and dresser.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by biodtl View Post
    We're messy, I have to admit. We won't leave stuff all over -I'll take a giant ziploc for dirty clothes and I use a door-hanger show organizer for our toiletries, but I don't make beds or worry about the table and dresser.
    I wouldn't call that messy at all. I would call clothes strewn all over the place messy. Anyone with a door hanger for organization is exempt from the messy category! LOL!

I forgot about the shoe organizer! That is a tip I got on here a couple years ago and LOVE it!!!! We bought a clear over the door shoe hanger and put all our toilettries in it (clear so you can see what is in all the pockets)! It realy takes care of the clutter around the bathroom area and makes life a lot easier!

Post Thanks / Like

We always leave the room neat when we leave, including piling the towels up together and pulling the covers back over the beds.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I have total OCD when it comes to cleanliness so our room looks as if no one has ever stepped foot into it. We utilize the bureau for our clothes, the closet for other items and we place our luggage in to closet and put our dirty clothes in there each day. Also, everthing goes into the trash that belongs there and the rest is nice and neat on the desk.

I know what you are all thinking, "his poor wife". Yeah, the woman is a saint, but she is also as neat as they come so we work well together.

The kids on the other hand................

Jay

Post Thanks / Like

I can't stand it when things are messy so I always keep things neat. I keep the dirty clothes in a seperate drawer and have all the suitcases neatly stored. I also make the beds. Any empty soda cans etc. are put in their proper bins. There have been times that you would never know someone was staying in the room. OCD isn't always a bad thing!
    Future Trips 11/15 BLT, 2/16 AKV,Poly/DCL, 4/16 AKV/DCL, 7/16 OKW

AP Holder
    DVC - OKW, AKV, HHI, BLT & VGF

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: