My 14 y/o cousin is now in a lock-down unit of a psychiatric hospital. Yea, not good.

He has Asperger's syndrome (a form of Autism) and he's a nice kid, but he was failing out of high school. So, he got called down to see his guidance counselor. The counselor berated him (or at least that's what my cousin felt the counselor was doing) and my cousin made a sarcastic comment about how he should "just kill himself." Next thing you know, he's in an ambulance being carted off to the hospital. Then the hospital sent him away (they don't treat "trouble teens") so he had to get back in the ambulance and be brought oer to where he is now.

They put him on an anti-depressant and he was doing really well. They even released him and sent him back to school. But then one of the idiotic jocks had to pick on him... Apparently this kid said "Hey, want to be my friend?," inviting my cousin to have lunch with him, and my cousin eagerly accepted. But when he arrived in the cafeteria, this jock and his buddies started harassing my cousin and making fun of him. And now he's back in the psych ward.

I hate teenagers... I really do... (No offense to anyone who is or has a teen... but I even hated teens when I was a teen... just, teens in general)

Anyway... now I'm done venting. Prayers and pixie dust for my cousin and his parents are most appreciated.