Quantcast interesting rumor - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Run Fantasmic nightly, 2 shows a night like usual, and I betcha no guest has a "bad experience."
    Actually, my bad experience happened when they were doing exactly that. So pay up.

I totally agree that if the show was cancelled there would be huge outcry, and you are right that we have already seen evidence of this with the cutbacks. Not from me though.

I also agree with another poster that if they placed another e-ticket at that dead end, it would be a disaster. Just witness the area when Fantasmic lets out.
    JR
    '86 Ramada Inn somewhere in Orlando :P
    '95 All Star Sports
    '00 All Star Music
    '03 Fort Wilderness
    '06 Fort Wilderness
    '07 Animal Kingdom Lodge

'09 Fort Wilderness
    '12 All Star Movies
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Fort Wilderness
    '15 Fort Wilderness

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I will say the following about this rumor:

1. Another poster mentioned that CMs are typically the last to hear about this stuff. They are dead-on with that remark. I was a CM in both the front-line and corporate/marketing side and can safely say that every CM (particularly front-liners) think they have the scoop, but they usually don't. For example, I had a friend who worked at a WDW restaraunt. Some imagineers were eating there, and one left behind some notepad or something. The notepad was full of all of these changes to the parks that made it sound like were imminent. One of these was turning DAK into Disney's Lion Kingdom, and theming EVERYTHING there around the lion king. Needless to say this NEVER happened haha.
    2. From a logistical standpoint, it would be a terrible idea, and probably not feasible, to put a new e or d ticket attraction where F! is. Think about the traffic issues already caused by RnR and ToT being right next to one another.
    3. Considering the fact that the site was designed specifically for F!, including all electric wiring, water, facilities, etc etc, it wouldn't be feasible from a cost standpoint to gut it and replace it.
    4. There is money being put into F! at DL to update it.

I would suspect you will see similar improvements/upgrades at WDW's F! as you are seeing at DL's F! I think the show is in need of a facelift, but can't imagine disney gutting and replacing. That would cost more than simple upgrades to F! IMO.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws View Post
    I will say the following about this rumor:

1. Another poster mentioned that CMs are typically the last to hear about this stuff. They are dead-on with that remark. I was a CM in both the front-line and corporate/marketing side and can safely say that every CM (particularly front-liners) think they have the scoop, but they usually don't. For example, I had a friend who worked at a WDW restaraunt. Some imagineers were eating there, and one left behind some notepad or something. The notepad was full of all of these changes to the parks that made it sound like were imminent. One of these was turning DAK into Disney's Lion Kingdom, and theming EVERYTHING there around the lion king. Needless to say this NEVER happened haha.
    2. From a logistical standpoint, it would be a terrible idea, and probably not feasible, to put a new e or d ticket attraction where F! is. Think about the traffic issues already caused by RnR and ToT being right next to one another.
    3. Considering the fact that the site was designed specifically for F!, including all electric wiring, water, facilities, etc etc, it wouldn't be feasible from a cost standpoint to gut it and replace it.
    4. There is money being put into F! at DL to update it.

I would suspect you will see similar improvements/upgrades at WDW's F! as you are seeing at DL's F! I think the show is in need of a facelift, but can't imagine disney gutting and replacing. That would cost more than simple upgrades to F! IMO.
    DL's Fantasmic is getting a new snake/dragon, correct? Give it some time and it will make it's way to Orlando as well. There is also a rumor that the hat was soon to be taken down. This came out of the 20th celebration for DHS. In fact, the imagineers alluded to it. IF, and I stress IF, Fantasmic goes away, and Sorcery in the Sky returns, removing the hat makes sense since it will block the view of some of the fireworks.

But, answer me this: When Pixar Place was constructed, wasn't the cannons for the fireworks for Sorcery in the Sky removed?
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    DL's Fantasmic is getting a new snake/dragon, correct? Give it some time and it will make it's way to Orlando as well. .
    Yeah DL's F! is getting a new dragon that looks like the SB dragon rather than a modified piece of construction equipment like WDWs! They are also getting a rather large animatronic tick-tock croc for the PP scene, and two large animatronic floating Floatsum and Jetsum figures. I believe they are also getting HD projectors for the water projection scenes, which are supposed to really make the projections pop and be crystal clear.

I can almost guarantee you that you will see updates similar to these come to WDW soon.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting rumour, and half-way feasible. Fantasmic is somewhat of a hassle to get in and out of, and it's not the greatest show of the night time spectaculars. I wouldn't mind seeing it scrapped for a new attraction. The question is, what attraction are they considering?
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I understand that some people love it, but I wouldn't miss it all. I would certainly welcome a big new attraction that would use the space all day long.

from Ian
    Personally, I find Fantasmic the most overrated, boring, pointless half hour I've ever spent in my entire life.
    I'm not sure it's that bad, but I would be ok if it went away.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    I understand that some people love it, but I wouldn't miss it all. I would certainly welcome a big new attraction that would use the space all day long.

from Ian

I think Ian hit the nail on the head. WDW's version is but a poor attempt to recreate the wonder of DL's Fantasmic. WDW's is bound by being in a built ampitheater, while DL's can make full use of the Rivers of America, the Columbia, and Tom Sawyer Island.
    SteveL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I think Ian hit the nail on the head. WDW's version is but a poor attempt to recreate the wonder of DL's Fantasmic. WDW's is bound by being in a built ampitheater, while DL's can make full use of the Rivers of America, the Columbia, and Tom Sawyer Island.
    I don't necessarily think that the built amphitheater is its biggest problem. I think the crowding and seating issues are a bigger problem. No other night-time spectacular has this kind of set up where it's limited to just so many or few. It creates unnecessary tension and stress for guests when they have to wait in that line, then scramble to find good seats. It's just not a show that's accessible to all guests in the park.

Another issue this show has always had, is it's somewhat inferior in it's story line. If you've seen the one at DL, you'll agree that it's much better, but it's not because of the location, it's the story.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    from Ian
    Actually, I soft-pedaled how bad I think it is.

I mean really ... why in the world would I wait in line 2 stinkin' hours for the privilege of sitting on rock hard, cold metal benches and watching movies that I've already seen being projected onto spraying water (thus making them hard to see), and then being sprayed by said water just enough to make me slightly cold and damp????

Even the other elements are dull. The fireworks are generic and low tech, the "story" is as predictable and uninteresting as you can get, and to top it all off you have to watch it crammed in with a million other people just as irritated as you are.

Worst show ever!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The smart thing to do would be to build tower seating to basically double the occupancy and improve the traffic flow. Fantasmic is a very popular show as evidenced by the crowds and the outcry when showings were reduced. I took a group to WDW several years ago and there were several members who had never been. They loved the show and I remember one guy in particular standing, clapping and yelling at shows end, he loved it and still comments about it to this day. That is the magic of disney that I love and has me addicted. We really enjoy the show and catch it almost every time we are there. If they want to add a new ride add it over on the other side of the park to draw traffic that way for crying out loud.
    As for standing in line for and hour or two, we do it all the time to ride a ride that lasts what, a minute. lol

Post Thanks / Like

We've seen Fantasmic twice, both times with the MaMa Melrose package. Even with the special ticket to get in, it is so much walking after a full day at the park! As far as the show, I think it was very good. It definately kept our interest. This year I have decided to skip it though--after twice I don't think we'll miss it too much. We're going to use the time for smaller lines at the rides instead.
    Don't need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been--Mater

Post Thanks / Like

I Love Fantasmic and its a must do for me and my fiance. I find it to be magical and very disney. I want to be able to take my sister to WDW next year and take her to Fantasmic because I know she would love it to. Waiting in a long line or sitting for awhile before the show starts does not bother me at all, it is well worth it!!!!! I would be completely devastated if it was gone forever!
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

I think Ian is way off base with his hate on this show. It's not that bad. In fact, I'd go as far to say I enjoy it. DL is definately better, hands down, but I think we're being a little harsh.

That being said, would I mind a new nighttime show for that matter in ALL the parks - nope. Growing tired of Illuminations and Fantasmic - and give me about another 12 months and I'll be bored with Wishes too. That's what happens when you go as often as many of us do.

Jaded Disney Syndrome...

Considering the fact that the site was designed specifically for F!, including all electric wiring, water, facilities, etc etc, it wouldn't be feasible from a cost standpoint to gut it and replace it.
    Btw, just had to comment on this. The same could have been said for Horizons........
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Let me add this disclaimer to the beginning of my post...I am a bonafide fireworks junkie...we have timed visits to disney over the years and have seen all the regular shows as well as the various holiday firework shootings (my personal favorite is MNSSHP). I have also travelled with one of the members in my church who does some large firework shows at various ballparks and amusement parks...I love fireworks.

However, having said that...IMO the last thing WDW needs is another fireworks show. We have wishes already at the MK....we have Illuminations (with fireworks, and the uber cool firebarge at Epcot)...and we have Fantasmic with fire, live actors (which to me is a must at place called a studio) and special effects.

The uniqueness of Fantasmic with all of the disney characters seen in live action... draws big crowds for a reason...and while I might be in the minority here I throughly enjoy those thirty minutes each time we go.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    3. The management knows how popular Fantasmic is. There was a huge outcry from guests when the show was cut. Imagine being cancelled??? "
    When has disney ever listened to people outcried when cancelling or closing things that people miss. Just looking around intercot there are a large number of posts on what people miss, rides, shows, music etc.

People won't stop going to Disney World because they are no longer running Fantasmic.
    Just got back. Unless we win the lottery or some long lost rich relative leaves me a bunch of money we won't be back for 5 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I think Ian is way off base with his hate on this show. It's not that bad.
    To each his own, my friend, but I stand by what I said.

I'd rather ride It's a Small World 100 times in a row than sit through a single showing of Fantasmic. I loathe it.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I might be in the minority here. But I am not particularly crazy about Fantasmic anyway. I feel I wasted a lot of time sitting and waiting for the show to begin (so I could get a decent seat.) And then the crowds leaving the theater were a nightmare. It's not that it was a bad experience, but I cannot say that I will ever do it again unless it's with someone who has never been.

Post Thanks / Like

I have two kids who are now 17 and 13. We've been going to WDW twice a year since they were 9 and 5 and have seen Fantasmic probably 3 or 4 times. Since we hadn't seen it for a while, I suggested that for our trip this summer. Both kids were very luke-warm about going. They would rather spend more time in the park at attractions and not fight the crowds or put up with the chilly dampness you might get from sitting up close. I'm pretty sure both of them would rather see some type of new ride at the Studios, regardless of where it might be located. Now, that being said...our family is one that avoids fireworks and parades like the plague once we've seen them once. Those are great times to go on rides while everyone else is busy!!
    Wendy

"Everybody wants to be a cat. Because a cat's the only cat who knows where it's at."

Upcoming trips:
    August 2018: Honeymoon trip for DD and her new husband
    September 2018: Food and Wine trip
    March 2019: Disneyland Food and Wine trip?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    To each his own, my friend, but I stand by what I said.

I'd rather ride It's a Small World 100 times in a row than sit through a single showing of Fantasmic. I loathe it.
    Although I think you are predispositioned to not like it, I think if you saw the DL version, you'd change your mind (unless you already have, then I think you really don't like it.).

BTW, why didn't they put Fantasmic in the MK? Is it just because they wanted another attraction in DS? Maybe they can move it there. I see no difference waiting 1 to 2 hours for a parade and as far a creating a bottleneck in Frontierland, that happens in DL in New Orleans Square (which is a lot smaller), not to mention the hassle of getting around when a parade is going on at either DL or WDW.
    Also, you wouldn't be sitting so close as to get wet.
    Grim Grinning Ghosts come out to socialize.
    Nov/Dec 2001 POR-early 10th anniversary
    Oct/Nov 2002 Poly/AKL-late 10th anniversary
    Dec 2003 POR
    Nov 2007 CBR
    Oct/Nov 2008 CBR/AKL
    Nov/Dec 2019? I HOPE!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I think Ian is way off base with his hate on this show. It's not that bad. In fact, I'd go as far to say I enjoy it. DL is definately better, hands down, but I think we're being a little harsh.

That being said, would I mind a new nighttime show for that matter in ALL the parks - nope. Growing tired of Illuminations and Fantasmic - and give me about another 12 months and I'll be bored with Wishes too. That's what happens when you go as often as many of us do.
    I too enjoy Fantasmic, but I wouldn't be too upset if it left either. Especially if they replaced it with a good E-ticket (like a really cool Indiana Jones ride). Heck, there's enough room there to put a whole land or area.
    I have been bored with Illuminations for a while now. I preferred the show before it, where they played music from all the countries.
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: