Quantcast interesting rumor - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by valjane View Post
    I hate Fantasmic. I've seen it once and that was enough for me. I think it's the most ridiculous, meandering plot with kind of lame special effects. Totally not worth the time it takes to see it.

Sorcery in the Sky, on the other hand, used to be a really cool fireworks show. However, it was themed to movies, which almost seems out of place in today's version of the "studios."
    Kindred spirit!! Kindred spirit!!!

We must be long lost relatives.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    They're not the only ones that feel that way.

Personally, I find Fantasmic the most overrated, boring, pointless half hour I've ever spent in my entire life.

I haven't bothered seeing it years and would be thrilled if they dumped it and put something in that space that was even moderately enjoyable.
    Ditto - We usually will see it every other year or so...and sometimes every two years. Its an okay show, but definately not worth the hassle. If they replaced it with something else, I don't think I'd miss it at all.
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

I really rather like Fantasmic, parts of the show (such as the dragon and end sequence) are magnificent while others (such as the prolonged Pocahontas segment without explanation) clog up the show.

I would be sad to see it go, but would thoroughly understand the business decisions behind it and don't really object to them.
    I've got a dirty thumb.

The People of Anandapur and the Royal Anandapur Wildlife and Forestry Authority trust you will enjoy your walk and ask that you respect and honor these lovely creatures with behavior appropriate for peaceful co-existence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tigmickey View Post
    FYI, those people that don't like, stop going and that will relieve the crowds. JK
    I don't think people that don't like Fantasmic are the ones filling up the seats. My vacation time is too precious to me to waste it doing something I really don't like to do.
    Grim Grinning Ghosts come out to socialize.
    Nov/Dec 2001 POR-early 10th anniversary
    Oct/Nov 2002 Poly/AKL-late 10th anniversary
    Dec 2003 POR
    Nov 2007 CBR
    Oct/Nov 2008 CBR/AKL
    Nov/Dec 2019? I HOPE!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    Well, it is Screamscape so take it with a grain of salt.
    Actually Screamscape does a pretty good job with their rumors. He usually only posts stuff after he gets numerous accounts from different folks with the same info. And actually a good portion of his rumors end up being true, and the ones that don't he usually says that they aren't likely or they are unsubstantiated.

That being said, I still don't see the removal of F! happening, but I suppose only time will tell!
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Team Disney Orlando is driven by charging more and more money for things while lowering the product... Walmarting of Disney if you will.. They cut budgets for refurbs, they cut budgets for new rides, they cut budgets for maintenance...
    Oh gee, here we go again... more talking-down of WDW on the basis of spreadsheets, while ignoring the facts that the latest major ride refurbs were very well received (based on ridership and overall reviews), and that the newest rides have been really big hits (again, based on ridership and reviews).

Does DHS stay open during the performance of Fantasmic!? I've not actually seen the Fantasmic! show so I don't know, but if the park is open during it, I'd say keep the show if it draws-in the majority of the parks visitors while shortening lines at the other studio attractions...

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cgriff View Post
    Oh gee, here we go again... more talking-down of WDW on the basis of spreadsheets, while ignoring the facts that the latest major ride refurbs were very well received (based on ridership and overall reviews), and that the newest rides have been really big hits (again, based on ridership and reviews).

Does DHS stay open during the performance of Fantasmic!? I've not actually seen the Fantasmic! show so I don't know, but if the park is open during it, I'd say keep the show if it draws-in the majority of the parks visitors while shortening lines at the other studio attractions...
    I believe the park stays open during Fantasmic, but I am not 100% sure.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

i love the show...
    if you get rid of a show, get rid of the Indiana Jones show. it's a cool show, but good lord, it's only been there for 10 years and adds nothing to the experience....put your ride there.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

I would be very surprised if this rumor turned out to be true, but if it does, you can count my family as one of those who won't lament the demise of Fantasmic. We've seen it twice, once each on our first two trips with kids, but since then none of my family has felt like it was worth waiting for. The first year we did the dining package, and while we didn't have to wait that long, the reserved seats aren't all that great. The second year we went in early and waited a LONG time, but got very good seats right in front. I'd say we enjoyed the show enough no to walk out before it was over, but not enough that we'll ever want to wait that long for it again. We'd rather spend those hours riding other attractions, or even shopping or eating. I don't foresee us ever going back to see it. It's just not that good.

On the other hand, we love the fireworks at MK and Epcot. They never fail to give me goosebumps from emotion. We make it a point to watch Wishes several times on every trip and I think it is the pure essence of Disney Magic. It never fails to bring tears of happiness to my eyes. Fantasmic doesn't come close to doing that. Never seen Sorcery in the Sky, but I'm going to see if I can find a video of it online. I'd love to see that show come back, regardless of what they do with Fantasmic.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorcery in the Sky was a great fireworks show -- for its time.

But the effects that made SITS so special are now part of Wishes, and I think they have also been improved upon in Wishes.

If the Giant Hat were demolished, and SITS were brought back as it existed, IMHO it would be unfavorably compared to Wishes by guests.

Fantasmic! is unique within WDW, and is still immensely popular. Yes, parts of it pale in comparison to the DL version, but that could be fixed with a tightened storyline, better use of the lagoon, and enhanced pyro.
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Post Thanks / Like

I never saw Fantasmic. However I loved Sorcery in the Sky. Especially the music! Hope this rumor turns out to be true.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm, an interesting thought came to mind. Would I mind giving up Fantasmic if it also meant getting rid of the hat? It's a tough one. I really like Fantasmic, but I REALLY hate the hat... It might actually be a fair trade....
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    Hmmmm, an interesting thought came to mind. Would I mind giving up Fantasmic if it also meant getting rid of the hat? It's a tough one. I really like Fantasmic, but I REALLY hate the hat... It might actually be a fair trade....
    Fantasmic isn't going away any time soon. There are some real plans to refurb the show by adding new segments and such. Plus, the hat isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw Fantasmic for the first time last year, and I was less than enchanted with the performance. I guess I was expecting something along the lines of Illuminations. Even my grandchildren ages 10 and 6 were fidgety, and they love everything Disney.

The other fireworks at night are something to behold, and nobody does that better than Disney.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    ......I REALLY hate the hat...
    I wasn't crazy about the hat when I first saw it, but now I don't even notice it when I'm in the park. I still call the park Disney/MGM, though.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Jill A View Post
    I just saw Fantasmic for the first time last year, and I was less than enchanted with the performance. I guess I was expecting something along the lines of Illuminations. Even my grandchildren ages 10 and 6 were fidgety, and they love everything Disney.

The other fireworks at night are something to behold, and nobody does that better than Disney.
    Always interesting to see how different our tastes are on here, as I'd watch Fantasmic! 10x over Illuminations. The current version of Illuminations is a total snoozefest to me.

I will say though that I'm happy to hear of potential changes to Fantasmic!. I'm in favor of all shows getting enhancements after years have passed. Some new elements to Fantasmic! could really give it new life, whereas I wouldn't mind Illuminations and even Wishes being replaced altogether.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Mel, you may be getting your wish after all, regarding Fantasmic and Illuminations.. Wishes will probably eb around a little longer though...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'm the biggest Illuminations fan out there, but even I wouldn't mind seeing it get a little TLC. The current show is closing in on 10 years old.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Well Mel, you may be getting your wish after all, regarding Fantasmic and Illuminations..
    What's the rumor regarding Illuminations? Didn't they recently refurb the Globe and inferno barge?
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I can take it or leave it. I think it's a decent show. My biggest problem with it is the way the quality of the show goes up and down throughout. It's equal parts entertaining and lackluster for me. For every part I can think of that I enjoy, I can think of another part that I find boring. I think a big part of what causes that problem is that the show is too long. They could cut about 5-10 minutes out of the show and provide a very enjoyable 15-20 minute performance that would please the majority of guests and decrease the cost of running the show at the same time. Some segments might have to be modified to accommodate the shorter length, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing, as that would give them an opportunity to implement improvements and upgrades that would increase the overall quality of the show. In the long run, they would have a better show that would cost less to run each time than the current show. What do you all think about that idea?

As for whether or not major changes will occur, I'll believe it when I see it. Also, I don't think Sorcery in the Sky is a good alternative. For one thing, it would just be another basic fireworks show, which would likely be too similar to Wishes, and the hat would have to be removed. Once again, I'll believe it when I see it.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: