All of this bad news is circulating through Intercot, I figured it was time for some smiles.

I was talking on Small Worlds the other night about my acceptance to UCSD (Yes Snarky I am in college ). CalPoly was my first choice but they didn't accept me, but rather put me on a waiting list to be decided on later (Depending on how many students accepted their offers). So I did a little hoop jumping and appealed my decision saying it was my first college of choice. This moved me up on the waiting list.

About a month ago I had an awards ceremony for an All California Academic Third Team award. At the award my student advisor said he was a CalPoly Alum and would call down and see if he can't pull his weight with them. Of course they still said no, but with how much bragging my advisor did about me, I got moved to the top of the waiting list.

Now come Friday I got a call from CalPoly saying I had been accepted. So after psyching myself up for San Diego, it became hard to make a decision. But just now I sent an email to Poly saying I would be attending their school come this fall! I'm really excited to be in their program (4th in the nation for specialty schools in engineering programs). I'm ready to get out on my own, but nervous at the same time.

So, some good news to brighten the day. I think I'll celebrate by going to DLR.