Quantcast where to watch WISHES outside of MK?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default where to watch WISHES outside of MK?

I'm not sure yet how many days we will visit MK and we really don't want to fight the crowds at the end of the night. I was wondering if there are other places we could go to watch wishes. I'm sure we would still fight traffic, but I'm hoping it wouldn't be as bad as park closing!
    Offsite as a teen

2003 offsite at the now Nick hotel
    2009 May POR

Kaylee 14
    Delaney 11
    Emmi 3
    DH 38 and me 37

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wishes.........

We LOVE watching Wishes from the beach at the Polynesian. We are not fans of fireworks up close so this is a perfect spot for us!!

Kim

1984 MAY- OFF PROPERTY Senior Class Trip!!
    1985-86 May- OFF PROPERTY
    2005 MARCH- OFF PROPERTY
    2007 FEBRUARY - POP
    2008 AUG.- POP
    2009 MARCH - POR
    2009 AUG.-POLY
    2010 AUG. - POP
    2011 AUG. - POP
    2012 APRIL - All STAR MOVIES
    2013 DEC.-POP
    2014 AUG.-AOA
    2015 APRIL- CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Sit on the dock at the Grand Floridian.

Post Thanks / Like

We watched from the Poly beach last year. We got Dole Whips and then walked out for the fireworks.

We took a taxi back to our resort, so there was no fighting crowds...it was awesome!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

You can definatly get a good view from either the Poly of GF, but if you want to have a nice relaxing meal too I suggest watching from CA Grill!

Post Thanks / Like

From the beach at the poly, the dock at GF, or if you can time it right on the shuttle boat to the GF.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

The boat launch at TTC is a nice spot. They even pipe in the music.

Post Thanks / Like

The beach at Fort Wilderness, it's a spectacular view over the contemporary. They also pipe in the music
    Sean
    So many Happy Trips!

6/30/12 through 7/10/12 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/11 through 1/4/12 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/10 thorugh 1/4/11 Fort Wilderness!

7/1/10 through 7/14/10 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/09 through 1/4/10 Fort Wilderness!

7/1/10 through 7/11/10 Fort Wilderness!

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I agree about the views from the Poly and GF if you are only coming there to watch the fireworks please don't. The guests who pay to stay at those resorts have the right to not have to fight the crowds in those areas. If you are coming because you have dinner at one of the restaurants then watching the fireworks afterwards is fine, you have also paid for the access.

The issue is the same as that for parking and pool hopping. Resorts guests have paid extra for the access to these areas and should not have to fight others for that.

That said, you can get a good view of Wishes from the ferry dock at the TTC if you are going back to your car.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    As much as I agree about the views from the Poly and GF if you are only coming there to watch the fireworks please don't. The guests who pay to stay at those resorts have the right to not have to fight the crowds in those areas. If you are coming because you have dinner at one of the restaurants then watching the fireworks afterwards is fine, you have also paid for the access.

The issue is the same as that for parking and pool hopping. Resorts guests have paid extra for the access to these areas and should not have to fight others for that.
    I understand what your saying, but unlike pool hopping, there are no restrictions saying people cannot share those resorts to enjoy the fireworks. We have gone to the Poly beach just for the fireworks 2 or 3 times. We told the security guard why we were there, he gave us a guest parking pass, and told us to have a nice evening. At least from the perspective of the Poly Beach, there's plenty of room for guests to spread out.

Getting back to the original question by tinkerddeedee, I would highly recommend the Poly Beach - maybe even find out the schedule for the water pagent, too. That's another really fun thing to see from the shore.

Post Thanks / Like

P. Dweller, I see that you have stayed at the Poly many times and feel a certain entitlement. But, your feeling of entitlement is very unDisneylike. Disney welcomes everyone. Don't discriminate. People visiting the GF and Poly might even one day decide to stay there because of that visit. Let people have there magical dreams. We are not party crashers just dreamers.

PS-I loved seeing the fireworks from our top floor room at Wilderness Lodge.
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Portofino Bay-(Club)Universal Dec, 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Wilderness Lodge - Dec. 2006
    Portofino Bay-(Club)-Universal- Dec 2006
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- May 2003
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- April 2002
    Off-site-May 1989-

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely the beach @ Poly! It's especially great if you grab a hammock and a Lapu Lapu...so relaxing and beautiful! Plus you can catch the EWP!!!
    1990 & 91 - Off Property
    1992 - Contemporary
    1993 thru 96 - Poly
    2002 & 03 - Poly
    2006 - Poly
    2009 - Pop Century & Grand Floridian

2014 - Beach Club for my daughter's first trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

The dock at the GF outside of Narcooses is very nice. The music is piped in over speakers.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

That said, you can get a good view of Wishes from the ferry dock at the TTC if you are going back to your car.

so that being said I guess at christmas i can not go to GF to see the decorations? its there for everone sorry you feel that its all for you because you paid the price to be there. but so did others as they bought a park ticket! and disney lets you visit there sorry you feel the way you do but I for one could care less the more people the merrier as i am at WDW!!!
    WDW79, DL 81,82,83,91, WDW "2006 on site WDW "2007" off site WDW "2008" cruise 4days WDW "2008" off site 7days, "2009" off site 7 full days 7/21 to 7/29 "whos counting"

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Yikes. Definitely NOT the Disney spirit. Take your 'entitlement' elsewhere please. Rooms cost more at those resorts for many reasons (primarily room and convenient transport to MK), but the beaches are for everyone.
    '90 - High School Trip
    '05 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06 - Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
    '08 - VWL and BCV

Next Up:
    '09 - Wilderness Lodge Villas

Post Thanks / Like

I can see both sides of this issue and I have never personally done this and I wouldn't even think about doing it but everything is good in Disney. The Poly beach is a great place to see fireworks.

Post Thanks / Like

We were lucky enough to catch a boat to Ft.Wilderness right as the fireworks were starting, our very kind captain stopped the boat and let us watch them from the middle of the lake, it was awesome. Never watched them from the Poly but I might just have to now !!
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

I think it should be said that even the "Official" Disney Guidebooks say that the beach at the Polynesian is a great place to see the firworks. If you ask a castmember or virtually anyone on staff they will say the same, regardless of wher eyou are staying. Also, this can not be compared to pool hopping without taking into account that as DVC members, DW and I are allowed to poolhop. In fact it is in the Member Benefits guide. So... only guest and DVC members are allowed to watch from a beach now?
    Disney is not really big on exclusions and while I agree with certain stated rules (i.e. if you did nto pay for a hard ticketed event, you shoudl not bethere), this whole "where to watch fireworks from "is not a ruled statement, nor should it be. You can go up to the contemporary and out on the balcony at the Californian Restaurant without eating at the restaurant and no one bats an eye, so I seriously doubt it is against any rules to watch from a beach or any other place.
    I have watched the fireworks from the Poly Beach during some of the most busy times of the season and let me assure you that there is never such a crowds that I have had to "fight for a spot" or anything of that nature. If Disney thought this was an issue, they would do what they normally do and that is to rope off an area strictly for Poly guests. Relax, get there early and grab a hammock and enjoy it.

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone! I think my family will have a MAGICAL time watching Wishes from the beach at the POLY!!!!
    Hey, we have ressies at O'hana for breakfast, does that count?
    Offsite as a teen

2003 offsite at the now Nick hotel
    2009 May POR

Kaylee 14
    Delaney 11
    Emmi 3
    DH 38 and me 37

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to stay in the MK without having to feel like a salmon exiting the park, stake out a spot on or near the landing at the train station. The castmembers do an excellent job of keeping guests entertained while waiting, you have a great unobstructed view of the castle, and you have quick and easy access to exit.

The Poly and the GF are great places too, though. Any way you slice it, you'll be able to enjoy a fantastic show!!
    Proud dad of Olivia Mei Grace, adopted from China July 2006
    Disney Marathon 2004
    Disney Half Marathon 2010
    Goofy Challenge 2011

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: