Quantcast what about bringing food?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default what about bringing food?

I am starting to plan our trip, and am wondering if anyone brings their own food? We are planning on eating breakfast in our room, and it should be fairly easy to pack pop tarts and granola bars where the souvenirs will go on the way home. Am I missing anything? Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Iteachpc Guest

I usually pack some breakfast type snacks as well. It saves time in the morning and also money!

We drive to WDW so I also bring a case of water and some individual juices we can drink in the room. Once I even brought some canned drinks along. This time we're doing the Quick Service dining plan so I probably won't bring as much breakfast food and will not bring soft drinks at all since we will be getting refillable mugs.

A few small snacks that can be carried in backpacks without much mess are always a great idea. Hungry kids get grumpy fast and a snack and save a bad mood in a hurry!

Post Thanks / Like

I bring a cereal box for my fiance since he likes his cereal in the morning and we buy the milk the night before when we get to the resort from the park and then keep in in the ice bucket covered with ice the whole night. Works really well!
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah I bring a bowl from home for him to eat his cereal too.
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

absolutely! not only is it a $ saver its a time saver - although we order groceries from gardengrocer.com and have that stuff delivered - either way having bfast items and late night snacks in the room is nice
    playdead88

boardwalk villas may 2005
    boardwalk villas may 2006
    beach club villas april 2007

wilderness lodge april 2008
    DVC member april 08
    animal kingdom villas may 09

Post Thanks / Like

I usually pack snacks, cereal, bowls, and nesquick drink boxes(my kids drink choc milk every morning). I also add empty sports bottles, spray fans and some sunscreen and ship it all the week before so I'm not trying to cram everything into suitcases.

Post Thanks / Like

We bring breakfast items along with bowls and spoons...We also bring snacks to take with us to the parks and water so we are not buying as much when we get there...
    Amy
    80 Camping ºoº
    89 Offsite ºoº
    05 ASM ºoº
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

I bring the little travel cups of applesauce and cut fruit, as very often in the Florida heat I'm not interested in eating a heavy breakfast. I'll pack a spoon and bowl for each of us to wash out every morning too.

I also bring tea bags to brew in the hotel coffeemaker (mods and up include one) as my other half is a pain in the morning without something caffinated to drink.

Last time on the DDP we also took our desserts (which we couldn't finish) to go, stuck them in the fridge and those were breakfast the next morning.
    Next trip DLR in February 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We ship it down in advance in a box - but we stay at Ft. Wilderness with a kitchen and need some special foods for dietary reasons. They hold the box for us at the Resort.

Post Thanks / Like

I usually pack granola bars and a couple of boxes of gold fish, etc.
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

We drive so we pack stuff for sandwiches and snacks on the road. We also bring some snacks to take into the parks. And, this time we're going to bring some breakfast items and pick up milk just before heading into the World.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the great ideas! I hadn't thought about snacks for the parks, but we will do that, too. We won't have a car - will I be able to buy milk by the gallon at Disney? I expect it will be expensive, but cheaper than buying breakfast every day!

Post Thanks / Like

We are not big breakfast eaters early in the morning (I can't even bear the thought of going to a breakfast buffet at 7 or 8 in the morning) , plus we don't want to spend the time every day eating at the hotel.

We've always packed several boxes of the individual cereal packs, some granola bars, instant oatmeal and maybe a few muffins (for the first day or two) to eat in the room while we are getting ready for the parks. And the space left over in the suitcase from the now consumed breakfast items is used to carry back souveniers.

We'll still eat a Mickey waffle once or twice as a special treat for the kids, though.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, pack snacks and some disposable table ware.
    Dry the handwashing dish soap onto paper towels
    or face wipes for washing out the refillable mugs, etc. These pack flat in a baggie.
    We also take disposable cups with covers. We
    get our refillable mugs early, then transfer coffee into the cups for waiting for buses (can't get too much caffeine at 0700)

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back from our first trip yesterday and we brought some of our own food for breakfast. It worked out great.

Post Thanks / Like

We drive, so we pack all kinds of food for breakfasts and snacks in the room. We take a big cooler in the car with us so we can bring milk, etc. from home, and don't have to grocery shop after we get there. Mods & Deluxes have fridges in the rooms and you can get one at the values for $10 per day.

We bring cereal muffins, granola bars etc. for breakfasts, crackers, cheese, chips etc. for late night snacks.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

I am a fan of bringing food! We were down last year (A year a go this week!) for two weeks. I sent down a box fedex ahead of us with snacks, stuff for breakfast, and diapers. Because we have small children, it is easiest to get going in the morning by having breakfast in the room. We were at the BC so there was a fridge in the room and down in the shop they sold half gallons of milk. It was also nice to have snacks to bring with us... you never know when people are going to get hungry!
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

We always do breakfast in the room. It helps us get going a little quicker and it saves money. We've done it all ways. Sometimes I just pack cereal bars, dry cereal, or instant oatmeal and then buy drinks at the resort (refillable mugs). Now that we have a baby we usually do a grocery delivery so I can get fresh fruits and milk. I did ship a box once with diapers, baby food, and snacks, but I think the grocery delivery is more convenient and just about as cheap.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

How much does it cost on average to ship a box FedEx before we leave?? One with diapers and snacks and such!!
    Too many times to count before NOW! 40+

Next trips planned Jan.1-6 2013 ~ ORANGE LAKE RESORT

Post Thanks / Like

Just be sure there is no "glass" or alcohol in the bag you bring in to the parks.

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: