Quantcast What is the very last thing you do when you leave Disney

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is the very last thing you do when you leave Disney

I was just wondering if any one had any traditions for the last thing you do on your last day at Disney.
    For me, i end it at Magic Kingdom. i basically take a small lap around the park, ending in front of the castle. then i walk down main street toward the entrance of the park.
    then I just sit on a bench and people watch...and kind of relive the past week. At that time i usually start making my plans for my next trip!

anyone else do anything on their last day?
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We either end our last day at the MK or Epcot. This time it was Epcot and we just walked out of the park super duper slow, and taking in all the smells, sounds, and sights as we went along.

If we end it at the MK (even if it is not our last day but the last time we will be in the park) we just walk down MS looking in all the shops in the evening before the park closes. Personally, I always make sure that once I get to the end of the MS I make sure to look back at the castle and, I know this might sound cheezy, but I think or under my breath say "Thanks Walt, see you next year."

Great topic!
    Brett

"Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas"
    - Monorail

"Good news....we've made it WORSE!" TOT4

"But why's the rum gone?" - Captain Jack Sparrow

Post Thanks / Like

Get on the DME bus back to MCO.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Cry and beg hubby to move to Orlando.

Post Thanks / Like

We always grab a snack at the CR. Go to MK for one last ride. Hop on the monorail and take a few trips around. Then we load up the car and wave by as we drive down the road.
    May, '08: 2nd child's first trip / Poly club level
    May, '09: Celebrating life @ CR club level
    May, '10: First time w/o diapers since '05 / Poly club level
    March, '11: First Trip Home to BLT!!!
    Dec, '11: First Christmas visit / BLT
    Oct, '12: First Oct. visit / BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Cry.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

I have to go to MK to see the castle before I leave. We can go to another park, but I have to at least be in the MK for a few minutes before ending my trip. I have to do the same at the start of my trip. Must go to MK for a few to see the castle then we can go somewhere else. The castle is always the first and last thing I have to see. I wish I were there now...

Post Thanks / Like

I usually hit the morning EMH park with my oldest and get a few rides in. Sometimes it's Everest. Sometimes Rockin Roller Coaster. When the park opens to day guests, we go back to the room and head for the ME bus stop, cause it's time to leave.

That's when we all cry.

Post Thanks / Like

cry I always end my vacation with Wishes and shopping in all the main street shops!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"
    Upcoming trips
    March 2013 for Garden Festival
    October 2013 Food and Wine!

Post Thanks / Like

We usually end with a nice and relaxing breakfast at Kona Cafe. It's starts the day off nice before either a long drive back home or fighting the airport crowds and sercurity.
    Also cute and fluffy!!!!!
    Blue punch-buggy, no punch back!

Post Thanks / Like

We're a all four park before we leave family. We each pick one of our favorites and get on it before we board that DME bus!
    June 26-July 6 2009 POP
    May 11-20 2007 POP
    May 4-8 2006 POP (w/ 70 yr/o parents)
    Nov 25-Dec 4 2005 CBR
    June 2-6 2005 POP (Star Wars)
    Nov 26-Dec 3 2004 POFQ
    Aug 21-28 2003 CBR
    June 13-21 2002 POFQ
    Sept 21-29 2001 CBR (Surprise Trip)
    Sept 20-30 2000 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

We don't end with any specific park, but I find myself taking pictures of everything and anything. I can always tell when I look at my pictures after we get back where the leaving Disney blues starts.

Post Thanks / Like

We've just so happened to do the same thing on our last several trips. We drive so we always put off leaving as long as we can, and we've found ourselves at the Poly last before we hit the road. We go take a spin on the monorail, do a bit of shopping, walk around, look at the castle across the lagoon, and throw some coins into the fountain wishing to return before we head out and hop in the car for the long ride home.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Since we live close by, we usually make day trips, but at least once a year, we stay for a week. Then we always end with Epcot and the Spaceship Earth.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

...Throw a coin or two in the fountain at the entrance of the Polynesian Great ceremonial house...
    Wells
    "But...I don't want to go among mad people."

"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat, "we're all mad here"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    I was just wondering if any one had any traditions for the last thing you do on your last day at Disney.
    For me, i end it at Magic Kingdom. i basically take a small lap around the park, ending in front of the castle. then i walk down main street toward the entrance of the park.
    then I just sit on a bench and people watch...and kind of relive the past week. At that time i usually start making my plans for my next trip!

anyone else do anything on their last day?
    I too always end my vacation in Magic Kingdom, And I ride the boat back to the mk parking lot. And I take lots of pictures of the castle while on the boat and then when we get to the dock there is very nice views to take pictures of the castle. And of course one traditions that I always do when I leave wdw, Is of course.... Cry
    I can't help it, No matter how long we have been there, Or how much fun I have had, I still leave crying. I just really really loved Disney World!

Post Thanks / Like

I always buy a mylar balloon for my room on the first day. The last day I scout the lobby for a family checking in, and with the parents permission, I ask a child to take care of the balloon for me. Everybody smiles, and it extends my disney magic just a little longer.
    February 2002 Contemporary and Disney Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marylynne95 View Post
    I have to go to MK to see the castle before I leave. We can go to another park, but I have to at least be in the MK for a few minutes before ending my trip. I have to do the same at the start of my trip. Must go to MK for a few to see the castle then we can go somewhere else. The castle is always the first and last thing I have to see. I wish I were there now...
    i am really the same way about the castle.... as weird is it is. a few years ago i took my brother to orlando....we went to seaworld the first day, and as much as i love seaworld, i was really disappointed in it...then i realized that it wasn't seaworld, just that all i could think of was magic kingdom and how much i really wanted to go there...that's why Magic kingdom has to be the first thing i do on vacation.
    we're going this december....checking into the hotel on Saturday afternoon, and first stop? guess where? ha
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

For years, I used to have a tradition of being sure to get my hand stamped when I left the last park the last time. I always told myself it was just in case we got to the airport and our flight was cancelled. That way we could just go back to WDW and head to the parks again. But now we don't have any tradition. I almost wish they still had the ability to do hand stamps. I used to wake up at home the next morning and relive my vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

Cry and start planning our next Disney trip.

Poly--2010. POR 2010
    Poly and CR 2011
    POR- 2009
    Grand Floridian-2009
    Wilderness Lodge-2008
    Polynesian-2008
    Contemporary-2007
    Wilderness Lodge-2006 & 2006
    Off-Site-2006
    POR- YC POR 2005

CBR- 2004

Share This Thread On Social Media: